Page 198 of 240 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3600
    OLYMPIAN

Did you guys watch the Canelo fight? Decent fight considering Lara had his track shoes on. I thought the decision was just and the right guy won. 9-3 for Canelo is maybe a stretch, but I can see how that possibly was the case.

I thought Lara won the 1st 3 rounds and the 11th. However, the 1st was close and possibly could have gone to Canelo making my card 9-3 instead of 8-4. There were some other close rounds and the 7-5 card for Lara was also possible and justifiable.

I just happened to think from the 4th round on, Canelo bludgeoned Lara's body and took the snap out of Lara's punches. I also take issue with the punch stats showing Canelo only landed 97 total shots. No way, he had to have landed at least that many just to the body.

Hate to be a dick, but in typical, classless Cuban fashion, Lara turned more people off including me who happened to think he was the best 154 pounder in the world by crying afterwards and for also running like a bitch.

I had it 115-113 Lara.
    I believe he won the fight, he out-boxed Canelo BUT he did Run for a good portion of the fight. Cleaner shots, made canelo miss a ton. Canelo went to the body well, but he was also swinging wildly.....Lara's constant movement, and low output, coupled with canelo's stalking, cutting off the ring, and throwing in volume could have swung at least 4-5 rounds of this fight. I have no problem with Canelo winning, but 117-111 seemed unreasonable to me.

Lara, like rigondeaux wont win fans with their style, to contrast that Yuri Gamboa is more offensive, and he got clobbered by crawford....So take it you may, but they fight with the cuban amatuer scoring style, if they could sit down on their shots more and increase their output they would win more rounds and be more commerically viable....Lara has so many Draws and close losses on his record,and his style is to blame......no on wanted to fight lara before this fight....even less will want to after this.

OLYMPIAN

Rigondeaux, for his part stands his ground and beats guys up. He uses his feet some, but mostly it is his upper body movement. He mugged Nonito. So bad, that we haven't and probably never will hear him calling for a rematch.

115-113 Lara isn't out of the question in my eyes. Like you said, with 4 swing rounds, that could turn into 117-111 for Canelo.

Ultimately, I'm glad the judges didn't reward his running and I think also, it was one of those fights where if your sitting ringside, the sound of Canelo's body shots thudding off Lara carried some additional sway with the judges.

Oh well, now we should get to see Canelo vs Cotto. It's hard for me to picture a scenario where Miguel can win, but at least we'll get to see his wifes lovely tits ringside.

On an unrelated note, I'm going to be in Toronto the weekend the Tigers are there. I believe we are going to the Saturday afternoon game. I think that is August 9th.
    Last edited by beefyfan; 07-14-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    Rigondeaux, for his part stands his ground and beats guys up. He uses his feet some, but mostly it is his upper body movement. He mugged Nonito. So bad, that we haven't and probably never will hear him calling for a rematch.

115-113 Lara isn't out of the question in my eyes. Like you said, with 4 swing rounds, that could turn into 117-111 for Canelo.

Ultimately, I'm glad the judges didn't reward his running and I think also, it was one of those fights where if your sitting ringside, the sound of Canelo's body shots thudding off Lara carried some additional sway with the judges.

Oh well, now we should get to see Canelo vs Cotto. It's hard for me to picture a scenario where Miguel can win, but at least we'll get to see his wifes lovely tits ringside.

On an unrelated note, I'm going to be in Toronto the weekend the Tigers are there. I believe we are going to the Saturday afternoon game. I think that is August 9th.
    The crowd was for canelo regardless of what he did. Lara made canelo look more flustered than mayweather did, but canelo went to the body and committed more with lara than mayweather....Lara should have gone for broke at least once in this fight.....he isnt going to get a shot like that again.....al haymon or not.

If canleo meets cotto, I think this version of cotto has more than a chance....While i do think his win over martinez was slightly more martinez' decline than cotto's re-emergence, but cotto looked sharped and was throwing harder than ive seen him throw in over a decade...lets see what happens....

Danny Garcia is fighting Rod Salka....who the fuck is this guy?
    time killing fight.....i dont get it. he is the unified 140 champ...no reason to be fighting soft touches like this....

The jays are on such a downward slide right now....it sucks, mostly injury related....they were doing so well just a month or so ago, hopefully they rebound after the allstar break.....let me know if you want to grab a beer while you're here! Downtown Toronto is awesome this time of year....I live about 30 mins outside the core.

OLYMPIAN

I am disappointed in Danny Garcia. After Lucas, he took what at the time was considered a gimme in Mauricio Herrera. Well, in my opinion he received a gift and instead of fighting Herrera again, he chooses a bonafide tomato can. The real shame is that Lamont Peterson is fighting a no-hoper on the same card. Shame on Showtime. They are getting "Haymoned" just like HBO used to.

Agree on the crowd being pro-Canelo and Lara should have dared to be great. I thought Canelo looked flustered for 3 rounds, but from the 4th on he got on track pretty well. Lara had nothing on his punches after the 6th, which I attribute to Canelo's brutal body assault.

Cotto will have to absolutely fight the fight of his life. He'll have to move like Lara did and stop and pop a lot more. Problem is that Canelo looks very, very sturdy in both the chin and body. I think we are in for 6-8 real good rounds of action, but down the stretch, I think Canelo will pour it on similar to the 1st Margarito fight.

Yeah, my beer days are pretty much behind me, but I'll throw one down for old time sake. I'll let you know as the time approaches.

I am disappointed in Danny Garcia. After Lucas, he took what at the time was considered a gimme in Mauricio Herrera. Well, in my opinion he received a gift and instead of fighting Herrera again, he chooses a bonafide tomato can. The real shame is that Lamont Peterson is fighting a no-hoper on the same card. Shame on Showtime. They are getting "Haymoned" just like HBO used to.

Agree on the crowd being pro-Canelo and Lara should have dared to be great. I thought Canelo looked flustered for 3 rounds, but from the 4th on he got on track pretty well. Lara had nothing on his punches after the 6th, which I attribute to Canelo's brutal body assault.

Cotto will have to absolutely fight the fight of his life. He'll have to move like Lara did and stop and pop a lot more. Problem is that Canelo looks very, very sturdy in both the chin and body. I think we are in for 6-8 real good rounds of action, but down the stretch, I think Canelo will pour it on similar to the 1st Margarito fight.

Yeah, my beer days are pretty much behind me, but I'll throw one down for old time sake. I'll let you know as the time approaches.
    I totally agree with the garcia fight.....he is the LINEAL champ at 140......he should be fighting thebest....not some no name....who the fuck is rod salka.

While I do think canelo has all the advantages to beat cotto, although it was a while ago, canelo got rocked against cotto's older brother in the first round.....was a couple years ago, and im not bringing it up because its Cotto's brother, but more so that a puncher who can connect might have a chance....slick boxers like trout, lara and money will out-smart him, punchers with accuracy, who I dont think he has faced before, will have a chance.....those lead left hooks, lead rights, and left hooks to the body that cotto threw against Martinez would defo hurt canelo.....as per your margarito analogy....I think Margarito was a bigger puncher than canelo.....slower, and less guile, but he threw with some heavy power.

As per beer....it doesnt have to be, if your down for some diet coke and boxing talk, its all good LOL.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    I totally agree with the garcia fight.....he is the LINEAL champ at 140......he should be fighting thebest....not some no name....who the fuck is rod salka.

While I do think canelo has all the advantages to beat cotto, although it was a while ago, canelo got rocked against cotto's older brother in the first round.....was a couple years ago, and im not bringing it up because its Cotto's brother, but more so that a puncher who can connect might have a chance....slick boxers like trout, lara and money will out-smart him, punchers with accuracy, who I dont think he has faced before, will have a chance.....those lead left hooks, lead rights, and left hooks to the body that cotto threw against Martinez would defo hurt canelo.....as per your margarito analogy....I think Margarito was a bigger puncher than canelo.....slower, and less guile, but he threw with some heavy power.

As per beer....it doesnt have to be, if your down for some diet coke and boxing talk, its all good LOL.
    LOL, but diet coke is my actual beverage of choice.

Looking forward to watching GGG next weekend. That guy always delivers. I just read that Sergio Martinez is going to resume his career. He says all his injuries are behind him and that he wants to face a top 10 contender next and try to regain his title after that. We shall see.

Yeah, I read the article on ESPN. Sergio was apparently diagnosed with a concussion after the cotto fight and only remembers bits and pieces of the fight....lets see what happens.

I'm excited about the GGG fight as well....Geale is a good fighter, tough but somewhat primative....they have a common opponent in Adama.....GGG stopped him, whilst geale won a 12 round decision....may not mean anything, but I think GGG wins this one by stoppage and keeps the streak going. I can see Geale staying up tho, but his corner throwing it in so he doesnt get clobbered.

Did you see highlights of the Rigo fight in Macau? He two pieced his opponent as he went to touch gloves after the ref temp stopped the fight due to a headbutt a'la floyd-ortiz......totally legal blow, but seems unsportsman like.

Ex Ass, now just annoying swingslammer's Avatar

Did you guys see that 6'11" Chinese heavyweight? Side show or possibility?
    Gone but not forgotten, I remember you too Dookie!

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by swingslammer View Post
    Did you guys see that 6'11" Chinese heavyweight? Side show or possibility?
    Did he medal at the last Olympics? If so, I think I know who you're talking about. My guess is that he'll be very awkward/clumsy and not amount to much. But who knows. A few years ago, Nicolai Valuev who was a 7 foot Russian actually started to improve, but then he hit the wall and digressed. He ran off a 48-0 record I think and lost to Ruslan Chagaev. I don't think he ever fought again.

Did he medal at the last Olympics? If so, I think I know who you're talking about. My guess is that he'll be very awkward/clumsy and not amount to much. But who knows. A few years ago, Nicolai Valuev who was a 7 foot Russian actually started to improve, but then he hit the wall and digressed. He ran off a 48-0 record I think and lost to Ruslan Chagaev. I don't think he ever fought again.
    if im not mistaken valuev won a contested fight against holyfield and then got beat by david haye.....looked very primative in there...all size without the coordination. He refused to fight either klitchko brother which is why wlad couldnt get the WBA belt until haye had it.

Tyson to present Holyfield at Boxing Hall of Fame:
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...fame-induction

OK... so GGG, if you clock me.... I'll still knock you out!! Crazy counter power... scary if he had FULL power.

OLYMPIAN

Daniel Geale is a legit middleweight too. Some guys just have dynamite in their hands.

To think i missed the first two rounds of that fight....by the time i started watching BANG.
    He ate a clean right hand counter over the jab, head snapped back, and STILL landed a monster right to geals chin.

Thats something special...

Page 198 of 240 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast