Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by newgoal300 View Post
    stay away from that shit, im 34yr old male and have the start of cataracts from the stuff, burnt fat like crazy but ill pay later in life due to it! so it wasn't worth it
    Damn 34 with cataracts. Wow. I've never heard anyone that young get cataracts.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
    first, find a PCP through your insurance company. find someone in sports medicine if possible. my PCP is a family practitioner who is also a triathlete, so I knew he would understand my compeitive drive.
    second, go in with the intent of a physical, which you should be having anyway. once you are done with the nicey nice stuff, tell the doc you have something you would like to talk to the doctor about off the record. when they sa OK, simply tell them you had been using an injectable anabolic agent and after X amount of time, developed this cyst at an injection point. when they ask what were you using, simply say that you would rather not say. ask for a referral to a general or plastic surgeon to have it removed because recently ithas been causing you pain. you now have indicted through privacy what you did without being specific and you now have symptomology that will get you your referral to have it removed. your insurer will not deny it because it is documented as "causing you pain."

trust me, no one is ripping anything. they will lay you down in a regular office, drape your shoulder, numb the area and make a small crescent shape incision under the cyst. the incision will be half the width of the actual cyst. sew you up, dress it, kiss you on the forehead and send you on your way.

if you need help finding a doc in your area, send me a PM with the city you are in and I will help you locate one.
    i disagree about admitiing to using a anabolic agent, if it somehow gets to your insurance company they will drop you. it happened to my brother even though the dr agreed it was "off the record"! my brother contacted a lawyer and nothing could be done because my brother was breaking the law and risking injurying himself they said. so the dr by law was required to notify them.
    i had a abcess drained from my glute once and i, "backed into a nail in the crawl space of my house", get it? there's other ways to go about this, but yes see a dr with a good story and tell them it's causing you pain and they will take care of it. it will be a minor in office proceedure, and be sure to let them know your expected outcome as far as scarring and such is concerned and find a dr that can do the job the way you want it done. it shouldnt be a big deal....

Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
    still not a guarantee that he/she wont write something in the medical record. however, you can request a copy of your medical records, have an attorney draw up a letter explaining that the information was given in confidence of which the physician breached. most physicians will black line the offending remarks and update the record if it ever came to that. chances are, it never ever will. not worth their time.
    i agree whole heartedly with atilla but why take the risk when it can be explained in another way?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibarramedia View Post
    Damn 34 with cataracts. Wow. I've never heard anyone that young get cataracts.
    exactly the eye dr was shocked, and then when i did some more research i found that to be a side effect of dnp exposure....

stay away from that shit, im 34yr old male and have the start of cataracts from the stuff, burnt fat like crazy but ill pay later in life due to it! so it wasn't worth it

Seriously? As I recall the studies they did in the 30s noted a few cases of cataracts, but only in women. Granted who knows how stringent these studies were back then. I feel like saying that's a pretty giant leap to draw the conclusion that it was DNP use that produced cataracts. Did you eliminate any other possible source?

But FWIW here's a whole bunch of refs on this topic.

http://www.google.com/search?q=DNP+s...rlz=1I7PCTC_en

I don't know that anyone can really say "for sure" how safe or unsafe it is. We know things like it beats the crap out of your system while you're running it, it spikes your CNS so you have a helluva time sleeping, you'll sweat like crazy (though your actual core body temp isn't getting raised- just surface temp), and it dehydrates you (thus you shouldn't couple it w/ things like recreational drugs like ecstasy that further dehydrate you and can cause death .. ref: Perin).

Quote Originally Posted by mshrdbdy View Post
    A girlfriend of mine wants to try DNP. I was curious if anyone has tried it before. If so did you like or dislike it? Side effects?
    Practically speaking, you reall need to know wtf you're doing if you want to play w/ any of this stuff - its all self-medication and your own personal experiment. For the stress it puts on your body it would seem that in the same time you could achieve similar results w/ diet, training & cardio. During the cycle you're sort of not very functional - you feel like shit, some people get sort of low-grade fevers and generally feel sick, tired but can't sleep, can't do any sort of fast / heavy exertion w/o getting winded, etc. The cycle is then followed by a week or so of water retention.

I always worry when women hear about this stuff and will be willing to put it in their bodies before they'd spend the time & effort to commit to a simple, clean diet w/ some consistent cardio. I don't know anything about your friend, but this is a pretty accurate generalization.... Even w/ DNP, no quickly fixes - ain't nothing for free.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

i disagree about admitiing to using a anabolic agent, if it somehow gets to your insurance company they will drop you. it happened to my brother even though the dr agreed it was "off the record"! my brother contacted a lawyer and nothing could be done because my brother was breaking the law and risking injurying himself they said. so the dr by law was required to notify them.
    i had a abcess drained from my glute once and i, "backed into a nail in the crawl space of my house", get it? there's other ways to go about this, but yes see a dr with a good story and tell them it's causing you pain and they will take care of it. it will be a minor in office proceedure, and be sure to let them know your expected outcome as far as scarring and such is concerned and find a dr that can do the job the way you want it done. it shouldnt be a big deal....
    oh, I get it... but establishing an understanding relationship with your physician is paramount to using AAS in the first place, and, having a baseline understanding should something go wrong later on. my example, how are you explaining cataracts or are you lying about them too? if schedule 4 recreational drug users can be guaranteed insurance coverage due to addiction, so can AAS users. and the attorney you spoke of made a grave error in his/her approach to have the medical record expunged.

It is unfortunate but everyone is still in search of the miracle quick fix be it via a drug or surgery (yes..I have even heard of bb's going for lipo!).

DNP is an explosive....duh....that should tell you SOMETHING!!!!!

PENCILNECK

Well I found another PCP and this time I let them give the diagnosis. They said it looked like a lipoma (fatty tumor) and referred me to a Cosmetic Dermatologist. After thinking about it I decided to call some Plastic Surgeons that were covered under my insurance plan. As long as there is a medical indication for the removal (pain) then it can be removed and covered by my insurance.

I have an appt with the plastic surgeon on Monday and I want to see what he says in the consultation. I still kept my appointment with the Cosmetic Dermatologist next Friday, but I want to make sure I get this removed by someone that will not leave a bad scar or indentation and a dermatologist just doesn't seem like the way to go when someone will be cutting into my shoulder working with nerves, tissues and muscle.

My brother had cysts (from natural reasons) removed before the one on his head was from a plastic surgeon and turned out good, but the two on his back had a pretty bad scar and that was just done by a general surgeon.

After all of this I am not sure where I am going to take my competitive season next year. I was so close to winning my pro card I fear if I do not continue use that my body will look different and next year I will come back natural and everyone will be thinking what happened to her? Or do I go natural, slim down and fall into bikini? I would have a lot of muscle and weight loss to go to get to that point and I am not sure I have that sass personality some of those girls bring (which I do not like personally)! I don't mind bikini and having a physique that one can maintain more naturally year round, but I could never shake my ass on stage!

I will let you all know how things go. Thank you all for your help on this issue. I know a lot of you think I am dumb/ignorant for not knowing exactly what I put into my body and I agree with you, but I just didn't know who to trust when it came to using illegal drugs, so I trusted people that were doing the same things and were fine. I have been in a depression mode from this and I hope once I get it removed I can clear my head and move forward in this sport which ever way I decide to go because I love to train hard and be up on stage.

Procard in BBing? Might wanna wait to see how the competitive thing works out this year with the new classes. Good luck with your....thing.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Procard in BBing? Might wanna wait to see how the competitive thing works out this year with the new classes. Good luck with your....thing.

No, pro card in figure. I have been keeping up with all of this division changes as well (craziness/drama) and I am not sure if my physique would fall into this new womens physique division, even though I have been told by a few that I am a little harder than some figure girls. Hmm...I guess we will have to wait until the official word. Thanks and as soon as I have this lump removed I can go forward with a clear head and make a decision for next year.

Being "slightly" hard on yourself girl..... take it in stride, correct the error, do NOT repeat, and move on! Yes, you played a dangerous gamble...we ALL make mistakes and wrong choices at some point then have to kick our own asses after for our stupidity and poor judgement....that's life!

Some of us are guilty of wanting something so bad that we let it fog our judgement as well...... live and learn....be thankful a small shoulder lump is the worse that you have to deal with, get it removed, heal up and move on.

Also, a "small" scar is not a big deal...I for example have tummy stretch marks that bug the holy crap out of me and I'm very self conscious about.........BUT, they are more noticeable to me than anyone else and once tanned up and under lights, they aren't even that noticeable and certainly not judged for having them....

Bottom line - it is your total Physique Package you bring to the stage that will indicate your placing - not a little scar (if there even is one) 0n your shoulder! Hek, we all have scars and marks from childhood on up - we play hard, we work hard, we train hard, .......... normal and not a big deal.

Pat yourself on the back instead of beating yourself up for recognizing your error, now correcting it, and pass your knowledge on to others about not knowing what they are putting in their bodies!

It's ok!
    ~Lorrie~

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by PFEPerformance View Post
    Being "slightly" hard on yourself girl..... take it in stride, correct the error, do NOT repeat, and move on! Yes, you played a dangerous gamble...we ALL make mistakes and wrong choices at some point then have to kick our own asses after for our stupidity and poor judgement....that's life!

Some of us are guilty of wanting something so bad that we let it fog our judgement as well...... live and learn....be thankful a small shoulder lump is the worse that you have to deal with, get it removed, heal up and move on.

Also, a "small" scar is not a big deal...I for example have tummy stretch marks that bug the holy crap out of me and I'm very self conscious about.........BUT, they are more noticeable to me than anyone else and once tanned up and under lights, they aren't even that noticeable and certainly not judged for having them....

Bottom line - it is your total Physique Package you bring to the stage that will indicate your placing - not a little scar (if there even is one) 0n your shoulder! Hek, we all have scars and marks from childhood on up - we play hard, we work hard, we train hard, .......... normal and not a big deal.

Pat yourself on the back instead of beating yourself up for recognizing your error, now correcting it, and pass your knowledge on to others about not knowing what they are putting in their bodies!

It's ok!
    ~Lorrie~
    Thanks Lorrie! You are so right. I am pretty hard on myself, which in turns brings me down (depressed + off season=no good for my mind or my body). I have felt stuck this past month and a half trying to figure out what to do about this lump. it is time for me to stop playing the vitcim role, take control of my happiness, take care of this thing and move on. I am so much stronger than this!

PENCILNECK

Default andriol

hi to all of you

what do you think about andriol and its effects on females?
    do you think that 3 caps/day works fine on female?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baba007fr View Post
    hi to all of you

what do you think about andriol and its effects on females?
    do you think that 3 caps/day works fine on female?

thanks
    Practically speaking, I don't think I've ever come across any women who have used this. Any oral is toxic to your liver, and esp in large doses, so that's the first thing that comes to mind.

Given this poster has only posted 1 item on RX, I'm guessing he/she is not coming back - given we don't know anything about the person's goals and cycling history, I'm just going to say no.

From steroid.com:

Andriol for Women

In this study, done with women, it even displayed no ability to lower LH and FSH (Leutenizing Hormone and Follicle Stimulating Hormone, respectively), which are the hormones that tell your body to make more testosterone (11). I doubt Andriol could be properly regarded as liver toxic or too damaging to your HPTA (Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Testicular-Axis, the thing that governs your body´s production of testosterone, among other things). at any kind of reasonable (or even excessive) dose. Actually, one study noted no adverse reactions or effects at all with the use of Andriol (10). As for your lipid profile and cholesterol, it has even been shown to have beneficial effects on them (14)!
    So, putting some Testosterone Undecanoate in Gel Caps is what the scientists at Organon have done with their Andriol product, and it all looks good so far, right? The active steroid totally bypasses your liver and hence doesn´t get damaged by or damage your liver, and gets a bunch of Testosterone into your body. Great! But what happens next? Well, after the lymphatic system has brought the testosterone undecanoate into circulation in your body, the undecanoate ester begins to be removed. This would leave you with (roughly) 25mgs of testosterone in your blood stream, as the decanoate ester takes up a lot of "space" and the cap only contains a total of 40mgs of testosterone undecanoate (roughly 15mgs of which are ester). The end results from Andriol would be very similar to the end result of injecting almost any form of testosterone (4), once your body removes the ester. But remember, you´d never inject 25mgs of testosterone suspension and call it a day, but that´s exactly what you are doing when you take only one Andriol cap.
    So now you have 25mgs of testosterone floating around in your body. That´s not much, so if you´re realistically considering using this product, you´ll need to take quite a few caps of this it. And there´s one of the first problems we encounter with this drug. You see, the method of administration of this drug provides us with a nice liver-safe product, but this stuff will peak your testosterone levels within around 2 hours after administration, and will only remain (at least slightly) elevated for 10 or so hours(1). Ideally, you´d be taking a capsule every 2 hours, which is inconvenient to say the least. Let´s be generous and say you can simply take one every 4 hours. Problem solved? Not really, because we´re going to need to take at least 2 caps with each dose if we want to see any sort of anabolic effect, and if we´re taking it every 4 hours (assuming we´re awake for 16hrs every day), then we´ll be taking around 8 caps per day. Now we´ve shifted the problem away from the effort needed to take an effective does to being a problem with economics.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

actually andriol is one oral that isnt very liver toxic..it is reabsorbed thru the intestines..it is very low as far as a aromitization...downsides to andriol for women are it can cause excessive virilization...deeping of the voice and facial hair are common..biggest thing its very expensive..var is a much better choice...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast