Default Steroids and psycho-sexual behaviour

Delving deeper into how the introduction of male hormone derivatives affect the mind. Do you think they have an influence on psycho-sexual behavior?

A very close female friend of mine reported no increase in libido on anavar. She has run 3 courses. She was unaware of many "sides" from aas going into the cycles which made her a good unbiased canidate for interviewing.

PENCILNECK

Interesting question...

Hans

Dramatic increases in prolactin resulting from AAS usage (which I've discussed in depth under the women and test thread) has been proven to result in mental illness, hostility, depression, headaches, loss of libido...and even psychosis in extreme cases.

My theory of "roid rage", besides the increased aggression that results from certain drugs, and besides the recreational drugs that are running rampid in almost all sports, is the dramatic increase in prolactin levels that tends to go untreated by many steroid users. Has nothing to do with abuse, only lack of knowledge and ignorance that leads to the demise of so many. Very few AAS users use an anti prolactin when they cycle. And I have seen this far more prevalent among women than men...because there is hardly any substantial info on the effects of anabolics on the female endocrine system. That, and the fact that most women are conditioned to thinking that they do not need the aid of certain assisting compounds like anti prolactins, anti progesterones, or even some form of PCT etc while on cycle. That's because women were also conditioned to thinking that they could not use the same heavy androgenic compounds that men used. Women today use everything from anavar to tren and halo, without taking any of the necessary aforementioned precautionay measures to minimze collateral damage.

This is my personal observation, and I have worked closely with many women from all walks of life on their bodybuilding endeavors, so take this with a grain of salt.. But women seem to develop substantially more serious psychological issues after years of AAS use than what has been documented in male users. Reason is that men have a different response mechanism to certain emotions to begin with (coping skills if you will), which does not cause the prolactin surges you will see in women. That, and the fact that male users are more likely to run an anti prolactin during their cycles, whereas most women are not. I hate to tell you this, but women are also far more likely to abuse AAS than men are for various reasons I will not get into in this thread.

Another thing I discussed earlier and my girl NB stressed the its significance, is the amount of test certain women run. 80mg of test/week is what doctors typically prescribe to women in the transitional phase of a sex change (Transgeneder hormonal therapy). These dramatic changes to a women's hormonal makeup are what lead to psycho-sexual changes making many female bodybuilders turn either bisexual or gay.

That is the truth. Some might not want to hear it, but it is what it is ladies.

SS
    Last edited by Sistersteel; 04-14-2009 at 02:40 PM.

There appears to be a 15 minute window to edit posts and so I was unable to run a spell check, so excuse the typos please.

I need a definition of what's considered 'psycho-sexual behavior', please.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondell View Post
    I need a definition of what's considered 'psycho-sexual behavior', please.

Basically, psycho-sexual behavior is the study of personality changes due to the effects of hormonal fluctuations (in this case AAS induced hormonal fluctuations) that result in alterations in the sexual pleasure drive on the individual psyche.

Quote Originally Posted by Sistersteel View Post
    Dramatic increases in prolactin resulting from AAS usage (which I've discussed in depth under the women and test thread) has been proven to result in mental illness, hostility, depression, headaches, loss of libido...and even psychosis in extreme cases.

My theory of "roid rage", besides the increased aggression that results from certain drugs, and besides the recreational drugs that are running rampid in almost all sports, is the dramatic increase in prolactin levels that tends to go untreated by many steroid users. Has nothing to do with abuse, only lack of knowledge and ignorance that leads to the demise of so many. Very few AAS users use an anti prolactin when they cycle. And I have seen this far more prevalent among women than men...because there is hardly any substantial info on the effects of anabolics on the female endocrine system. That, and the fact that most women are conditioned to thinking that they do not need the aid of certain assisting compounds like anti prolactins, anti progesterones, or even some form of PCT etc while on cycle. That's because women were also conditioned to thinking that they could not use the same heavy androgenic compounds that men used. Women today use everything from anavar to tren and halo, without taking any of the necessary aforementioned precautionay measures to minimze collateral damage.

This is my personal observation, and I have worked closely with many women from all walks of life on their bodybuilding endeavors, so take this with a grain of salt.. But women seem to develop substantially more serious psychological issues after years of AAS use than what has been documented in male users. Reason is that men have a different response mechanism to certain emotions to begin with (coping skills if you will), which does not cause the prolactin surges you will see in women. That, and the fact that male users are more likely to run an anti prolactin during their cycles, whereas most women are not. I hate to tell you this, but women are also far more likely to abuse AAS than men are for various reasons I will not get into in this thread.

Another thing I discussed earlier and my girl NB stressed the its significance, is the amount of test certain women run. 80mg of test/week is what doctors typically prescribe to women in the transitional phase of a sex change (Transgeneder hormonal therapy). These dramatic changes to a women's hormonal makeup are what lead to psycho-sexual changes making many female bodybuilders turn either bisexual or gay.

SS
    Thank you for the post.

What compounds/doses would cause this "Dramatic increases in prolactin"?

Also I have used aas on and off for 21 years and never used anti prolactins, anti progesterones. I notice for me personally my irritability is linked to a lack of sleep. Tren and high doses of Test give me insomnia but when I use lower doses of Test I feel a sense of well being.

What are the various reasons women are more likely to abuse aas? I have actually observed the opposite.

Thank you.

SS
    Great post again.

I know that quite a number of diseases and metabolic disturbances can present as psychosis, however, I hadn't found anything in the symptoms of hyperprolatinaemia (high levels of prolactin in the blood) that relate to this.

It does make me wonder how many 'mad' people have been locked away in institutions without proper diagnosis.

The irony of this which is related to a number of the discussions we have been having in the women's section, is that anti-psychotic drugs are reknown for inducing hyperprolatinaemia, and so can hypothyroidism.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Thank you for the post.

What compounds/doses would cause this "Dramatic increases in prolactin"?

Also I have used aas on and off for 21 years and never used anti prolactins, anti progesterones. I notice for me personally my irritability is linked to a lack of sleep. Tren and high doses of Test give me insomnia but when I use lower doses of Test I feel a sense of well being.

What are the various reasons women are more likely to abuse aas? I have actually observed the opposite.

Thank you.
    Tren and Deca both raise prolactin levels significantly. 21 years ago people did not run PCT, AIs or HCG. So It does not surprise me that you would not have either.

I have never heard of high doses of test causing insomnia. I guess it all depends on what your definition of high is. High levels of test have been proven to induce euphoric feelings. Sort of the opposite of what you claim to have experienced.

The insomnia is directly related to your Tren usage. Tren is notorious for causing that.

Men and women alike have been known to abuse AAS. However, It is my opinion that the state of mind of a female bodybuilder and the overwhelming desire to put on significant amounts of muscle that are otherwise impossible to attain without the aid of drugs, that leads to women taking much bigger health risks.

SS

Tren and Deca both raise prolactin levels significantly. 21 years ago people did not run PCT, AIs or HCG. So It does not surprise me that you would not have either.

I have never heard of high doses of test causing insomnia. I guess it all depends on what your definition of high is. High levels of test have been proven to induce euphoric feelings. Sort of the opposite of what you claim to have experienced.

The insomnia is directly related to your Tren usage. Tren is notorious for causing that.

Men and women alike have been known to abuse AAS. However, It is my opinion that the state of mind of a female bodybuilder and the overwhelming desire to put on significant amounts of muscle that are otherwise impossible to attain without the aid of drugs, that leads to women taking much bigger health risks.

SS
    Most of the females I know do not use deca or tren so maybe thats why I have not observed or heard of the sides you listed.

I start having problems with test around 2 grams per week but at low to moderate doses I feel great on it.

I know a ton of guys who abuse aas but less females so it would be interesting to see if there are any statistics on abuse as it relates to gender.

Most of the females I know do not use deca or tren so maybe thats why I have not observed or heard of the sides you listed.

I start having problems with test around 2 grams per week but at low to moderate doses I feel great on it.

I know a ton of guys who abuse aas but less females so it would be interesting to see if there are any statistics on abuse as it relates to gender.
    2g of test/week is a bit excessive in my opinion. But that is a discussion for the men's chemical enhancement forums.

You mentioned never having met women who run harsher compounds like Tren or Deca and made reference to a friend of yours who has run anavar with no effects on libido.

Anavar is hardly anything to worry about in terms of dramatic effects on the female endocrine system. Mind you, I am NOT saying that anavar is harmless, I was simply implying that the use of far harsher compounds demands a more thorough assessment and a deeper technical approach in evaluating side effects, short and long term consequences, risks versus results, dosing protocol, hormonal rebound management etc..that are very case specific.

Most of the women on this forum are very experienced users. However, the information available to women on the effects of AAS on the endocrine system is grounded in theoretical speculation and personal experience at best.

Newbies and non experienced users are certainly more than welcome to partake in these discussions, despite their complexity in nature. They actually have the advantage of learning from seasoned women who have been down that rocky road of years of trial and error and paved the way for more educated, informed and safe chemical enhancement. Most of us were not that fortunate.

SS
    Last edited by Sistersteel; 04-15-2009 at 02:17 PM.

2g of test/week is a bit excessive in my opinion. But that is a discussion for the men's chemical enhancement forums.

You mentioned never having met women who run harsher compounds like Tren or Deca and made reference to a friend of yours who has run anavar with no effects on libido.

Anavar is hardly anything to worry about in terms of dramatic effects on the female endocrine system. Mind you, I am NOT saying that anavar is harmless, I was simply implying that the use of far harsher compounds demands a more thorough assessment and a deeper technical approach in evaluating side effects, short and long term consequences, risks versus results, dosing protocol, hormonal rebound management etc..that are very case specific.

Most of the women on this forum are very experienced users. However, the information available to women on the effects of AAS on the endocrine system is grounded in theoretical speculation and personal experience at best.

Newbies and non experienced users are certainly more than welcome to partake in these discussions, despite their complexity in nature. They actually have the advantage of learning from seasoned women who have been down that rocky road of years of trial and error and paved the way for more educated, informed and safe chemical enhancement. Most of us were not that fortunate.

SS
    Lol, I did not post never meeting a woman who ran harsher compounds.

Anyway I am very interested in everyones thoughts on female cycling and forgive me if I continue to ask specific questions but I have a ton of knowledge with male use but not as much with female use.

Thank you

Lol, I did not post never meeting a woman who ran harsher compounds.

Anyway I am very interested in everyones thoughts on female cycling and forgive me if I continue to ask specific questions but I have a ton of knowledge with male use but not as much with female use.

Thank you

Actually, we encourage everyone to contribute and ask questions. So there is no need for an apology. Welcome to the chemical forum!

SS

Actually, we encourage everyone to contribute and ask questions. So there is no need for an apology. Welcome to the chemical forum!

SS

Or the femical forum, just to differentiate
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne