Page 2 of 238 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    #1 Rx Muscle "Trader Joe's Employee" lksurf2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss06 View Post
    Stay consistent...both diet and training
    Staying consistent was never problem. I was just overdoing it with the super sets and cardio like you guys said. So now Im taking the time to keep it simple in a sense with more straight sets and focusing on the muscle more. So i'll just keep pushing and adjusting as time goes and really try to take my body to the next level

Shoulders.

1) Seated Barbell Press. 2 warm up, 2 moderate sets 9-10 reps, 3 heavy 6-7 reps.

2. Standing side lateral raises. 4 sets moderate weight 10-14 reps. Held each rep at the top and put more focus on the negatives.

3. Seated Arnold Presses. 1 warm up, 3 working sets 8-9 reps, plus one drop set 10 slow reps. (burned like crazy)

4. Rear Delt raises. 4 progressive sets 8-13 reps.

5. Heavy Dumbbell Shrugs 3 sets, 12-14 reps

6. Heavy up right rows wide grip. 4 sets 8-10 reps. ( last 2 sets had to do rest pause in order to hit the reps)

7. Alt Front Dumbbell Raises. 3 sets moderate weight 10-13 reps. Put focus on the negative of the movement

Felt like another great workout where I was focused and strong all they way, def pushed myself through some of those and told myself that it will all be worth it when I'm done. I felt like putting emphasis on the negatives gave me more control over the muscle and allowed for a better workout. Another day done and looking forward to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by lksurf2 View Post
    Shoulders.

1) Seated Barbell Press. 2 warm up, 2 moderate sets 9-10 reps, 3 heavy 6-7 reps.

2. Standing side lateral raises. 4 sets moderate weight 10-14 reps. Held each rep at the top and put more focus on the negatives.

3. Seated Arnold Presses. 1 warm up, 3 working sets 8-9 reps, plus one drop set 10 slow reps. (burned like crazy)

4. Rear Delt raises. 4 progressive sets 8-13 reps.

5. Heavy Dumbbell Shrugs 3 sets, 12-14 reps

6. Heavy up right rows wide grip. 4 sets 8-10 reps. ( last 2 sets had to do rest pause in order to hit the reps)

7. Alt Front Dumbbell Raises. 3 sets moderate weight 10-13 reps. Put focus on the negative of the movement

Felt like another great workout where I was focused and strong all they way, def pushed myself through some of those and told myself that it will all be worth it when I'm done. I felt like putting emphasis on the negatives gave me more control over the muscle and allowed for a better workout. Another day done and looking forward to the next one.
    Looks good Brother.
    One day at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobe16 View Post
    Looks good Brother.
    One day at a time!
    thanks man. I know my workouts are def more simple now, which feel good, and I really appreciate all the feedback and support you guys have been giving me even though Im know where near your levels lol.

Abs/Stretching
    Ab training I decided to do super sets but still kept things at a controlled pace instead of burning threw it.

1) 3 sets
    - Hanging leg raises 15-20 reps body weight( went slow on the negatives and really felt the burn)
    - Ab wheel 15 reps (damn these hurt lol)

2. 3 sets
    - Kneeling Cable crunches, moderate/heavy weight 20-25 reps slow
    - Leg tucks(roman chair idk w/e you wanna call them) 25 reps

followed this up by 15 min full body stretching. Slow and controlled ab day felt good and made sure to put focus on the muscle. weight this morning was 162.1. Feeling good right now and just ready to relax and eat today since I do not have work, so for me that means MEAL PREP (like I always do lol) but luckily over the years of working out and cooking Iv'e really grown to love it so its not that bad for me, plus I like the foods I make even though they can be the same I fins maybe changing the spices around or adding something different from time to time keeps me sane and keeps the food interesting....i know I rant a lot but w/e figured this is my log/ journal so why not. I think Ill also start posting some food Ideas also even though I don't think anyone can top 'the solution' hahah.

Light rest day today. Just did 25 min of liss this morning before work. trust me when I say that this was my first real rest day even though I did the little bit cardio. Honestly felt really good today and feeling confident and ready to take on the weights again tomorrow. other than that just staying motivated by reading your logs and journals so I can better create the image of my future body and what it will take to get there.

Back/Abs

1) Pull ups, Sets 8-10 reps (I am not great at these yet because im still developing my upper body strength

2) Barbell Rows. 1 warm up, 3 moderate weight sets 10-14 reps, 2 heavy sets 7-9 reps

3) Iso lat pull downs. Heavy weight 8-9 reps 4 sets.

4) T-bar Rows. 1 warm up, 3 Heavy sets, 10-12 reps (last reps did rest pause)

5) Reverse Grip Lat Pull downs, 3 moderate weight sets 10-14 reps

6) Wide lat pull downs, 3 heavy sets 8-9 reps

7) Hyper extensions, 3 sets 20 reps (last to sets holding 10lb plate)

8) Super Set 3 sets
    Hanging Leg Raises Body Weight 15 reps (slow on the negative)
    Slow Crunches w/ 25lb plate on swiss ball 30 reps.

I had really good energy this morning so I was able to push myself a little harder this morning. I felt I had a really good and controlled workout. Im really trying to focus on my form and feeling out the muscle on more of these exercises, which seems to be working.

I will admit there are times where I get that voice of doubt in my head that tells me your not going hard enough, you need to super-set. but I am getting better at controlling it and just putting my focus in the moment and not trying to think ahead of myself and not doubt myself.

Also I will start tracking my #s with weights on exercises this way we can all keep track of my progress.

I am also trying to figure out my finances because I would really like to work with scooby just because of the great results he gets out of you guys, and because he seems to be a honestly caring trainer who works hard for his clients.

Anyway Just staying inspired and motivated by all of you guys even if you don't read this log. Another day done and looking forward to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by lksurf2 View Post
    Back/Abs

1) Pull ups, Sets 8-10 reps (I am not great at these yet because im still developing my upper body strength

2) Barbell Rows. 1 warm up, 3 moderate weight sets 10-14 reps, 2 heavy sets 7-9 reps

3) Iso lat pull downs. Heavy weight 8-9 reps 4 sets.

4) T-bar Rows. 1 warm up, 3 Heavy sets, 10-12 reps (last reps did rest pause)

5) Reverse Grip Lat Pull downs, 3 moderate weight sets 10-14 reps

6) Wide lat pull downs, 3 heavy sets 8-9 reps

7) Hyper extensions, 3 sets 20 reps (last to sets holding 10lb plate)

8) Super Set 3 sets
    Hanging Leg Raises Body Weight 15 reps (slow on the negative)
    Slow Crunches w/ 25lb plate on swiss ball 30 reps.

I had really good energy this morning so I was able to push myself a little harder this morning. I felt I had a really good and controlled workout. Im really trying to focus on my form and feeling out the muscle on more of these exercises, which seems to be working.

I will admit there are times where I get that voice of doubt in my head that tells me your not going hard enough, you need to super-set. but I am getting better at controlling it and just putting my focus in the moment and not trying to think ahead of myself and not doubt myself.

Also I will start tracking my #s with weights on exercises this way we can all keep track of my progress.

I am also trying to figure out my finances because I would really like to work with scooby just because of the great results he gets out of you guys, and because he seems to be a honestly caring trainer who works hard for his clients.

Anyway Just staying inspired and motivated by all of you guys even if you don't read this log. Another day done and looking forward to the next one.
    I think we all experience self doubt from time to time. (I know I sure do, anyway) The important thing to remember is that you won't wake up with your "ideal" physique tomorrow, but you can wake up one day closer. Just take it one meal and one workout at a time. Above all else ENJOY it!

^^ Great advice! It's a long hard road. Like often said, it's a marathon and not a sprint. Keep regular pics because you don't see changes in a short term and may seem like all for not, but when you go back and compare pics from a say 6 months ago that's where you'll see the huge differences.

Chest today. Was going to record my weights today but when I got to the gym I realized I left the pen on the table at home lol.

1) Flat Bench Press. 2 warm up 15-20 reps. 2 moderate weight 10-12 reps. 2 Heavy sets 7-8 reps. ( on the heavy sets went slow on the negative which made it a bitch to push the weight up but felt good after I was done). 1 Light set 13 reps

2) Decline DB press. 1 warm up 20 reps. 4 progressive sets 9-15 reps. (on these really held the squeeze at the top and on the 1 or 2 reps did slow negatives)

3) Incline DB press. 1 warm up 15 reps. 4 progressive sets 12-15 reps (weight on these were lighter than others because Im trying to get my form down better)

4. Flat DB flies. 4 moderate to heavy sets. 9-13 reps. ( again really tried to feel the squeeze at the top then control the weight all the way down)

5) Wide HS press. 4 heavy sets 8-9 reps.

6) Chest Dips 3 sets 8 reps. (still building my strength so I really suck at these right now lol)

7) Pec Dec Fly. 3 moderate sets. 12-15 reps. (felt like a really good way to finish off the work out and get a little extra stretch on the chest)

So tomorrow I will remember the pen lol and start recording my #'s. Felt like a good workout, in which I had great mental focus and was able to push through some extra sets and increase the weight which made me feel so much better. I had moments where I was like no it will be to heavy and you wont get any reps in. But I overcame that told myself to shut up and just try and hey I managed to do it.

I did feel stronger today by not doing any super sets or drop sets and actually give my self time to breath and rest between sets. Nothing else much to it today just happy that Im feeling more confident in my workouts and my body and really seeing what I can do.

AVBG

Good on you.. You're working really hard!

I'm not too sure if anyone else has picked up on that but I think for the stage you're at that you are going bit heavy on the volume? If you're going moderately balls to the wall then your recovery will soon be feeling it? You're doing on some larger body parts 20 odd sets? Is this because your metabolism is shot and that's what's got you into the mid one sixties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kinda just go by feeling and what I feel I have energy for, Also some of it is trying out some different exercises and getting the feel for them. The other part of it is coming off of doing super sets on every workout over the pat year, so I am so used to doing a lot of volume, so its more of a mental challenge Im trying to overcome as well when trying to back off, but Im doing my best and taking in one day at a time.

Legs/Abs

1) BB Squats 2 warmup 12-15 reps.
    -35lbs each side- 13reps. 45lbs- 9 rep, 47 lbs- 8 reps, 50 lbs- 8 reps

2) Unilateral Leg Presses
    -25lb each side- 12 reps, 30lbs- 10 reps, 35lbs-10 reps, 40lbs- 9 reps

3) Single Leg extensions/partial reps both legs
    -50lbs 12 reps/ 110lbs 20 reps, 70 lbs- 8 reps/ 110lbs- 14 reps, 70lbs-8 reps/ 110lbs 14 reps, 50lbs-10 reps, 130lbs- 9 reps.

4) Lying Hamstring curls
    - 50lbs-15 reps, 70lbs-10 reps, 70lbs-10 reps, 70lbs-10 reps/drop set 30lbs-20 reps

5) Seated Calve Raises
    90lbs- 20 reps, 115lbs-13 reps, 125lbs-9 reps, 125lbs-10 reps

6) Hanging Leg Raises BW-20 reps/ Standing Oblique Crunches w 25lb plate-20 reps each side. 3 sets

Felt like a really good leg day today. I know my #'s are not that high and I do feel a little embarrassed by them but I have to start somewhere. I tried to keep the weight and form as always under control and tried my best on every set. Just going to keep pushing hard and looking forward to the rest of the day.

Embarrassed about how much you're lifting? Why? We ALL started somewhere. Besides, focusing on contracting those muscles more than lifting with your ego is much more important.
    Training / Prep / Off-season coach: Kevin McDowell / Extreme One
    Journal: Hoss06 Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss06 View Post
    Embarrassed about how much you're lifting? Why? We ALL started somewhere. Besides, focusing on contracting those muscles more than lifting with your ego is much more important.
    I know its just i have been working out for a few years and you would think I would be stronger than this. But then again this is the first time Im really applying myself to everything because I really want this. But your right and I know we all have to start from somewhere so thanks man.

Page 2 of 238 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast