RX MEMBER

Default Will my 3 UGL Test E shots (over an 8 day period) affect TRT bloodwork 9 days later?

Dr -
    I have a question - or I should say a few questions. I'm not certain if you respond to questions about deca and other compounds here it goes.

It's a long story but I didn't think I would be able to get TRT from a Dr and I started on my own doing 3 shots - here is what I did:

What happened was I went for a blood test with my endo about 3 weeks ago and never heard anything back. The feeling I got from her was she felt I was not really a good canidate for TRT. Well I didn't hear back from her after the test for 3 weeks so I assumed my test level came back high since I went off the androgel 2 days before the blood test. I was started on the androgel by the PA who referred me to this endo about 3 months ago.
    Well Thursday 8/16 I started my own TRT since I was not feeling any benefit with the gel. Still tired and unfocused. I did a 200 mg shot of test e and 150 mg of deca - I repeated this in Sunday the 19th and Thursday the 23rd with the slight change of less Test e more like 150mg fo the last 2 shots coupled with 150 mg of deca. Well Thursday 8/23 I get a call in the late afternoon from my endo saying she would like to see me to discuss the results of my blood work from 3 -4 weeks ago. This is after i took my Thursday shot of test e / deca. So I go in Friday am 8/24 to the endo and my test came back so low that she wanted me to up my androgel to 4 -5 pumps a day. I talked her into shots and she gave my my first test cyp shot that day the 24th - i will be on an every other week dose to start. She wanted me to come back in for a blood test 1 week after this 1st shot which would be Fri 8/31. I think my results will come back real high cause of the 3 test e / deca shots I also did over the previous 8 days with UGL compounds.
    I know I'll need @ least 3 weeks to let the UGL test E clear out before the test (I want an accurate reading so I can get the script for every week shot of test cyp - pharm grade) so I plan on going in for the blood test 1 week after the next shot which will put me @ 22 days after my last UGL test /deca shot. I'll have to get out of this apt coming up this Friday.
    My question is can I continue with the 300 mg of deca and NOT affect my test in 3 weeks? I want to stay on for joint pain relief. I will also be safe with using Test Prop for those 3 weeks and stopping 5 days before the test.
    So will deca drive my testoserone up or would i be cool just staying on it? From what I have been reading it looks like no it will not drive my test up. Just looking on some confirmation on that and also that 3 weeks off a long ester test like Test E will be out of my system and will not affect my bloods Friday 9/14. I'm a relative noob and this is my first cycle injecting - and I can't wait to see how good I'll feel once I'm mid - cycle. I'll do whatever it takes to get the EW script even if it means totally screwing up this 1st cycle. Right now the endo has me on 200 mg test cyp 1x every 14 days - I want it to be every week so I have less ups and downs.

I started down this path after undergoing a couple of shoulder surgeries that didn't heal well. I want to continue the EW deca shots for the effect it has in the joints - the shoulder and a knee (8 surgeries there) are pretty degenerated. If it matters I'm 44 years old @ about 8- 9 % BF lifting for 30 years now. This is my 1st time using any compound @ all.

Also in the future - Once I'm running ion TRT and I want to supplement with some of my own - would test prop go undetected (as in would it show elevated testosterone levels) in TRT blood tests if I stop it say 5 days prior to blood work.

Let me know what you think. Should this be enough time for the UGL test E to clear and would it be safe to continue the deca and not have it affect mt TRT blood test as far as testosterone levels are concerned??The reason I'm asking you this question is I think you understand what I'm going thru here with the arthritic joints and you understand from a medical perspective how there compounds interact. My other option is to wait 2 more weeks (that would be 1 week after my second Test Cyp shot - she started me on 1 shot every 14 days). This would put me 22 days after my last UGL shot.

Thx, Rick

I'm going to be polite and answer for the good doctor:

Next time, Cliffs notes please.

Yes, your levels are going to be high. 3 injections of a long ester and an even longer ester?

Call your Drs office and cancel your bloodwork and reschedule an appointment with her and for bloodwork when you have been on nothing but androgel as PREVIOUSLY prescribed.

Next time, call the office to find out about bloodwork results BEFORE attempting to do it on your own. It is difficult enough to get HRT in younger men, let alone walking in with a level over 2,000...

RX MEMBER

Thx Bryan,

I guess I was looking for confirmation on something I already knew. I read a bit about 1/2 lives of different esters and how long takes to get out of your system - or @ least drop to a rate that will resemble what it should look like.

Rick

Hormone Replacement Therapy M.D. Dr. Joel Nathan's Avatar

Dear Rick,
    Deca will decrease testosterone levels on blood work. So when you tested low on Testosterone, your actual Testosterone level was higher than measured by the test.

The scope of this column is for educational purposes only. I cannot comment on dosing or suggest the interval until you get tested again.