Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-H_2005 View Post
    So you're eating like a regular offseason bodybuilder.

There's nothing new and groundbreaking about that. Why is it being presented as such?
    We're not talking about offseason. We're talking about pre-contest. We all understand and recognize that quality food sources positively affect our health and physique. We're only saying that if I'm in week 16 of my diet, and feel like eating something besides rice or potatoes, the bowl of reeses puffs in a weighed out portion that has the same # cho as the rice or potato is not going to negativity affect my progress.
    Last edited by Jake DeMichele; 06-10-2012 at 05:34 PM.

It's not groundbreaking in regards to something new being discovered, it's basic human physiology. I could understand why it appears groundbreaking to people who are too ignorant to understand this concept, we learn new things every day.

Quote Originally Posted by OoFaP View Post
    Sure. This is what I'm eating now. I lowered calories by about 500 last month to drop 5-8 pounds for summer. I already dropped the weight so now I'm just maintaining. I have it organized in 5 meals but the majority of the time it's combined into only 4 meals. I just have it written out in Excel like this.

Meal 1
    2 eggs
    120g oats
    36 g Myofusion
    Meal 2
    120 g oats
    6 oz turkey(raw)
    200 grams broccoli
    Meal 3
    4 oz sirloin beef
    Thomas WW Bagel
    16 g PB
    Pepperidge Farms Bun
    Meal 4
    4 oz sirloin beef
    Pepperidge Farms Bun
    Apple
    Meal 5
    33 g ON casein
    10 g PB
    2 eggs
    do you consider this IIFYM? This looks like a normal bodybuilder diet..

Quote Originally Posted by TheABomb View Post
    LMAO, I'm sure all the fatasses out there at 15% bf that weigh 240 are just ruining the whole lifting culture right now, while men who constantly obsess over how other mens glutes look are just look upon as the pinnacle of sports heros in the eye of the public.
    Your bodyweight and bodyfat had nothing to do with my statement. It was your attitude and arrogance.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmeat View Post
    lol.... he called me "Jeff dahmer" , howd you know im from wisc ? I Thinks u need to scrape the shit off your shoe cuz u stepped in some talkin about shit u know nothing of.
    I called you Jeffry Dahmer because you look like a serial killer/Dahmer himself, not because your from wisc. Now that I know your from wisc im convinced your his long lost son. As for the second part of your post I don't know what you're referring to, or how to respond. Are you by any chance handicapped?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyH7688 View Post
    do you consider this IIFYM? This looks like a normal bodybuilder diet..
    Not really. I mean a few of the foods don't fit the typical bodybuilder profile but for the most part I only consider it IIFYM when I go off this diet but hit the same macros. IIFYM isn't supposed to be a revolutionary concept. Just a catchy acronym to try to get people to understand what macros are and their significance.

RX MEMBER

Someone really needs to close this thread and save this shit for the 18 year olds on bb.com.

People here actually have a thing called college degrees. And real jobs. 18 year old kids who think they know everything are always good for a laugh though...
    Last edited by TheABomb; 06-10-2012 at 09:12 PM.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Jake DeMichele View Post
    We're not talking about offseason. We're talking about pre-contest. We all understand and recognize that quality food sources positively affect our health and physique. We're only saying that if I'm in week 16 of my diet, and feel like eating something besides rice or potatoes, the bowl of reeses puffs in a weighed out portion that has the same # cho as the rice or potato is not going to negativity affect my progress.
    Tell that to the dozens of bbers I know who didn't seem to have an issue substituting captain crunch and doughnuts as their carb sources - they've seemed to develop this little thing called insulin resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I'm 'all over the place' because you seem to not know what IIFYM even advocates. Yes, you need complete sources of protein. You cannot eat residual protein from pixie sticks and get the same results. Aside from that, calories are calories. As long as protein/micronutrient requirements are met- a very simple postulate much removed from " you must eat tilapia and broccoli 8x a day"- body composition will not be dependent on food sources or meal frequency: FACT.

Even with your extreme, if the protein source was complete, body comp would be uneffected. Drinking syrup would be deleterious for HEALTH..and would not be advocated.
    Here you guys go contradicting yourselves as usual. If doing anything that negatively impacted health went against the principles of IIFYM, you'd never touch any high glycemic carb source, grains, processed carbs, processed meat, sugar, etc etc... Yet at the same time you claim that calories are calories. They're not.
    Last edited by TheABomb; 06-10-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Someone really needs to close this thread and save this shit for the 18 year olds on bb.com.

People here actually have a thing called college degrees. And real jobs. 18 year old kids who think they know everything are always good for a laugh though...
    Seems like most of the posters in this thread have a degree from the South Harmon Institute of Technology...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I'm 'all over the place' because you seem to not know what IIFYM even advocates. Yes, you need complete sources of protein. You cannot eat residual protein from pixie sticks and get the same results. Aside from that, calories are calories. As long as protein/micronutrient requirements are met- a very simple postulate much removed from " you must eat tilapia and broccoli 8x a day"- body composition will not be dependent on food sources or meal frequency: FACT.
    Dude, you contradicted yourself in one paragraph.

Even with your extreme, if the protein source was complete, body comp would be uneffected. Drinking syrup would be deleterious for HEALTH..and would not be advocated.
    But, it FITS THE MACROS. Call it something else, then.

I hope that I'm fortunate enough that my competition in November adhere to this school of thought. Because unless they're genetically elite, cocoa puffs every day in lieu of clean carbs is going to make my job a shit-ton easier!

It's not groundbreaking in regards to something new being discovered, it's basic human physiology. I could understand why it appears groundbreaking to people who are too ignorant to understand this concept, we learn new things every day.
    Smug doesn't fit you very well... It's interesting to me how you always manage to elevate the conversation in such a way when you get frustrated.

Thank you.

Tell that to the dozens of bbers I know who didn't seem to have an issue substituting captain crunch and doughnuts as their carb sources - they've seemed to develop this little thing called insulin resistance.

Hey now, Jake just told us that we're too ignorant to grasp this...don't confuse the matter with actual science or anything!

Here you guys go contradicting yourselves as usual. If doing anything that negatively impacted health went against the principles of IIFYM, you'd never touch any high glycemic carb source, grains, processed carbs, processed meat, sugar, etc etc... Yet at the same time you claim that calories are calories. They're not.
    Again, you're confusing all the Bro Scientists with your sill science and logic!

Quote Originally Posted by OoFaP View Post
    Seems like most of the posters in this thread have a degree from the South Harmon Institute of Technology...
    Because we disagree? That's some strong debating skill, brother!

I'll happily place my degree(s) against whatever you're sporting...

Quote Originally Posted by knockout ted View Post
    Here's a natural pro that follows iifym.

Heres a good read on iifym. http://pfaufitness.blogspot.com/2011...-fad-diet.html
    yep. theres a natural pro......all 158 pounds of him....LOL

I don't really know what I'm arguing anymore because by your definition I dont even truly follow iifym.

You are indeed correct about his genetics.

Before I get flamed for my physique. These are just comparisons to GarlicChicken. I'm well aware the majority of people preaching against iifym look a lot better than I and I'm not competition lean in any of these pics but they are the best I could find doing similar a similar to Chicken. I'm not saying my physique is better just saying it isn't far off. He's "juiced out of his mind" and I'm natural so not really a level playing field.

Jersey picture is 2 month old
    Attachment 117238
    Mid cut 2011 - back
    Attachment 114538
    Mid cut 2011 - front
    Attachment 114539
    Are you fucking serious with this shit?...... you look like a swimmer....or a college baseball player maybe?....please stop trying to teach people how to eat wrong....please....for the love of god

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by lilarnold View Post
    Are you fucking serious with this shit?...... you look like a swimmer....or a college baseball player maybe?....please stop trying to teach people how to eat wrong....please....for the love of god
    Or a Men's Bikini competitor, haha.

RX MEMBER

Basically describes every "expert" on bb.com

I'll bet they collectively decided to "go show dem fake sturrroid bodybuilders on md and rx" how smart 18 year olds really are!
    Last edited by TheABomb; 06-11-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Strong reading comprehension brah. Start by reading thread, process the words in the posts, think about them for a while, then you can post your response. But you might want to get someone to look it over before you post it so you don't look foolish.
    Also, Gyno - check, balding - check, my swimmer arms look bigger then your enhanced arms - check, you could compete in mens bikini but lose for being too small - check, you're enhanced and would get beat in a natural bodybuilding competition - check, keep going?

RX MEMBER

Strong reading comprehension brah. Start by reading thread, process the words in the posts, think about them for a while, then you can post your response. But you might want to get someone to look it over before you post it so you don't look foolish.
    Also, Gyno - check, balding - check, my swimmer arms look bigger then your enhanced arms - check, you could compete in mens bikini but lose for being too small - check, you're enhanced and would get beat in a natural bodybuilding competition - check, keep going?
    None of that post made any sense whatsoever

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast