Page 241 of 241 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241
Results 3,601 to 3,604 of 3604

Predictions: WARD vs KOVALEV II

The first fight I thought was closely contested with a lot of toss up rounds.

I think Kovalev comes out more aggressive and gets a unanimous decision victory, setting up a 3rd finale. I think there will be knockdowns, but Ward won't get knocked out.
    Last edited by PTB; 06-14-2017 at 10:44 AM.

OLYMPIAN

I thought Kovalev won the 1st fight. I think he'll win the 2nd fight more convincingly especially if there is any substance to him being over trained for the first fight. That being said, I won't be shocked if Ward gets the "W" in a horrible decision.

I can also see a scenario where Ward already has him figured out and it looks a lot like his win over Froch.

But, I'll commit to a Kovalev UD.

OLYMPIAN

Here is my take on the card as well as the main event. It was a bad night for the Nevada State Athletic Commission. A bad night for Tony Weeks and an equally bad night for HBO.

The officiating in the Rigo fight was lousy. The fight was lousy. The match up was lousy. Rigo is lousy. Hope to never have to suffer through another one of his fights.

Main event: Was shaping up to be a good fight. Both guys fought harder than the first go around. Before the "stoppage" Ward hit Kovalev low several times and was only warned once. The combination that finished the fight was a triple left hook to the balls. Each hook progressively lower than the one that preceded it. Terrible job by Tony Weeks and even worse job by HBO to not scrutinize it at all.

Next for Kovalev? Don't know. Robbed once and treated like a red headed step child in the rematch. Maybe jump to Showtime, get a win and fight Stevenson?

Ward? He's excellent, no doubt. Pound for pound material. Didn't need the fouls to win. He is more than good enough. He reminds me so much of Bernard Hopkins but with a little bit of Roy Jones athleticism.

HBO? I was fucking disgusted all night. But boy were they riding Wards dick hard the whole night. Wonder what Kovalev did to fall out of favor with HBO? If anything at all. But for some reason they were all over Ward. My theory is that they are worried about Ward defecting to Al Haymon and in turn, Showtime so they threw all the praise they could his way in hopes of stroking his ego if not his cock enough to keep him around.

I had Kovalev slightly ahead at the time of the stoppage but admit that the momentum had swung towards Andre.

Back to Andre. He had better fight a stiff if he moves up to heavyweight, let alone cruiserweight.

Default Boxing News and Archives

I didn't see the undercard , but saw the main event.. it was not entertaining, but I give credit to Ward for making it so.

Observations:
    Ward seemed much stronger in this fight. He basically manhandled Kovalev, clinching, holding, neutralizing his power.

Kovalev's power is at range and at the end of his punches... he doesn't throw short punches with power and was lousy on the inside. Ward did a great job of actually shortening the distance between them, again, with the clinching, neutralized Kovalev's power.

Kovalev mostly threw a lead jab and a right hand, that couldn't find the mark all night, either he was just plain missing, or the right was reduced to a slapping shot because of the short distance. He threw very few body punches or uppercuts.

As for the low blows, there were several, including in the final stoppage... that, along with the clinching should have had points taken away.

I still however don't think that would have changed the outcome... Kovalev barely hurt Ward, and I thought Ward did enough to steal rounds. Kovalev did nothing to change the momentum and despite the scorecards being close, I thought Ward would have won a unanimous decision.

But I say again, this was not entertaining... it was ugly, petty, and definitely not worth PPV money... boxing has been mostly miss with their PPV cards but this year, the last one with Canelo and JCCjr was another bust.

I'm hoping GGG/Canelo can live up to the hype... I'm not ordering Mayweathem/McGregor ... I don't care how much they hype it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PTB; 06-19-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Page 241 of 241 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241