Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by curvygirl View Post
    Darrian!

I was just trying to message you. LOL! Thank you so much for posting feed back on my training thread. I was seriously trying to figure out where & when you got your pro card! Because you looked so familiar...Then it came to me! Not only did you get your pro card but you were Fitness Overall at Jr. Nats! That is awesome! Aaron Singerman thinks you are the bee's knees! He talked about you alot on either Heavy Muscle Radio or Access Bodybuilding. He & Palumbo loved your routine! Saying it was on par with Okasana G! That is impressive to be compared to many feel will be the next Fitness Olympia! So big ups and congrats again! Keep on killing it! I will be excited to hear what comes next for you and wish you nothing but continuing success!

Peace,
    Elise
    that you SOOO much for those kind words!! they mean so much to me! this whole journey is throwing me for a whirlwind in a great way!!!

i'm still super new to the all the RX muscle stuff so bear with me as i try figuring it all out!!

But sincerely, Thank you!
    xoxo

Hey Darrian, send Gail (the Prodigy) a message and she will change your title from "pencilneck" to "IFBB Pro".
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    Hey Darrian, send Gail (the Prodigy) a message and she will change your title from "pencilneck" to "IFBB Pro".
    Thanks girl!!! =)

Default Sunday Legzzzzz

Sunday Leg Day ~

Had an awesome leg workout yesterday! Going for volume!

Leg Ext ss w/ Seated Leg Curl - 3 Warm-up Sets - 20 - 25 reps

Leg Press Machine - 6 sets w/ PR on last set @ 360# - 25 Reps
    We do not have the standard 45 degree sled/plate load style machine /:
    But the machine press is actually quite nice, with a padded seat with low back protection.
    It also has a large footplate so you can do high, low, wide & narrow stance foot placements.
    The biggest difference is you push away/against the footplate to lift the weight (basically starting a rep
    "in the hole.") So for heavier weight Bossman assists me out of the hole to get a set going.

Hammer Strength Unilateral Leg Press ss w/ Isolated Barbell RDL (really focusing on glute/ham tie in) - 3 Sets - 20 - 28 Reps

Hammer Strength V-Squat - 3 Sets - 25 - 30 Reps

Burn Out Super Sets – Seated Calf w/Leg Ext w/ Seated Leg Curl – 3 Sets - Reps 35- 50 Calves/ 15 Ext/Curl

Congrats on the PR in training. BTW: I read what you wrote in Audreys log, 10 lbs gain for offseason is great I think. I usually gain 20-25 lbs and that is the "pain in the youknowwhere" I think the nice offseason gain is 14 lbs above the competition weight.
    ProNutriFit.com - personal online training and nutrition

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    Congrats on the PR in training. BTW: I read what you wrote in Audreys log, 10 lbs gain for offseason is great I think. I usually gain 20-25 lbs and that is the "pain in the youknowwhere" I think the nice offseason gain is 14 lbs above the competition weight.
    Thank you Lada! Yes...the gain is right in the "youknowhere" but also with the "girls" ~ A certain gentleman is happy with the gain, cause it makes me soft & cuddly again.

I agree! I'd like to stay with this weight, that way the next time I cut it is not a big a** struggle to lost it. And hopefully it will be enough to add a little more muscle for next season.

I keep hearing Gail (the Prodigy) & Kris Murrell's words in my head...something like..."You have to live with yourself for the other 8-9 months you are not in competition prep mode! So make sure you are happy and healthy...find that balance...etc."

So that being said...I actually skipped the physical gym last night for an outdoor Zumba class in 95 degree sun & heat! Talk about hotter than Hades cardio!!!...It was awesome!

Before I decided to compete at the end of last summer, I used to take all kinds of group cardio & fitness classes...like Zumba, Body Jam (another dance class), & Turbo Kick (kickboxing). Fun, energetic, and social. I have really missed taking those classes and working out with other people. As a bodybuilder I spend a lot...almost too much time on my own and stuck in my head...So to reestablish some balance and real joy i n my "off-season," I will be heading back to those classes at least a couple times a week! The picture below is my friend Kate, who is imho the best instructors in G.R.

Tonight however I am back at it with Bossman! Chest & cardio. I will try to remember to take some pics! Hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July If our weather holds it will be another beach day escape for me! ...after early morning leg training of course!

Peace!

Hot, sweaty, happy dancing Curvy Girl! A 2 bottle of aqua session!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by curvygirl; 07-03-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Sunday Leg Day ~

Had an awesome leg workout yesterday! Going for volume!

Leg Ext ss w/ Seated Leg Curl - 3 Warm-up Sets - 20 - 25 reps

Leg Press Machine - 6 sets w/ PR on last set @ 360# - 25 Reps
    We do not have the standard 45 degree sled/plate load style machine /:
    But the machine press is actually quite nice, with a padded seat with low back protection.
    It also has a large footplate so you can do high, low, wide & narrow stance foot placements.
    The biggest difference is you push away/against the footplate to lift the weight (basically starting a rep
    "in the hole.") So for heavier weight Bossman assists me out of the hole to get a set going.

Hammer Strength Unilateral Leg Press ss w/ Isolated Barbell RDL (really focusing on glute/ham tie in) - 3 Sets - 20 - 28 Reps

Hammer Strength V-Squat - 3 Sets - 25 - 30 Reps

Burn Out Super Sets – Seated Calf w/Leg Ext w/ Seated Leg Curl – 3 Sets - Reps 35- 50 Calves/ 15 Ext/Curl
    Every try putting your toes up on 5lb plates on the ground when doing RDL? Torches the insertions!!!

Thank you Lada! Yes...the gain is right in the "youknowhere" but also with the "girls" ~ A certain gentleman is happy with the gain, cause it makes me soft & cuddly again.

I agree! I'd like to stay with this weight, that way the next time I cut it is not a big a** struggle to lost it. And hopefully it will be enough to add a little more muscle for next season.

I keep hearing Gail (the Prodigy) & Kris Murrell's words in my head...something like..."You have to live with yourself for the other 8-9 months you are not in competition prep mode! So make sure you are happy and healthy...find that balance...etc."

So that being said...I actually skipped the physical gym last night for an outdoor Zumba class in 95 degree sun & heat! Talk about hotter than Hades cardio!!!...It was awesome!

Before I decided to compete at the end of last summer, I used to take all kinds of group cardio & fitness classes...like Zumba, Body Jam (another dance class), & Turbo Kick (kickboxing). Fun, energetic, and social. I have really missed taking those classes and working out with other people. As a bodybuilder I spend a lot...almost too much time on my own and stuck in my head...So to reestablish some balance and real joy i n my "off-season," I will be heading back to those classes at least a couple times a week! The picture below is my friend Kate, who is imho the best instructors in G.R.

Tonight however I am back at it with Bossman! Chest & cardio. I will try to remember to take some pics! Hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July If our weather holds it will be another beach day escape for me! ...after early morning leg training of course!

Peace!

Hot, sweaty, happy dancing Curvy Girl! A 2 bottle of aqua session!
    LOVE the pic! What is it about those cardio sessions that are all ramped up and leave you DRENCHED that are so Fantastic??!! LOVE EM!! You walk away just feeling so super charged!!

Happy Fourth! Have a good one mama!
    ~Lorrie ~ Mediocrity is NOT an option! ~

Default Smoldering Shoulders!

Our heatwave of 100 degree plus weather continued today! I sought respite in the air-conditioned chamber of iron & had a pretty good workout!

Shoulder Press - Smith Machine - 2 Warmup Sets, 4 Working Sets -PR* 2 Sets 155# - 12 Reps
    DB Shoulder Press - 4 Sets - 15-18 Reps
    DB Lateral Raises - 3 Sets
    Rear Delt Machine - 4 Sets
    High Cable Rope Row - 3 Sets

Curvy Girl & the StairMill have decided to begin a long term love/hate cardio affair ~ 30 minutes

Default Le-Le-Legs!

Meh! Yeah! I'm feeling meh! And a little "fluffy." Then again with everything else going on I've been under quite a bit of stress. It's any wonder I feel meh and have been eating too much! I'm thankful I recognize this. So it's time to tighten up the eating plan and I am sure I will feel much better for it!

I usually hit my legs twice a week, Sundays & Wednesdays. This week I will train my legs again tonight, a day sooner than usual. This is what we do to accommodate the Bossman! Gonna be careful though coz' I'm still a tad sore from Sunday!

Below was Sunday's volume workout with the usual suspects!:

Leg Ext/ Seated Leg Curls - 3 Sets Each - High Reps / Warm-Up
    Leg Press - 6 Sets - Pushed for a PR* on last set -380# - 30 Reps - I felt nauseous after this but stoked!
    Hammer V-Squat - 4 Sets - High Reps (+25)
    Hammer Uni Lateral Leg Press - 3 Sets - High Reps (+30)
    Burn Out Sets - Leg Ext/ Seated Leg Curl/ Calves

Tonight I plan to keep it simple with some 3 Way Squats (standard, sit-down & wide stance/plie), Romanian Deads, & a mixture of lunges. And of course some cardio...gotta keep the fluff under control!

What is it about those cardio sessions that are all ramped up and leave you DRENCHED that are so Fantastic??!! LOVE EM!
    I love them too! Lots of fun! And I love being around other people. I think it is motivating and we feed off of each other's energy. I always work harder!
    Missed my Monday class...so I will be back at it on Friday
    Last edited by curvygirl; 07-10-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AudreyFunk View Post
    Every try putting your toes up on 5lb plates on the ground when doing RDL? Torches the insertions!!!
    I put my toes up on blocks. Audrey's right...torches the insertions somethin' fierce!
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

Nice trainings for legs - you are hitting your lower body pretty hard I see
    ProNutriFit.com - personal online training and nutrition

Originally Posted by AudreyFunk
    I put my toes up on blocks. Audrey's right...torches the insertions somethin' fierce!
    I have not tried the plate elevation, but I surely will! RDL are one of my absolute favorites because I feel it hits the hams/glute tie in everytime!
    And I mos def FEEL it a couple days later!

Nice trainings for legs - you are hitting your lower body pretty hard I see
    Thank you Lada I just responded to your most recent post. Some of what Lorrie wrote to you really resonated with me. You will see I ended up skipping out on the gym last night. Too much personal stuff overwhelming me right now! But I am finding solace here, knowing we are ALL going through stuff. It's just life and the cycles that carry us through it. So after some rest and a little bit of "forum therapy" this morning I can settle down & focus on some work...and hit the gym later this evening for a chest workout & some cardio. All we can do is take things one day at a time.
    +x* ~ positivity, patience & quiet persistence

Life - Life - Life ! Sorry you are hitting some obstacles and challenges as well! Hitting the "pause" button is at times completely necessary to allow our spirits to rest and re-charge right along with our bodies! I'd venture to say every darn one of us gals have had those moments that you don't want to get into your training clothes and drive to the gym much less walk in to the dang place........... or the moments you MAKE yourself go and just have a sucky workout because your head is just not in it or even more so - your head is stuck somewhere else!! Give yourself permission to be HUMAN and process what you need to process in OR out of the gym..... via allowing yourself to breathe and be still.

We as competitors drive ourselves very hard on many levels and sometimes giving the finger to discipline feels good! LOL

Find your focus and when you go to the gym tonight - allow it to be your therapy - get ticked, get focussed, and allow yourself to work things through via the clanking plates and sweat dripping off of you! Envision that sweat being your stress and troubles melting out of you and leave it on the gym floor! The inner strength it takes to commit to this lifestyle carries forward and outward to all aspects of our lives and you will find mental and emotional strength and endurance to assist you with lifes challenges and obstacles but we have to get out of our own way at times to let it happen!

BREATHE - BREATHE - BREATHE!!

HUGE HUG!
    ~Lorrie ~ Mediocrity is NOT an option! ~

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I am trying to catch up on how everyone is doing. I am sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch right now. Try to stay positive by thinking about all of the great things in your life you have to be grateful for. Keep pushing forward and this too shall pass.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast