Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by knockout ted View Post
    It's benefitted me as a natural bodybuilder. I no longer stress about having to eat every 2-3 hours or feel guilty if I have certain foods. Many people misunderstand what iifym really means though. And by benefitting people with orthorexia nervosa what I was trying to say was if bodybuilders/fitness enthusiasts learned more about nutrition and don't just think they have to eat select "clean" foods to build muscle/lose fat it would save them from unecessary stress/"suffering". You misinterpreted my point about natural bodybuilders. I wasnt saying that natural bodybuilders get leaner then enhanced bodybuilders, only that the natural bodybuilders that I have seen preaching iifym get leaner then your average npc bodybuilder. My point was also that I find it weird that you never find enhanced bodybuilder preaching iifym.

yeah, why sacrafice to be a winner......thats assinine

I wish everyone followed the IIFYM school of thought...then I'd look even better by comparison.

And I LOVE talking to "competitors" that eat this way...

Quote Originally Posted by lilarnold View Post
    yeah, why sacrafice to be a winner......thats assinine
    Right?

It's like the person that competes "just for fun".

Team Provo, Chem Moderator Provo82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-H_2005 View Post
    Right?

It's like the person that competes "just for fun".
    lol i know slightly off topic but competing is rarely fun unless you win imo. or are atleast in contention for a top placing with your first show as the rare exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Provo82 View Post
    lol i know slightly off topic but competing is rarely fun unless you win imo. or are atleast in contention for a top placing with your first show as the rare exception.
    The only fun part about competing if you don't win is watching your body transform. But the misery that causes this change is far from fun.
    Yes I did inject my sack to win free shit.
    Unban Ritch 2012 Follow my shit if you think I'm cool
    http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...-Starting-Over

there is a lot of unfounded, faulty science shrouding bodybuilding. if we ignore studies done completely debunking the importance of glycemic index and meal timing; if we forget that the body can take 24 hours+ just to digest something yet alone utilize it ;if we even forget that there are concrete metabolic pathways for which things must be altered and then run through no matter the original form- it is still quite silly for someone to set their life up to where they can eat chicken, rice, and broccoli 8 times a day, every 2 hours.

it can be argued that every person's body is subject to actual science(of thermodynamics, of metabolism, of signaling and response to stimului); but you can at least argue that the average lifter who wants to look good and get strong can quite easily get by with adhering to simple macronutrient guidelines and that being in contest-prep mode 365 days a year is kind of silly and pointless.
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 06-07-2012 at 12:57 PM.

you put garbage in... u get a garbage ass n gut..
    real simple.. gotta love these soft, puffy assclowns that try to re invent the wheel

you literally are what you eat. we are mostly made up of the food we have consumed in the past 18 months. so people following this should think about that (even though my diet has not been amazing recently)

you can 'cheat' but actually eat clean if you must. One thing i like to do is home made burgers - extra lean beef mince and make it up yourself, grill it (personally i love the george foreman) have on a whole grain bread cake some salad abit of sauce and there you have a decent, moderately clean 'cheat' meal and they taste great!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    if we forget that the body can take 24 hours+ just to digest something yet alone utilize it...

but you can at least argue that the average lifter who wants to look good and get strong can quite easily get by with adhering to simple macronutrient guidelines and that being in contest-prep mode 365 days a year is kind of silly and pointless.
    My digestive system would beg to differ with you. If I eat green beans at lunch, it's going down the toilet usually before I've eaten my 8:00 meal. Same with anything that passes through my system that can be identified on sight (corn, peas, nuts, etc...).

As for the rest, who wants to be average? Why bother doing this at all if you're not going to push yourself to be as much as your genetic limitations allow? I don't know, maybe I'm an oddball. I was raised to either give something 100% or just leave it alone.

And just because many of us think the IIFYM is stupid and lazy, 365 days of precontest isn't the only other alternative. There is a such thing as reasonable offseason eating.

Unless someone is hampered with family limitations and/or work limitations (REAL limitations, not excuses), then do it right. If one seeks the path of least resistance, they'll be just what you indicated. Average.

I may never look the way I want to look, but I know in my heart that there's not a thing more that I could do (with respect to maintaining one's health, of course) to be any better at this point in time. I fail to understand the mindset of those that settle for less.

Sorry about the rant. I've had a week of people asking for "advice" then telling my why their favorite TV show is more important than making it to the gym, people insisting that Body By Vi is great nutrition and people in my gym half-assing it through their contest prep because they're competing "just for fun".

I'm at the bottom of my barrel of tolerance for lazy shortcut seekers, and that's (apart from the genetically gifted that can get in shape eating anything) exactly what the IIFYM camp represents.
    Last edited by Triple-H_2005; 06-07-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Provo82 View Post
    Unless I win, which I've been fortunate enough to enjoy a few times, the only "fun" comes in the knowledge that I did more with what God gave me than 99.999% of people on this rock will ever do with their bodies, and that I reached another personal best.

There are a few morons in my gym that compete "just for fun", yet they're always the ones complaining about their placings. Coincidence? I think not...

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-H_2005 View Post
    My digestive system would beg to differ with you. If I eat green beans at lunch, it's going down the toilet usually before I've eaten my 8:00 meal. Same with anything that passes through my system that can be identified on sight (corn, peas, nuts, etc...).

As for the rest, who wants to be average? Why bother doing this at all if you're not going to push yourself to be as much as your genetic limitations allow? I don't know, maybe I'm an oddball. I was raised to either give something 100% or just leave it alone.

And just because many of us think the IIFYM is stupid and lazy, 365 days of precontest isn't the only other alternative. There is a such thing as reasonable offseason eating.

Unless someone is hampered with family limitations and/or work limitations (REAL limitations, not excuses), then do it right. If one seeks the path of least resistance, they'll be just what you indicated. Average.

I may never look the way I want to look, but I know in my heart that there's not a thing more that I could do (with respect to maintaining one's health, of course) to be any better at this point in time. I fail to understand the mindset of those that settle for less.

Sorry about the rant. I've had a week of people asking for "advice" then telling my why their favorite TV show is more important than making it to the gym, people insisting that Body By Vi is great nutrition and people in my gym half-assing it through their contest prep because they're competing "just for fun".

I'm at the bottom of my barrel of tolerance for lazy shortcut seekers, and that's (apart from the genetically gifted that can get in shape eating anything) exactly what the IIFYM camp represents.
    Digestion rates certainly differ for food/people. My point is that the thought that your body is going "catabolic" after a few hours of eating or after exercise is inaccurate. With as much as we eat, our body is constantly digesting/assimilating foods; unless you fast for a few days, it isn't a concern. My other point is that you are not ingesting something and instantly getting the effects. You are ingesting food now, digesting foods from hours ago, and assimilating nutrients from hours and hours ago. So that makes meal timing less important as well.

I do think that simple thermodynamics/nutrient requirements govern your physique as far as eating goes. But I still eat healthy and "clean" for health reasons regardless. I agree that both extremes are unneeded; but knowing that both approaches can yield results at least allows for a middle ground and for a little flexibility-- something that a lot of bodybuilders lack unnecessarily.
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 06-07-2012 at 03:52 PM.

"middle ground" ?
    this is an extreme fuckin sport, that dictates one push themselves.
    knitting, golfing or gardening can be your" middlground"
    there is no room for less.. Jesus h christ take that shit to bb.com

Why are we still talking about this?? Let him talk to himself we've stated how his points are not accepted as anything but bullshit from a bunch of tools at bb.com. It's more fun to not engage people who want to argue stupid fucking shit anyway.
    Yes I did inject my sack to win free shit.
    Unban Ritch 2012 Follow my shit if you think I'm cool
    http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...-Starting-Over

Quote Originally Posted by juiceinator3000 View Post
    Why are we still talking about this?? Let him talk to himself we've stated how his points are not accepted as anything but bullshit from a bunch of tools at bb.com. It's more fun to not engage people who want to argue stupid fucking shit anyway.
    You keep surprising me with your intelligent posts. Keep it up, great contributions to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    there is a lot of unfounded, faulty science shrouding bodybuilding. if we ignore studies done completely debunking the importance of glycemic index and meal timing; if we forget that the body can take 24 hours+ just to digest something yet alone utilize it ;if we even forget that there are concrete metabolic pathways for which things must be altered and then run through no matter the original form- it is still quite silly for someone to set their life up to where they can eat chicken, rice, and broccoli 8 times a day, every 2 hours.

it can be argued that every person's body is subject to actual science(of thermodynamics, of metabolism, of signaling and response to stimului); but you can at least argue that the average lifter who wants to look good and get strong can quite easily get by with adhering to simple macronutrient guidelines and that being in contest-prep mode 365 days a year is kind of silly and pointless.
    cool, keep preaching and ill keep beating the people who listen to you

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast