Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-H_2005 View Post
    Then why are you working so hard to defend it? Where's your (outside of a few genetically elite) evidence?

I'll give you this (re: UNC jersey)...even if I disagree with you on this topic, you HAVE demonstrated a high level of intelligence in another area.

Go Heels!
    I'm defending it because following this approach to eating has improved my quality of life outside of bodybuilding. No one who follows iifym takes it to the extremes that you repetitively keep bringing up; it is more a flexible way of dieting to acheive the same results as someone who eats 100% "clean". It would benefit a lot of people who eat clean but do not track that macronutrients. As far as some of you saying it is a lazy approach to dieting for the weak-minded, I'm pretty sure the other posters in this thread who follow iifym weigh out and track every gram of food they put in their body.
    I hate to disagree with you again, but I bought the jersey for the name on the back, not the name on the front
    Quote Originally Posted by OoFaP View Post
    I look a million times better now than when I was an obsessed freak who ate nothing but typical bodybuilder foods every couple of hours and chose to stay at home and eat rather than go places. But I must have elite genetics for it to work for me I guess. So either it works because we have good genetics or it works because we aren't actually natural. Open your mind and accept change. I cringe every time I see a fat out of shape bodybuilder forcing himself to eat nasty fish because he thinks he has to.
    This was the original point I was trying to get across. I look better not obsessing about eating every 2-3 hours and enjoying every meal I eat. When dieting I don't "cheat" on my diet like those of you preaching against iifym say you ocassionally do, i simply fit those foods in my macros on a re-feed day. In the past when bulking up I wouldn't really track my macros for the day and eat 100% "clean" foods and gained more bodyfat then if I were to just manage my macros better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheABomb View Post
    I'd rather be a fucking fatass and deadlift over 600 than walk around at 160 with striated glutes....

I don't think any enhacned bodybuilders gives 2 shits about how some 150lb natural bodybuilder looks on stage...

Ok so you what you're saying is you would rather be fat and dead-lift 600lbs. Which has nothing to do with bodybuilding in the first place. Bodybuilders max weights aren't their priority. And while being a fatass you are more unhealthy and have sex with far less attractive women. To each their own, but if you're not even a bodybuilder then why all the hate? I would rather be strong and look good than be fat and be able to deadlift 50-60 lbs more than I can now. I've been fat many times in my life and I feel 10x better when I'm 10-12%, mentally and physically.

And you say enhanced bodybuilders don't care about how naturals look on stage. But yet you see all the time "there's no way you can get that lean without drugs, he's obviously on diuretics because his glutes are so lean... ect". There is some form of jealously or resentment going on, whether you choose to acknowledge that or not is another thing.
    Last edited by Jake DeMichele; 06-10-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Idiotic and ignorant statement just like 80% of the posts in this thread. MD and RX members are sadly the reason that the general population views bodybuilders so negatively.
    Adam there is no point in arguing with these idiots. They obviously have their own methodologies which are far superior to anything else, even when the evidence is brutally objective.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceinator3000 View Post
    I will go out on a limb here and feel free to flame away but I'd say he is. I remember when he got his pro card. Added muscle but not enough to say he was hammering away on gear. And they test and we all know bold will show up in any test for a long ass period of time. Now gh and a few other short/no ester anabolics, possibly, but there are a few natty freaks out there. Check out Doug miller and whatever the fuck Ricardo's name is they both compete natural in ifpa. Two people I doubt use anything. I'm not naive, some people have great genetics for bb. Some of us are fucked and do it for fun. And let's be real here, steroids are awesome no doubt about that.
    Very well said...Alberto is 5'9-160's on stage if you look on his facebook at progress pics over 2 yrs from going from a very thick buy soft 230+ lbs to shredded out of his mind...it wasn't a 16 week diet that produced those results

Quote Originally Posted by TheABomb View Post
    If I trained for a marathon, dropped 80lbs, ate bagels and hamburgers every day, did 2 hours of cardio a day, I could also be 160 with striated glutes. Just saying...
    Prime example of why bodybuilding has such negative stereotypes attached to it. So you're a fat 240 who deadlifts 600? Step your game up lightweight
    Edit: probably not even a bodybuilder. just a weak powerlifter.
    Last edited by knockout ted; 06-10-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve56 View Post
    Very well said...Alberto is 5'9-160's on stage if you look on his facebook at progress pics over 2 yrs from going from a very thick buy soft 230+ lbs to shredded out of his mind...it wasn't a 16 week diet that produced those results
    Exactly. And we all know how difficult it is to diet for 16 weeks eating only pure clean bodybuilding food. That's why doing longer diets and using IIFYM can allow you to diet for longer periods while maintaining your sanity, which in turn brings you new level of conditioning.
    Last edited by Jake DeMichele; 06-10-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake DeMichele View Post
    Exactly. And we all know how difficult it is to diet for 16 weeks eating only pure clean bodybuilding food. That's why doing longer diets and using IIFYM can allow you to diet for longer periods while maintaining your sanity, which in turn brings you new level of conditioning.
    I think people especially in bodybuilding take everything to the extreme...IIFYM doesn't mean eat pizza,pop tarts, and pork chops all day lol....it means you have 250 g pro, 300 g carbs, 60 g of fat and you have to hit those macros that day...obviously gorging on junk all day will probably make it tough to hit 250 g pro while only having 60 g of fat....i have never followed IIFYM but i'm open minded to it...Natural pros like Layne, alberto nunez, and Ryan Doris have used it and all came in shredded

lol.... he called me "Jeff dahmer" , howd you know im from wisc ? I Thinks u need to scrape the shit off your shoe cuz u stepped in some talkin about shit u know nothing of.

IIFYM has restrictions. Certain other requirements need to be met which wouldn't be with your approach. You would be getting no vitamins, no fiber, etc. If you took everything in supplement form in addition to that then in terms of body composition, it would be the same. You would feel terrible though, have worse workouts, and probably get sick which would eventually affect body composition but the foods by themselves wouldn't.

I don't see the point in looking at the extremes. No one is advocating that. This is what I currently look like:

My diet for the past year has consisted of a lot of oats, lean turkey, chicken, eggs, broccoli, and peanut butter. On top of that, not a day has gone by where I didn't have either a bagel with cream cheese, a couple of hamburgers, or a burrito. I look a million times better now than when I was an obsessed freak who ate nothing but typical bodybuilder foods every couple of hours and chose to stay at home and eat rather than go places. But I must have elite genetics for it to work for me I guess. So either it works because we have good genetics or it works because we aren't actually natural. Open your mind and accept change. I cringe every time I see a fat out of shape bodybuilder forcing himself to eat nasty fish because he thinks he has to.

you look great man!

IIFYM has restrictions. Certain other requirements need to be met which wouldn't be with your approach. You would be getting no vitamins, no fiber, etc. If you took everything in supplement form in addition to that then in terms of body composition, it would be the same. You would feel terrible though, have worse workouts, and probably get sick which would eventually affect body composition but the foods by themselves wouldn't.

I don't see the point in looking at the extremes. No one is advocating that. This is what I currently look like:

My diet for the past year has consisted of a lot of oats, lean turkey, chicken, eggs, broccoli, and peanut butter. On top of that, not a day has gone by where I didn't have either a bagel with cream cheese, a couple of hamburgers, or a burrito. I look a million times better now than when I was an obsessed freak who ate nothing but typical bodybuilder foods every couple of hours and chose to stay at home and eat rather than go places. But I must have elite genetics for it to work for me I guess. So either it works because we have good genetics or it works because we aren't actually natural. Open your mind and accept change. I cringe every time I see a fat out of shape bodybuilder forcing himself to eat nasty fish because he thinks he has to.
    So you're eating like a regular offseason bodybuilder.

There's nothing new and groundbreaking about that. Why is it being presented as such?

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by knockout ted View Post
    Prime example of why bodybuilding has such negative stereotypes attached to it. So you're a fat 240 who deadlifts 600? Step your game up lightweight
    Edit: probably not even a bodybuilder. just a weak powerlifter.
    LMAO, I'm sure all the fatasses out there at 15% bf that weigh 240 are just ruining the whole lifting culture right now, while men who constantly obsess over how other mens glutes look are just look upon as the pinnacle of sports heros in the eye of the public.
    Last edited by TheABomb; 06-10-2012 at 03:38 PM.

RX MEMBER

I should clarify that I'm not anti-bodybuilding, just anit- "natural" bodybuilding or any of the s*** advice that comes from people associated with it. Jim Cordova and his Cell Tech, Kiyoshi and his 2000g of protein daily and now apparently dieting on bagels and burgers is the way to go. Joe Klemczewski is one of the few decent natural diet gurus out there, but at the end of the day, the majority of advice out there is complete bullshit.
    Last edited by TheABomb; 06-10-2012 at 03:45 PM.

RX MEMBER

You guys have spent pages extolling the virtues of being able to eat as one likes if it fits your macros.

So maybe it should be IIFYMAICEITOIWYWTLLABLAAG?

If It Fits Your Macros And Is Clean Except In The Occasional Instance When You Want To Let Loose A Bit Like At A Gathering...

Or are you telling me that eating clean 90-95% of the time and eating some occasional crap is okay? You know, like a traditional diet with the occasional cheat meal?

Read what you wrote.

For you, we'll call it IIFYMAPABAAPACFSNHFCS

If It Fits Your Macros And Provides A Broad Amino Acid Profile And Carbs From Sources Not HFCS.

You clowns are so all over the place with this that I don't even know where to begin!

I'd prefer to call it, "IIFYMATMOTCSAOLGIATFCFNPBATMOPCFCTBWAOCM"

"If it fits your macros and the majority of the carb sources are of low gi and the fats come from natural peanut butter and the majority of the protien comes from chicken, turkey, and beef with an occasional cheat meal"

Wow, what a fucking revolutionary concept

Quote Originally Posted by Jake DeMichele View Post
    Adam there is no point in arguing with these idiots. They obviously have their own methodologies which are far superior to anything else, even when the evidence is brutally objective.
    I know. I usually don't say anything and just read the comments for entertainment. If someone wants to look worse than me on a more boring diet, it's not my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve56 View Post
    you look great man!
    Thanks man.

There's nothing new and groundbreaking about that. Why is it being presented as such?

Why off season? Why can't I eat this diet prepping for a show?

No one claims it is groundbreaking. It's just an emphasis on macros over actual food choices. At least once a week I will end up eating completely different foods but with the same macros. Nothing bad happens to me. IIFYM is just to let people realize bodybuilding doesn't need to be the same bland foods day in and day out. If you don't eat your 8 ounce potato one day and replace it with an equal amount of carbs from another source, you will be fine.

Pro bodybuilders don't even seem to track macros or at least it seems like it in the videos. Whenever they are asked how much protein they eat they usually say something like "300-400 grams per day" or "6-7 meals of 10-12 ounces of fish." Very accurate.
    Last edited by OoFaP; 06-10-2012 at 04:13 PM.

I'm 'all over the place' because you seem to not know what IIFYM even advocates. Yes, you need complete sources of protein. You cannot eat residual protein from pixie sticks and get the same results. Aside from that, calories are calories. As long as protein/micronutrient requirements are met- a very simple postulate much removed from " you must eat tilapia and broccoli 8x a day"- body composition will not be dependent on food sources or meal frequency: FACT.

Even with your extreme, if the protein source was complete, body comp would be uneffected. Drinking syrup would be deleterious for HEALTH..and would not be advocated.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast