Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

my best suggestion would be to hire a coach...tsh is low so your thyroid is most likely not a problem...looks to me that your judging everything off of wieght...get off the scale and use the mirror...with your current cycle your most likely gaining muscle and lossing fat so the wieght thing is not the accurate way to look at things...

PENCILNECK

I am a female figure competitor and I need advice on what to do. I started using med and Winstrol about a year ago, mostly in my shoulders, bi's, tri's and back build and improve them.

The stuff that I get is from this guy that works with a lot of competitors and a few pros in the area. He makes a mixture called med, mine was a mix of equidex and honestly I am not sure what the other thing is called, all I know is it is from Brazil. I realize how dumb this was, but can anyone really say they know 100% what they are putting into their bodies at all times, where it was made or how it was mixed? It has syrup like consistency, but not quite as thick and it is painful, but it does work. I was supposed to use half a cc in each body part every 4 days. I got a lump one day on my side delt, I had gotten them before, but usually if you massage it, it will go away, and well this one didn't! I think it was because I was using a 5/8 inch needle and my muscles were getting bigger so the med was not getting in deep enough and caused a sist like bump. Ever since I have started using the one inch needle I haven't had a problem.

This lump has been there for quite a few months now, but I was in contest prep and it was not bothering me so I didn't take the time to work on it then. Now I am in the offseason and I want it gone, but I do not know what to do. I have been going to a deep tissue massage therapist every other week for an intensive session to try and break the lump up, I have tried ultra sounding it and the guy that sold it to me said that he can inject some bacterostatic water in it and that should break it up, but I do not know what to do! It is noticible when I lift my arm and even a bit when it is at rest. It is about the width of a quarter, it is hard, it does not hurt and if you push it moves around a bit, but I think it may be attached in a way to the muscle (maybe a ganglion cyst, not sure).

I understand that I put my trust into someone/something and I thought everything would be okay because there were top athletes in my sport in my area using the exact same stuff and it had never happened to them.

Besides this bump I have not had any other negative side effects from steriods, but I want to get advice on if anyone else has had a similar issue and what they did to take care of it? Injecting anything foreign into the body, whether it be steroids or even a flu shot can have negative side effects, but that is the risk some of us take. I am not saying it is right for everyone, but I am not ignoring the issue either. I am hard enough on myself and it was just an accident in the end. There are people who use stuff for years on end and never have a problem and then there is me who was not as lucky.

This has made me very depressed the last month and I am afraid to go to a doctor here because they will just want to cut it out and leave my shoulder scarred which could prevent me from competing and reaching my ultimate goal of winning my pro card. I have not taken anything in a month and a half and I definitely do not want to do that med again. I feel lost, my drive to reach my goals is starting to go down the drain and I feel like I have no one to help me. I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by seekingadvice View Post
    I am a female figure competitor and I need advice on what to do. I started using med and Winstrol about a year ago, mostly in my shoulders, bi's, tri's and back build and improve them.

The stuff that I get is from this guy that works with a lot of competitors and a few pros in the area. He makes a mixture called med, mine was a mix of equidex and honestly I am not sure what the other thing is called, all I know is it is from Brazil. I realize how dumb this was, but can anyone really say they know 100% what they are putting into their bodies at all times, where it was made or how it was mixed? It has syrup like consistency, but not quite as thick and it is painful, but it does work. I was supposed to use half a cc in each body part every 4 days. I got a lump one day on my side delt, I had gotten them before, but usually if you massage it, it will go away, and well this one didn't! I think it was because I was using a 5/8 inch needle and my muscles were getting bigger so the med was not getting in deep enough and caused a sist like bump. Ever since I have started using the one inch needle I haven't had a problem.

This lump has been there for quite a few months now, but I was in contest prep and it was not bothering me so I didn't take the time to work on it then. Now I am in the offseason and I want it gone, but I do not know what to do. I have been going to a deep tissue massage therapist every other week for an intensive session to try and break the lump up, I have tried ultra sounding it and the guy that sold it to me said that he can inject some bacterostatic water in it and that should break it up, but I do not know what to do! It is noticible when I lift my arm and even a bit when it is at rest. It is about the width of a quarter, it is hard, it does not hurt and if you push it moves around a bit, but I think it may be attached in a way to the muscle (maybe a ganglion cyst, not sure).

I understand that I put my trust into someone/something and I thought everything would be okay because there were top athletes in my sport in my area using the exact same stuff and it had never happened to them.

Besides this bump I have not had any other negative side effects from steriods, but I want to get advice on if anyone else has had a similar issue and what they did to take care of it? Injecting anything foreign into the body, whether it be steroids or even a flu shot can have negative side effects, but that is the risk some of us take. I am not saying it is right for everyone, but I am not ignoring the issue either. I am hard enough on myself and it was just an accident in the end. There are people who use stuff for years on end and never have a problem and then there is me who was not as lucky.

This has made me very depressed the last month and I am afraid to go to a doctor here because they will just want to cut it out and leave my shoulder scarred which could prevent me from competing and reaching my ultimate goal of winning my pro card. I have not taken anything in a month and a half and I definitely do not want to do that med again. I feel lost, my drive to reach my goals is starting to go down the drain and I feel like I have no one to help me. I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you
    ok..first thing..i need for you to find out what the other compound is...and yes i know for 100% sure what goes in me...i can speculate what the compound causing the lump is but wont...if it hasnt gone away in a month then it may have to be removed not sure yet...dont let this guy inject you or inject anything he "mixes" again....please be very cautious of guys who like to inject you with majic stuff that all the top people use...this is a huge red flag...that he's either a dealer or wants to get in your pants or both...

Quote Originally Posted by s2h View Post
    ok..first thing..i need for you to find out what the other compound is...and yes i know for 100% sure what goes in me...i can speculate what the compound causing the lump is but wont...if it hasnt gone away in a month then it may have to be removed not sure yet...dont let this guy inject you or inject anything he "mixes" again....please be very cautious of guys who like to inject you with majic stuff that all the top people use...this is a huge red flag...that he's either a dealer or wants to get in your pants or both...

FWIW I've never heard of "med" so can't even begin to guess what it is.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

How many months has the lump been there?
    How big is it?
    Describe it in your own words. (don't try and get technical just describe the sucker)
    Has it changed at all over those months? (ie bigger smaller, pain, hot, red etc etc)
    Are you on any other medications?
    Do you have any allergies?
    Do you have any other medical conditions?
    Have you asked the man who gave it to you for feedback? If so what was his feedback?

You do need to get in contact with him and find out exactly whats in it. Oil type, substance ratio etc. (somehow I feel he won't give it to you)

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    FWIW I've never heard of "med" so can't even begin to guess what it is.
    me either...sounds like a homebrew name he made up...

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    How many months has the lump been there?
    How big is it?
    Describe it in your own words. (don't try and get technical just describe the sucker)
    Has it changed at all over those months? (ie bigger smaller, pain, hot, red etc etc)
    Are you on any other medications?
    Do you have any allergies?
    Do you have any other medical conditions?
    Have you asked the man who gave it to you for feedback? If so what was his feedback?

You do need to get in contact with him and find out exactly whats in it. Oil type, substance ratio etc. (somehow I feel he won't give it to you)
    The lump has been there for about 4 months or so.

It is about the width of a quarter and raised maybe about a quarter of an inch.

It is a hard bump that I can squeeze on eah side and it moves around a bit, almost like if the skin was not covering it I would grab the sides and pull it off. It is not painful, red or irritated.

No, it has not changed over the past few months. The only time it changes is when i get a deep tissue massage, the area gets a little swollen from having my shoulder focused on in massage for thirty min straight. When I ultrasound it, it goes down in size for a while from pressing on it, but it is pretty much the same since it happened.

No I am not on any other medications.

The only allergies I have is to pollen, oak trees and some grasses.

No I do not have any other medical conditions.

It is a mix that he makes different in strength for each of his bodybuilders depending on their goals, I think it is oil based and I would ask him, but he is at the Nationals with a few of his bodybuilders and I know he will not get back to me. (I will say this, he has been shady at times and no I can't trust him, I know that now, but I didn't back then. I just knew of the people he had worked with and the results that they got, so I thought I would be okay-once again my ignorance)

Well like s2h said she knows 100% what goes into her body, I guess that is where I let my ignorance being my first time doing this come into play. I got it from a trainer I have known off and on for the past ten years that works with a lot of bodybuilders in my area. No one at my gym competes so it is not like I had a ton of sources to go to, it was my first year at the national level, for my height I needed more mass and I wanted to do well, which I did, but I ended up with a lump from it. All excuses and stupidity on my part for using something I did not know more about, but whats done is done and I am hard enough on myself.

first. relax. it sounds and looks scary. I get it, but really, it will be fine.

what assumedly happened is that since you are using a short needle, you didnt get all or most of the drug into the muscle. so, it is sitting under the skin. your body tried to fight it like it would any other invasive creature. I wont go into detail about that, but rather, cut to the chase...

your body built a "wall" around the problem to keep it from becoming more invasive to the rest of your body. its called an encapsulated cyst. a cyst can be formed from nearly anything, but the lipids in the oil base of your drug made it easy for your body to wall it off.

go see your doctor. tell the doctor that the conversation is "off the record" and tell him/her the truth. ask for a referral to a general surgeon to have it excised. the incision will be crescent shaped, very unnoticable and will keep you from training upper body for a week or so. really, its no big deal. you do not need to see a plastic surgeon. it will only take longer to get in to see one. get this taken care of now. the wall can rupture and WILL cause an infection making this whole thing a bigger problem.

I wont lecture you about buying a trainers homebrew. find a new source. always no what you are putting in your body, to the best of your ability.

please keep us up to date with what happens. good luck....

PENCILNECK

Kind of hard to tell when I have my comp tan, but here is a picture of my shoulder...

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
    first. relax. it sounds and looks scary. I get it, but really, it will be fine.

what assumedly happened is that since you are using a short needle, you didnt get all or most of the drug into the muscle. so, it is sitting under the skin. your body tried to fight it like it would any other invasive creature. I wont go into detail about that, but rather, cut to the chase...

your body built a "wall" around the problem to keep it from becoming more invasive to the rest of your body. its called an encapsulated cyst. a cyst can be formed from nearly anything, but the lipids in the oil base of your drug made it easy for your body to wall it off.

go see your doctor. tell the doctor that the conversation is "off the record" and tell him/her the truth. ask for a referral to a general surgeon to have it excised. the incision will be crescent shaped, very unnoticable and will keep you from training upper body for a week or so. really, its no big deal. you do not need to see a plastic surgeon. it will only take longer to get in to see one. get this taken care of now. the wall can rupture and WILL cause an infection making this whole thing a bigger problem.

I wont lecture you about buying a trainers homebrew. find a new source. always no what you are putting in your body, to the best of your ability.

please keep us up to date with what happens. good luck....
    Thank you for the information. Through research I kind of had a feeling it was a cyst of some type. Do you know if there is any other way to get it removed than being excised? Do you know if I tell the doctor what really caused it if the surgery to have it removed will be covered by insurance (I am not sure how that works so I thought I would ask)? I don't have a regualr PCP, because I am healthy I haven't been to see a doctor in years. I guess I will have to find one on Monday and try to make an appointment as soon as I can because I do not want anything worse to happen with it. I am worried to trust a doctor about this stuff, but I guess I have to. I know you said the incision would just be small and crescent shaped, but I am also worried the surgeon will rip open my shoulder and I will have a huge scar and a dent instead of a lump. I guess these are all just fears and I have to communicate with the doctors exactly what I want to happen.

I will let you all know what happens, but I will not use that stuff again. I am thinking after all of this maybe it is a sign that I should just go all natural again and what ever happens, happens in my competitive goals. I really want to be one of the top figure pros one day and I feel like I possibly could get there in the next couple of years, but I guess I have to ask myself is it really worth it?

first, find a PCP through your insurance company. find someone in sports medicine if possible. my PCP is a family practitioner who is also a triathlete, so I knew he would understand my compeitive drive.
    second, go in with the intent of a physical, which you should be having anyway. once you are done with the nicey nice stuff, tell the doc you have something you would like to talk to the doctor about off the record. when they sa OK, simply tell them you had been using an injectable anabolic agent and after X amount of time, developed this cyst at an injection point. when they ask what were you using, simply say that you would rather not say. ask for a referral to a general or plastic surgeon to have it removed because recently ithas been causing you pain. you now have indicted through privacy what you did without being specific and you now have symptomology that will get you your referral to have it removed. your insurer will not deny it because it is documented as "causing you pain."

trust me, no one is ripping anything. they will lay you down in a regular office, drape your shoulder, numb the area and make a small crescent shape incision under the cyst. the incision will be half the width of the actual cyst. sew you up, dress it, kiss you on the forehead and send you on your way.

if you need help finding a doc in your area, send me a PM with the city you are in and I will help you locate one.

BTW, ask them to do bloodwork as well.
    complete blood count, chemistries (includes liver and kidney function) and a female hormone panel.

Quote Originally Posted by seekingadvice View Post
    Thank you for the information. Through research I kind of had a feeling it was a cyst of some type. Do you know if there is any other way to get it removed than being excised? Do you know if I tell the doctor what really caused it if the surgery to have it removed will be covered by insurance (I am not sure how that works so I thought I would ask)? I don't have a regualr PCP, because I am healthy I haven't been to see a doctor in years. I guess I will have to find one on Monday and try to make an appointment as soon as I can because I do not want anything worse to happen with it. I am worried to trust a doctor about this stuff, but I guess I have to. I know you said the incision would just be small and crescent shaped, but I am also worried the surgeon will rip open my shoulder and I will have a huge scar and a dent instead of a lump. I guess these are all just fears and I have to communicate with the doctors exactly what I want to happen.

I will let you all know what happens, but I will not use that stuff again. I am thinking after all of this maybe it is a sign that I should just go all natural again and what ever happens, happens in my competitive goals. I really want to be one of the top figure pros one day and I feel like I possibly could get there in the next couple of years, but I guess I have to ask myself is it really worth it?
    there are HIPA laws that prevent your doctor from releasing or discussing your situation...these are enforced and abided by in the medical field...your situation though very alarming and worriesome to you...isnt that big of a deal to a physican that see's 100's of peps a week....attilia's suggetions are spot on...PCP then a refferal so your insurance covers it all...dont worry neither one of us would inject you w/ some crap like that...so were not gonna give ya bad medical treatment advice...good luck and let me know how it goes...

Everything about you that your Dr see goes into your medical file. Medical files are being linked nowadays. I personally would not admit to a Dr about steriod use. Better to say it was a b12 injection.

Quote Originally Posted by mshrdbdy View Post
    A girlfriend of mine wants to try DNP. I was curious if anyone has tried it before. If so did you like or dislike it? Side effects?
    DNP is so scarey even people who write about drugs are wary of profiling it because they don't want to encourage its use.
    The health risks involved are not worth the risk and the same results can be obtained by using other 'safer' chemicals.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast