Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Dre23's HALO EXTREME Log!

Hey guys and gals,

I have been REALLY impressed with reviews and feedback that I have read about all IML products, so thought I'd throw my hat into the mix and start a log detailing my 4 week run with HALO EXTREME.

First a little bit about myself.

I am a 30 year old former professional powerlifter who trained and competed at Westside Barbell for 4 years. I have been weight training since I was 10 years old, so I have been at this for most of my life. As a powerlifter, I competed as a superheavyweight (308+lbs) and my weight got all the way up to 491lbs (at least that's the highest I ever weighed myself...it could have been higher!). While I was very strong having lifts of a squat of 1005lbs, a 635lb. bench, and a 735lb deadlift, after realizing that this was not a healthy state for me to be in, I hired a contest prep coach (Jason Theobald) and began dieting and bodybuilding training in September of 2011.

From that time I have gone from 491lbs at 48% bodyfat (Yes, 48%...I'm probably the only person on the internet who admits to ever having been above 12%BF right?! LOL). I am currently sitting at 360lbs, and my eventual goal is to get down to right around 300lbs by the end of the year where I should be right around 10% BF. I feel that this will be a healthy walking around weight for me.

During this time I have not taken any of IML's anabolic products as I thought that any more muscle mass would only be lost in all the fat that I still had. But having already lost over 130lbs. I'm now ready to throw the HALO into the mix. I must note that during my 31 week recomp dieting, I have been using IML's LEANFUEL EXTREME before my fasted morning cardio. These cardio sessions can last up to 100 minutes at one time!! and this product has given me the endurance, energy, and mental focus to put in these cardio sessions each day. In fact, I have NEVER missed a single cardio session or gone less than my allotted time during my entire prep. While a lot of this is due to my tenacity, I have to give the LEANFUEL EXTREME its due credit for giving me that needed extra boost many mornings.

Ok, so onto the HALO...I will run this for 4 weeks total at 3 caps per day in divided doses for the first two weeks, and then if I'm feeling well will bump it up to 4 caps per day in divided doses for the final two weeks. I am on prescribed HRT so a PCT will not be necessary for me. I will also be running LIV52 for its additional health benefits.

My goal for the HALO is just to keep/maintain my current muscle mass while doing up to 130 minutes of cardio daily on top of my 5day per week weight training sessions, as well as eating a diet where my carbs are only at 60 grams per day (I do get a weekly carb refeed of up to 800grams carbs). So basically I'm looking for a nice recomp effect and hardening of my muscles along with increased vasularity. I already have tons of muslce so not really looking for anything dramatic there, but more so a body composition change as I work my way down to 300lbs. Hopefully be the time that I finish this log I will be in the 340's....we shall see...

So here we go!!!

For those of you who aren't familiar with me and my story and health trials since I was a kid feel free to check out my training and fat loss journal here...

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...mation-Journey

I thought that I would include some "Before" and "After" pics so you all could see where I started and where I'm at now. Yeah, I'm still fat, but I'm starting to look like an offseason bodybuilder as oppossed to an obese superheavyweight powerlifter!

BEFORE: 491lbs

Scan_Pic0001.jpg

Scan_Pic0007.jpg

Scan_Pic0010.jpg

Scan_Pic0009.jpg

AFTER: 375-360lbs.

375lbs.
    IMAG0286.jpg

370lbs. Veins in quads
    IMAG0298.jpg

365lbs. (4-31-12)
    IMAG0324.jpg

361lbs. (Today...05/10/12) Starting to get some shape!
    IMAG0331.jpg

Will be following your log brother. I am a halo fan, and soon as I approach my last week of Osta I will be jumping on some IML products (Deca-Drol and Cyanostane).

Don't be afraid to push that Halo to 4 caps a day, that is where I personally like it.

Your journey is incredible, congratulations on the weight loss and becoming overall more healthy. Pretty inspiring to see brothers transform their lives and bodies. I wish you the best.

Default Day 1 - 05/10/12

Ok, so now that you all know where I've come from (with the help of LEANFUEL EXTREME ), and where I'm at now, NOW we can see where the HALO EXTREME can take me for the next four weeks.

So today is Day 1, and I consumed 3 caps, one a time throughout the day:

Meal 1 - 8AM
    Meal 3 - 1PM
    Meal 6 - 7PM

I performed fast LISS cardio for 70 minutes this morning and then I trained chest and bicpes and had a very good workout. Even on my low carbs, my body has seemed to have adapted and pumps are good, so I'm REALLY excited to see how the pumps will be with the addition of the HALO. I have one more 30 minute cardio session before bed and that's it.

Any diet, cardio, training questions that you guys have, or about the HALO product (or suggestions from those that have already run it), please feel free to ask as I don't mind talking (I bet that's pretty obvious, lol).
    Last edited by Dre23; 05-10-2012 at 09:16 PM.

In to follow your log bro.

Quote Originally Posted by ckCrown84 View Post
    Will be following your log brother. I am a halo fan, and soon as I approach my last week of Osta I will be jumping on some IML products (Deca-Drol and Cyanostane).

Don't be afraid to push that Halo to 4 caps a day, that is where I personally like it.

Your journey is incredible, congratulations on the weight loss and becoming overall more healthy. Pretty inspiring to see brothers transform their lives and bodies. I wish you the best.
    Thank you very much ckCrown! I appreciate the words of encouragement, as well as hearing the fact that you liked the Osta and Halo. Yeah, I'm a big guy so I'm def going to push it to 4caps, but I respond very well to supps, so despite my size I sometimes need less than others. But due to the shor duration that I'm going to run the HALO, 4 (and maybe 5caps is not out of the question before I complete my cycle.

And yes, my life has COMPLETELY transformed! I can't imagine how I'll feel when I'm 300lbs...I'm going to feel like a freaking ballerina (no homo)!!

Quote Originally Posted by dre23 View Post

And yes, my life has COMPLETELY transformed! I can't imagine how I'll feel when I'm 300lbs...I'm going to feel like a freaking ballerina (no homo)!!
    Haha I hear that.
    My struggle right now is diet, am working on it (meanwhile I ate a Dominoes med pizza today). But, for dinner am cooking two Salmon fillets. Diet is a huge struggle for me...that and deadlifts...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic View Post
    In to follow your log bro.
    Thanks Kaotic! As I said in your log...your excitement with IML products got me motivated to make the jump!

Quote Originally Posted by ckCrown84 View Post
    Haha I hear that.
    My struggle right now is diet, am working on it (meanwhile I ate a Dominoes med pizza today). But, for dinner am cooking two Salmon fillets. Diet is a huge struggle for me...that and deadlifts...
    Yeah man. I've def been there, but the differences that I'm seeing in the mirror make me stick to my diet even more. Consistency is the key day in and day out. I had to deal with my food addictions/demons before I was able to make real progress into why I was sabotaging myself.

The Engineer: GAT Lead Rep lastson's Avatar

Damn it, I know I posted in here a little bit ago and it doesn't show..

Anyways , In for another great Big Dre log.. You've made some amazing changes, can't wait to see how the Halo helps out.. I loved it I last ran it for 6 weeks up to 4 caps a day..

Good luck

Last

Quote Originally Posted by lastson View Post
    Damn it, I know I posted in here a little bit ago and it doesn't show..

Anyways , In for another great Big Dre log.. You've made some amazing changes, can't wait to see how the Halo helps out.. I loved it I last ran it for 6 weeks up to 4 caps a day..

Good luck

Last
    Thank you very much Last! I can always rely on you for support brother.

Future Sexy Campeon

Quote Originally Posted by dre23 View Post
    Thank you very much Last! I can always rely on you for support brother.
    Best of luck for you Dre! You have come such a long way and its so inspiring seeing those before and afters and knowing that its not over yet! As soon as im back in the states I am going to start a log on a transformation also I wiegh 200 not alot but need to transform those 200 to solid mass....Your an inspiration and a great guy and im hear to follow you and support you on your journey to become the Biggest Leanest guy weve all seen!!!!
    Last edited by DieselXT; 05-10-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselXT View Post
    Best of luck for you Dre! You have come such a long way and its so inspiring seeing those before and afters and knowing that its not over yet! As soon as im back in the states I am going to start a log on a transformation also I wiegh 200 not alot but need to transform those 200 to solid mass....Your an inspiration and a great guy and im hear to follow you and support you on your journey to become the Biggest Leanest guy weve all seen!!!!
    Thanks DXT! Yes, I have traveled quite a ways, but I'm not letting off the gas as there is still much work to be done! I'm glad to see that you are setting goals for yourself and future transformation. I have found that writing out, posting, and reading out loud my goals on a daily basis have greatly helped in bringing them to pass.

Well, just finished my last 30 minute LISS session so going to hit the sack. Excited for Day 2 tomorrow, where it will be an "easy" training day of just cardio, hams and calves. Let's get this HALO party started!
    Last edited by Dre23; 05-10-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Def following along dre....your 24 inch guns may need.to be registered after this run...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast