Page 238 of 240 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240 LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 3600

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    Not sure about Joseph Parker. I think he is solid if not good. Is he Anthony Joshua? Nope, but I think he's top 5 material right now. Who are your top 5 heavyweights? Mine are AJ, Wlad, Wilder, Ortiz and Parker. Andy Ruiz is right there as well. I have to see Tyson Fury fight again to see what he has left before I rank him. I think if AJ beats Wlad, he and Ortiz are the top 2 heavyweights.

Spence and Brook is a tough one for me to call. So many variables. 1st, Spence's best win is Chris Algeri. 2nd, Brook coming off a pretty tough loss to GGG. 3rd, Brook having to make 147 again. Given these 3 factors I'd slightly lean towards Spence. But, if Brook is what he was before GGG? I'll take Brook. Spence does look special though. But Kell is "Special K".

Glad to have boxing back. Last year was the pits.
    Oh, we're playing on words I see!!

HW
    Wlad, AJ, Wilder, ortiz I would be forced to put parker there because he the only fioghter on the cusp......Povetik was looking good going into this fight BUT all the drug busts, he hill have to be outfor a while and might not look the same sans-juice.

As per Fury.....let me try to find a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    I cannot see the pic you posted, but I've seen one of him recently at a purported 350lbs. I think he is done. What a shame, as he could have really put heavyweight boxing front and center just his backstory, his size, persona and loud fucking mouth. LOL.

I actually forgot about Povetkin, but to be honest, I hope the top guys all freeze him out. Too many chances. Plus, why the hell is he taking Ostarine. I've used it and it is hardly noticeable the gains you get if any.
    Beefy is on the juice?!? I dont think its an even playing field to debate boxing with you anymore if your arguments are performance enhanced.....i mean, this IS the hurt business.

Ggg had 10 days to decide if he will fight bjs....golden boy said that if he takes a june fight they will take it as a slap in the face for a september fight with canelo.....what do you think? I think ggg should wait.....beating canelo has more value and significance than bjs and bjs isnt going anywhere.....he will be fighting in community centres in obscure parts of uk for a while.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

AJ vs WLAD.

is AJ ready? is Wlad too old? is AJ experienced enough to to avoid the right hand of wladamir? will Wlad's chin stand up?

To his credit, outside the sam peter fight, wlad's chin improved over time, and he fought in a way that kept it out of range. If he can keep joshua behind the jab it could be a tough night for joshua. Jousha got rocked by dillian whyte being wreckless but recovered quickly....wlad is EASILY the biggest and most accurate puncher he has faced....I think Wlad puts on a good performance for his last stand, but he probably gets stopped. I would absolutely not be surprised if he pulls out a UD or even humbles AJ and stops him at some point.

Thoughts.?

Hey guys,

honestly, I've never seen Joshua fight, so I didn't chime in with predictions.

I just saw the fight, and pretty much agree with Beefy... this was a case of younger man beating the older.
    I thought Joshua's jab was better than Wlad's tonight...Wlad tried (too much) to rely on feints and head movement rather than jab. The jab opened up more opportunities for him and it accumulated over the fight. Still, it took that nice right uppercut in the 11th to really settle matters.

I know styles make fights, and Wlad hasn't looked so great in his latter outings... the Fury bout doesn't deserve mentioning.... but he did look rejuvenated tonight and proved he's still top 5 heavies in the world.

As for Joshua, I'd want Wilder to be his next fight, but they may let that simmer a while longer. Anyone who can retire Fury will be my rooting interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any early thoughts on Canelo/JCC Jr.?

I haven't seen Jr. since his suspension, so I don't know where his head is.. I thought he never took things seriously, although I did think he showed heart against Sergio Martinez and almost finished him in their fight. Maybe the layoff focused him.

I think his height and size can be a factor, as he always fought at middleweight. I thought he would have moved to 168 by this time had he not been suspended.

I know I've said I wouldn't watch another Canelo fight until he fought GGG, but I may soften the closer this fight gets. In any case, both are offensive fighters, so I'm hoping it will be good for as long as it lasts.

I have Canelo TKO 9

Well Beefy, none of us got what we wanted between these two... Jr. probably shouldn't go back to his hometown for a while... a pathetic performance for sure, and poor strategy by his corner.. which Chavez running them under the bus to account for such a poor performance.

But, it does appear GGG fight is on in September... I'll be midly excited.. if we can make it through the summer, then I'd be buzzing

Didn't know they once sparred together... not sure who that would favor... I would think Canelo, since GGG hasn't changed much.

And while Canelo has certainly come on strong over the last 2 years, it's not the longest wait we've seen... the Mayweather-Pacquiao wait was a crime against the sport that has been felt for years... GGG really became a household name at after age 30... not sure who to blame there.. would have loved to see him fight B-Hop, Winky Wright, Felix Trinidad, but he came on a tad late after them.

Quote Originally Posted by PTB View Post
    Didn't know they once sparred together... not sure who that would favor... I would think Canelo, since GGG hasn't changed much.

And while Canelo has certainly come on strong over the last 2 years, it's not the longest wait we've seen... the Mayweather-Pacquiao wait was a crime against the sport that has been felt for years... GGG really became a household name at after age 30... not sure who to blame there.. would have loved to see him fight B-Hop, Winky Wright, Felix Trinidad, but he came on a tad late after them.
    I concur with you both. GGG has to come prepared for this fight. Canelo looked good here, but anyone would have....Jr. was a punching bag. He is done.
    I want GGG to stop Canelo and humble him...I dont know who Canelo beat to make him think he is the best. HE's good and getting better but If you really think about it....he barely beat Lara (arguably lost) lost to floyd, he beat austin trout but that fight was competitive. Beat old man cotto, angulo, liam smith, he fought and stopped a blown up amir khan and josesito lopez....Meh.

GGG has fought the fights, and not fighting the top fighters was not his fault....he's the boogeyman right now....

You have to love that WWE entrance they gave golovkin at the end of the fight...

FYI Canelo has an immediate rematch clause, GGG does not. If canelo wins he can do what he wants, if GGG wins, Canelo can activate the clause......would be interesting if GGG stops him and Canelo chooses to get concussed twice.

Hey guys, I basically ended my cable TV/Satellite subscription and have gone to Live Streaming TV through YouTube. I'm also using streaming apps for NBC, TNT/TBS, and Netflix.

For boxing PPV, is there a dedicated streaming service where you can order most major PPV fight events (both boxing and UFC/MMA)?

I'm looking to host a fight party in September for this upcoming GGG/Canelo fight, and I have Chromecast streaming devices on all my TV's.

Kell Brook vs Errol Spence this Saturday, May 27 on PBC/Showtime.

Who you got?

I like Kell by close decision. Spence is no doubt up and coming, but Kell, despite losing to GGG still may be the best at 147. It's a big test for sure, but I think Kell makes a stand.

This weekend, If I had to bet Id put my money on spence. Kell Brook looks gigantic and I hope he doesnt get drained to make 147 (he was 155 last week so it should be doable, but he is shredded @ 155). Brook has the skills, experience and power to win this, but it depends on how much he has left after the GGG fight. Spence looks good, but he hasnt fought an opponent on the level of Brook. Props to him for taking the fight and going across the pond. If brook puts up a fight, and its close he risks losing on the cards in a hometown crowd. Showtime is doing a great job interviewing Spence. Asked him about how he dropped broner in sparring and hwo he also gave floyd a black-eye.

what did you think about the DQ against andre direll? Dude was mid combination, how was he supposed to pull-up mid punch? Thats the refs job to get in there and stop the action at the bell. Should have been a KO. that suckerpunch was unecessary and dude should be arrested.

Raymundo Beltran has my current vote for KO of the year....that lead left hook was nasty and dude was out before he hit the ground.

Crawford looked good but I didnt know much about the dude he fought. Former olympian, a brawler, but crawford needs to fight better fights if he is really P4P.

Same goes for Gary Russell Jr. No one cares about homie anymore....keeps fighting TBDs.

Beefy. The jays have had a nice run recently and avoided the sweep against the orioles.
    Stroman hit a homerun against the braves............thats all i got tho....

My god do ppl hate bautista.....He's the man here in TO tho. Bat Flip each time my guy.....

I thought the first shot was at the bell, the second was clearly after, and it wasn't the first time he did it in the fight as the announcers pointed out, so warnings should have went out much sooner.

Agreed on on the suckerpunch, although clearly dude had no power, lol!!
    And what's what the Mr. Miyagi crane kick by Uzcategui afterwards?
    Still, after seeing that James Butler fight, and the tragic events that followed, that must be dealt with quickly and aggressively.

And I love your guy Bautista.. he plays with passion, but baseball is stuck in the 1800's. Clearly the most sensitive athletes in the world, with some pitchers being the most cowardly.

Default Boxing News and Archives

Haven't seen thr fight yet, but it loosks like we have a new king of the welterweight division:

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...d-bramall-lane
    http://es.pn/2qnAdI9

http://www.espn.com/espn/now/_/nowId...747718952322-4

Last edited by PTB; 05-27-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Post fight analysis... it appears the eye socket from the GGG fight was broken again in 7th round.

Is it fair to say Kell quit?
    https://youtu.be/Q-xA8hz3oLg

Page 238 of 240 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240 LastLast