A round up of Contest Prep from last year:

PreJudging:

This was an amazing experience because I learned a lot about my body, lets get to the crazy story before I actually got on stage.

Started the day with 2 meals of 4oz Filet and 10oz Sweet Potato with 3 TBSP of Almond Butter, i slowly started to fill out, and i was drinking more water than last prep, i had about 1/2-3/4 gallon all the way up until the stage and felt very good the entire time. Getting to the venue I got a touch up (3rd coat of Liquid Sun Rays) and my coloring was the best it has ever looked hands down. So i cannot complain about my coloring. The show moved slower than expected because the masters went first (35,40,50,60,70) Shelby Starnes made an appearance and competed and should take the 35's, John Meadows was RIPPED To shreds and should take the 40's but it will be close.

Last year I was very light on my food during the show i had a few rice cakes last year very scared of being spilled, this year Jason said be aggressive and that i did. From arriving on the scene at the venue. After the 2 Steak/SP + AB meals. I ended up going through 12 Rice Cakes with peanut Butter, I had 3 cupcakes before going on stage (mini gourmet cupcakes) and i was as vascular and full as I have ever been. I even put honey on the rice cakes to get some extra carbs in me because carbs suit me very well. I had a buddy there (MattyH) off the forums look at me every hour to see how i was doing. and it was clear i was coming in my best and slowly filling out. I never realized that i was selling myself short but wow it took a lot to fill me out because i was flat in the morning no question. I may have had too little the day before but i woke up at 154 this morning and was 152 the day before (friday morning).

Then the crazy thing happened. A guy in the 70's passed out on stage under the lights and the show was delayed 40 minutes. So after I got all pumped up, got my glaze on and hit those cupcakes right before the stage We had to wait for 40 minutes. Literally killing my glaze, kllling my pump, but it happens and life goes on.

Getting on stage. There was little movement, one guy moved the entire time we were up there for the mandatories. I hit my poses and hit them very well, but the judges did not lie. Palumbo had two guys placed 1 and 2 near the center and here are the pictures with me being on the far right.

All the judges had said to me the following:
- Hands down best color on stage
- Overall best leg size and symmetry with conditioning.

Knowing that I made those improvements and improved my coloring from last year was a major win, not to mention I came in 10 pounds heavier this year and looked leaner than i did last go around. I dont know where I am going to place, but a lot of people told me 3 and possibly 4th. Regardless I have made major improvements but its sad I really wanted to do better or hope to do better but lets see what happens. I have made improvements so i cannot hang my head, but i followed Jason's Plan to a T and had a little extra because i was backstage from 9 a.m. till 11:30 and had 12 rice cakes + PB + Honey + 3 cupcakes before going on stage (mini bite size ones) and got into my best shape, posed my best, and looked my best. Cannot complain.