Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by partsRheavy View Post
    There is some natural deepening of the voice that happens as most women age. I notice that the time that happens is really variable with different people but seems to usually happen in women's 40s or 50s, and is dependent on habits like smoking.

Having little talent in music (bombed out of choir as a kid), I have only amateur observations, but here goes...

I notice that female rock DJ's often have deep voices. Usually if there's a female DJ on an album-oriented station, she has a deep voice. (Whereas Top40 or Adult Contemporary the voice is more high-pitched).

I've heard deep voiced female DJ's on several album-oriented rock stations both in the Southeast and in California years ago. I usually just attribute that to either voice training for a "sexy" voice or to too much smoking, drinking and partying. But who knows, maybe these rock dj's are juicing to get that Rock'n'Roll sound?!?

Another gal in radio who has a _slightly_ deep voice is digital diva Kim Komando. News anchor Connie Chung's voice is medium-deep.

By contrast, Dr. Laura and women in commercials usually have high-pitched voices.

I definitely believe that voice quality is a major issue for any younger woman, and for women who sing or communicate on the job and with the public a lot. It's sort of tied in with image and the type of job or social role someone has. In other words, the preacher's wife might be very concerned about maintaining a modulated soprano voice, whereas a warehouse worker might be a little more casual in her attitude toward her voice.

Obviously any woman even contemplating steroids needs to think about how she uses her voice and what she would think if it were deeper than the usual.
    You have a very good point about voices and aging. You can usually tell if a woman is in a certain age group just by her voice.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

The Fitness View Carolyn Bryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    At what point is "erosion" considered "eroded" vs not sure how you'd describe... "affected"? I'm curious, for ex, if a singer who can hit good quality high notes, does one non-aggressive round of primo and never again. Are the vocal chords eroded? I.e. would this person show impaired ability to hit good quality high notes forever more? This is what you hear about 1-time winny cycles -- the voice is affected, even if the more blatant frogginess, etc. goes back to "normal" when the DHT presence clears. It is possible that the measureable degrees of 'erosion' are only more apparent, even after small amounts, in the extreme use of voice, such as hitting good quality high notes?
    Well, I am an ex-singer and I can't hold a note now. It is the saddest thing ever. I have no volume so screaming is out of the question. I cannot pinpoint what caused it because GERD will do it. Danazol will do it. Smoking crack and marijuana will do it. (Whitney Houston) I was reporting what the doctor said to me and all reports about even moderate damage to the vocal cords cannot be repaired.

MUSCLEHEAD

Well I've listened to a lot of interviews with FBBs over the last 3 months and one of the first things I immediately noticed was the voices being pitched lower than I'm used to. Could be that BBing attracts women with lower voices.

You've heard mine on the waxing video. That's my natural real voice. Imagine how deep it would be if I did something that would alter it.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

Just curious, the one side effect that I have wondered about is the enlarged clit. Do you ladies find that you get off easier now than you did before. I'm not trying to give girls that haven't jumped into this a reason to, but I'm wondering if this is a good side effect or not.

Sorry for butting into you thread ladies, but it seemed like it kind of fit into your discussion of sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Jello View Post
    Just curious, the one side effect that I have wondered about is the enlarged clit. Do you ladies find that you get off easier now than you did before. I'm not trying to give girls that haven't jumped into this a reason to, but I'm wondering if this is a good side effect or not.

Sorry for butting into you thread ladies, but it seemed like it kind of fit into your discussion of sides.
    http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=7224

Thank you for staying respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=7224

Well that about summed it up didn't it

I figured it would come up eventually but I missed that thread.

Thank you for staying respectful.
    I have no problems with people, men or women, trying to better themselves in their own mirror. Whatever that may take to achieve is no different than someone going to the doctor to get the look they want, it's just another avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Bryant View Post
    You should stop giving out bad info. Once the vocal cords are eroded that damage is permanent. The severity of the erosion varies.

More FYI...
    Dr. Redmond and others believe that excess androgens are a far more pressing health problem than their diminution. By far, the bulk of the new research is focused on disorders that arise when a woman's body generates too much testosterone, resulting in everything from cosmetic problems like acne, balding and the growth of facial hair so abundant that the woman must shave twice a day to more severe complications like infertility, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and cancer of the uterus. Even some cases of breast cancer, a disease normally associated with too much estrogen, may in fact be the result of excess testosterone, several experts said, although the data on this remain sketchy.
    Researchers said the incidence of androgen disorders in women has been grossly underestimated, and that as many as 15 to 30 percent of all women may have problems caused by the overproduction of testosterone, an excessive sensitivity to the influence of circulating androgens, or both. They suggest that doctors should be on the lookout for women -- and even young girls -- who may be suffering from excess androgen secretion, so that the patients can be treated early enough to prevent the onset of serious and possibly fatal complications of a lifetime of androgen overdosing.

This is about polycystic ovaries or (adult onset) congenital adrenal hyperplasia, not women who use cycles of steroids.

Some of it may be applicable, but it isn't about anabolic steroid use.

Also, please include a link to your information, it is helpful for those who would like to read more.

anonymous....

I did anavar a couple of times in the last year. First cycle was while dieting. Used 10 mg. Second, was because I liked the effects and how I felt the first time so I wanted to try it while I wasn't dieting. Third time, same as the second but I increased the dose to see what would happen (10mg 2xED). While on anvar....Muscle got harder. The second and third time I think I may have actually put on some decent (for a woman) size. I can see a difference in the mirror but did not have bodyfat or lean body mass figured out. Sides were minimal. Increased libido, clitoral sensitivity and clitoral swelling...every time I was on. As soon as I went off all sides disappeared. Back on, they came back. I did like the increased dose and would run that again. I loved the way I felt on anavar.

This year decided to try primobolan enanthate. Had to learn to inject. Wasn't hard after the first time. I decided to run 50mg to see what would happen. I also had a bodyfat/lean mass test done beforehand so I'd better be able to measure the results. I'm currently in week 8 of a 12 week bulk cycle. Strength is up, look good in the mirror. Sides include increased body and facial hair, increased libido but not any more than with anavar, increased oiliness to my skin with minor breakouts over my shoulders. Also, I have dandruff now from an oily scalp. I changed shampoos and wash my hair every day and it's under control. I did shed a lot the first 4 weeks but thats seems to have tapered off. I'll let you know the results when the cycle is finished.

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

what was this lisa?
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123