Page 217 of 240 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3600

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    Chavez was a sissy. He whined and complained the whole fight and Fonfara wasn't dirty at all. Chavez was the one leading with his head. Then, he did the unthinkable and quit. He aint no Roberto Duran and I don't think he'll ever recover.

His candy ass better get serious about making 168, preferably 160 and he'd better start fighting 3-4 times a year, and while were at it, bring back Freddie Roach. Not that Roach would take him at this point. I love Joe Goosen, but that didn't work out. He looked terrible, like he used to look 5-6 years ago.
    Chavez was clearly outmatched and lost every single round from my point of view. No need for a rematch catchweight or no catchweight. And he better dedicate himself to training harder, improving more. His work ethic is suspect.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Manny Pacquiao net worth, money: Will PacMan go broke?

It's no secret Manny Pacquiao's net worth isn't nearly as high as most would assume.

So, how much is Manny Pacquiao worth?

According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, Pacquiao's net worth is $110 Million but who really knows how accurate that is?

In comparison, Floyd Mayweather is purportedly worth $280 Million according to the same site, even though 'Money May,' unlike Manny, has no endorsements.

And although Manny will earn in excess of $100 Million on Saturday for his showdown with Floyd Mayweather, will we see him in dire financial straits within the next two or three years?

If you think it's impossible, think again.

As fight legend Mike Tyson can quite easily attest, Money has a strange way of disappearing when very quickly you're rich. (Actually, one doesn't have to be wealthy to experience that)

Fight legend Sugar Ray Leonard recently hinted Manny may have another fight on his hands following Saturday's Mayweather showdown. Ray told BoxingScene Pacquiao admirably tries to help everyone, just as he did when he was earning millions. But one man, even a very wealthy one, cannot solve the world's problems with his money.

Leonard suggests Manny must have the discipline to say "no" sometimes and hinted it will not be easy to do.

"Pacquiao tries to help everyone just like me," said Leonard. "He goes out of his way to help everyone but you can't help the world."

"Sometimes you have to say no. It was difficult for me to say no at first, I gave away many millions of dollars."

"When you become world champion you make an impact inside the ring, but you make a bigger impact out."

Money Problems Nothing New
    As early as 2004, Freddie Roach, Pacquiao's trainer, warned the fighter of his liberal spending habits. And in an August 2011 interview, Roach told Bleacher Report that Manny's financial situation was precarious and that his political campaigns coupled with his unceasing generosity would likely force him to "have to keep fighting."

More Plans to Donate?... Even Before the Fight?
    Several hours ago BoxingScene reported Manny's promoter, Bob Arum, stated he believed 50 percent of Pacquiao's earnings for Saturday's fight would go to charity.

“I am sure that half the money Manny earns in this fight is going to go to charity. I’m sure.

"That’s Manny.”

While donating large sums of money to worthy causes is a benevolent undertaking, perhaps Manny should wait until after the fight before making decisions about allocating his revenue? Perhaps a more measured approach might be more beneficial? After all, he seemingly already owes the IRS millions and they will have to be paid first.

Joe Louis

The legendary Joe Louis, one of the most celebrated athletes ever, was virtually broke by the age of 40 due to his generosity. Like Manny Pacquiao today, the IRS hounded Louis late in his career and collected large sums of money, off the top, from his fight purses.

Despite Louis' lucrative salaries over the years, most of the proceeds had been given to his handlers. Moreover, Louis was also extremely, if not overly, generous to his family, paying for homes, cars and education for his parents and siblings.

But more significantly, and in addition to his genorosity to family and friends and, of course, the poor business investments, he gave liberally to the government and donated "ridiculous" sums of money to the United States Army and Navy to help subsidize the World War II effort.

But none of that mattered to the IRS.

How bad was it?
    They hounded him after fights and, in 1953, when Louis' mother died, the IRS appropriated the $667 she had willed to him.

After retiring as champion at 35, Louis, a balding shadow of his former self, would be forced to make a comeback a few years later as a result of his debt. And when he was no longer able to compete as an elite-level fighter, the great Joe Louis did what he had to in order to satisfy his financial obligations...
    Joe Louis, one of the greatest fighters ever and most beloved sportsmen in history, who had been so charitable to his country at a time of war, became a pro wrestler and toured well into his late 50s.

He needed the money.

A devoted Christian, Pacquiao is obligated to helping others, and that is undoubtedly a noble characteristic. However, and going forward, perhaps Manny, as Sugar Ray suggested, should be a bit more frugal and not attempt to carry the world's burdens on his shoulders?

Does genorosity have limits?
    - See more at: http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/5....dh5642CC.dpuf

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

While it is still up.

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao (Full Fight) May 2 [2015]

Disappointed in 1.) Manny lost, but more importantly 2.) It wasn't a great fight.. no one will even mention this fight outside of it's high price 5 years from now. A great fight is more important to me than who wins and who loses.

I had a fight party with 15+ guys there, so with some food, we split the cost, so I didn't feel cheated in that sense. It was a good bros night out for all.

OLYMPIAN

The undercard was easily the worst I can remember in the last five years. All the money generated and that's what they came up with?

OLYMPIAN

Unfortunately, this was a typical Mayweather fight and overall card. The biggest disappointment is that Manny didn't bring it? Why? Is he shot? Legs gone? Overtrained? Shoulder injury? His punch output was pathetic. The fight sucked. I agree, Mayweather won, but he did not win 10 rounds. Hell, I don't think he won 8. Every round was close and uneventful. I would have honestly scored this fight something like 6-2 with 4 even rounds for Floyd. Or 4-2 with 6 even rounds.

I watched it with my uncles and cousins. We all scored the fight and didn't share our cards until the final bell rang. One uncle had Pac by 3. One had May by 2 and another by 3. I had it even at six rounds a piece, but I'm pretty sure I gave Manny the benefit of the doubt on at least 2 rounds. If I would have scored even rounds instead of rotating close rounds, I'd probably have scored it 5-3 with 4 even for Floyd.

Now we have to listen to mainstream idiots scream about how boxing is dead. Blah, blah, blah. I wish someone would come on ESPN and say watch Canelo vs Kirkland and tell me boxing is dead. Watch GGG, watch Kovalev, watch Keith Thurman, just to name a few. The 80's were great, the 90's were very good and the 2000's are talked about like they were dog shit. We had Barrera-Morales, Pac-Marquez, Delahoya-Mosley, Delahoya-Vargas, Hopkins-Trinidad just off the top of my head. We had Lennox Lewis still, the last true great heavyweight. Wlad may be on his way though.

Floyd Mayweather delivers masterclass to defeat Pacquiao in superfight - but Filipino complains of shoulder injury

Promoter says Manny Pacquiao was restricted to fighting with one hand because boxing commission went back on agreement he could have injection

Floyd Mayweather proved himself the master of the ring to outbox Manny Pacquiao and earn a unanimous decision in their welterweight world title bout - the unbeaten American lifting his record to 48-0 to fulfill his legacy as the finest boxer of this generation. Pacquiao, on the other hand, suffered his sixth career defeat.

The three ringside judges scored the fight 116-112, 116-112, with the third judge returning a score of 118-110. From row seven, I had Mayweather the winner 115-113. The three judges concurred on 10 of the 12 rounds.
    Soon after the fight, it was disclosed by Bob Arum that Pacquiao had injured his right shoulder in training and that Nevada boxing commissioners denied a request for him to take an anti-inflammatory injection in his dressing room before the fight. The NSAC officials insisted that the request, at 6.08pm, had come far too late, under two hours before the contest was due to start.

There were no knockdowns, and at times it was a cagey affair. Pacquiao seemed to be unable to launch into full assault mode at times, but that was more because Mayweather controlled range, distance and the centre of the ring, and clinched when he had to.

"I take my hat off to Manny Pacquiao. I see now why he is at the pinnacle of boxing," Mayweather said. "I knew he was going to push me, win some rounds. I wasn't being hit with a lot of shots until I sat in a pocket and he landed a lot of shots."

The richest fight in boxing history - from which Mayweather earned an estimated $180 million - was far from a thriller, but Mayweather's style often results in such spectacles. Pacquiao, largely left handed, threw fewer punches than coach Freddie Roach had wanted him to. Pacquiao was recorded by Compubox as throwing 429, Mayweather 435. Mayweather landed 148 punches; Pacquiao 81. It was one of the surprises of the night.

Arum said Pacquiao's camp thought he would be allowed the anti-inflammatory injection, but they had failed to file the paperwork with the commission in the 'injury' box, therefore leaving the commission, officials argued, no option to but to refuse Pacquiao pain relief.

Five Nevada commissioners decided in Pacquiao's dressing room that he would not be allowed to take it, two hours before the fight. "The ruling made tonight affected the outcome of the fight," Arum said.

"I thought I won the fight. He didn't do nothing except move outside," Pacquiao added. "I got him many times, I saw the punches."
    Pacquiao landed probably the biggest punch of the fight in the fourth round - a left hand that sent Mayweather into the ropes - but he was unable to capitalise on the clean punch.

"He's a very awkward fighter, so I had to take my time and watch him close," Mayweather said.

"I thought we pulled it out," Pacquiao trainer Roach insisted. "I asked my man to throw more combinations between rounds. I thought he fought flat-footed too many times."

Pacquiao added: "He is moving around, it's not easy to throw punches when people are moving around. When he stayed, I threw a lot of punches. That's a fight."

Over five years in build-up, the richest fight ever unfolded before a glittering crowd of celebrities, high rollers and people who had enough money to pay for ringside seats going for $40,000 and up. As trainer and analyst Teddy Atlas told The Telegraph: "It was a massive fight. The only sad thing for me was that boxing fans came to the weigh-in paying $10 but it was Wall St who came to the fight because of the ticket prices."

The main event was delayed just under an hour because cable and satellite systems could not cope with the pay-per-view demand, suggesting that it may have reached close to the four million mark. Given the demand in the UK, sources told The Telegraph that Sky Box Office expected to do at least 1 million pay-per-view buys.

"I'm a calculated fighter, he is a tough competitor," Mayweather said after the contest. "My dad wanted me to do more but Pacquiao is an awkward fighter."

Mayweather said that his fight in September, against an opponent yet to be named, would be his last visit to the ring.

I'm almost 40 years old now. I've been in the sport 19 years and have been a champion for 18 years. I'm truly blessed."

The signs were there when Pacquiao was catching him that the reactions are slowing. But without doubt, Mayweather proved himself the boxer of this era.
    At the close, Arum told The Telegraph: "It's going to take a long time to potentially have a rematch because Manny has a shoulder injury and we are particularly disappointed that the Commission refused to allow what had been agreed. I think Manny is going to need an operation."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-Bob-Arum.html

Pacquiao bows his head in the post-fight press conference

Mayweather controls the fight with his jab

Manny Pacquiao throws a punch at Floyd Mayweather with his good left arm.

The final stats showed how restricted Manny Pacquiao was during the fight.

Mayweather puts Pacquiao under pressure

Mayweather and Pacquiao embrace at the close

Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao By Gareth A Davies
    How Mayweather defeated Pacquiao

Round One

Brilliant first round by Mayweather. Controlled everything: centre of the ring, landed that dangerous right hand twice - the second time just buckling Pacman's legs a little, and ALSO was even setting traps to land a big right by drawing Manny in. Mayweather 10-9

Round Two

Apart from one combination, Pacquiao is being out moved and that right hand of Floyd's looks so dangerous. They are calling for Pacman but this is all FM. Already 5/6 long straight rights. Mayweather really in the mood. Beautiful to watch. Mayweather 10-9

Round Three

This is a slightly more aggressive Floyd than we are used to seeing. It is working very effectively. Great jabs, the occasional right hand. Low blow from FM on MP. Come on Kenny, stronger warning needed. Good right to the body from FM. Pacman needs to start landing. Needs a clean combo to change pattern of fight. For me, FM winning this easily. Mayweather 10-9

Round Four

There it is. The power of Pacquiao. The left finally lands from Manny. Floyd is rocked. And again. This place has come alive. Mayweather covers up. Now we have a fight. This is just amazing. Pacman must not get reckless. Pacquiao 10-9.

Round Five

This is becoming an awesome fight. That assault in the fourth by MP has got Floyd's attention. That round could have gone either way. Floyd early, Manny late. Floyd back in shell. FM warned for holding and hitting. Closest round so far. Mayweather 10-9

Round Six

We are witnessing the ageing of Floyd Mayweather here. Serious left-handed assault by Pacquiao, hard, hard shots. Mayweather reactions are slowing. He's still dangerous with that right hand and right check hook. Pacquiao 10-9

Round Seven

Mayweather attacks, uncharacteristically clumsy throwing the right. FM has come out looking to dominate and change pattern again. Lands good right hand. Pacman hunting, bobbing, looking for left-handed attack again. Great left from MP inside the final minute sends Floyd backwards, but he wore it well. Then a left body shot with 12 seconds remaining from Pacman. Another close round. Mayweather 10-9

Round Eight

Winging left, then left uppercut from Pacman, but Floyd still setting traps. Notice that straight right land from the ropes? MP cannot afford to get reckless. Floyd could knock Manny out as he falls in. Couple of great left hooks from Floyd, that's new in this fight. Pacquiao 10-9

Round Nine

Leaping overhand left from MP lands. Great single-timed shots from Floyd with the right hand. Great right from Floyd over the jab - great whiskers from MP. This is a great fight. The puncher/brawler against the stylist. Savour it - they will go down as greats. Great assault from MP again. Close round but Pacquiao going for it and very much the aggressor. Floyd landed only a few single shots. Pacquiao 10-9

Round Ten

That left of Pacquiao is thrilling. It brings the fight - and Floyd - very much alive. See that beautiful movement and defence from Floyd on the ropes. So hard to do, so brilliant. Manny the aggressor, Floyd now in winning-on-points mode. Not a lot of punches landed. This is going to be very close. Controversy brewing. Pacquiao 10-9

Round Eleven

That's interesting. Floyd coming out at the start with the winging right hand. It lands. It's to get the judges' attention. He knows it is quite close. Mayweather's use of the jab in this fight, to measure his right hand, has been brilliant. Pacquiao still attacking, landing, still disciplined, which he needs to be. He's often much more aggressive than this. Brilliant defence again from FM. Mayweather winning the round with movement and single shots. Mayweather may toy with Pacquiao now - MP has to go for it. Mayweather 10-9

Round Twelve

MP needs a big round. Look at Mayweather take the centre of the ring and flick out the jab. Great left by Floyd. Manny grins after they clinch. How can you not love the guy? Look at Mayweather again. Boxer beating cultured brawler. But Pacquiao went after Floyd there and chased him down to the wire. All the support for Pacman, but Mayweather toyed there. And booed afterwards. Both men with hands in the air. Both champions. I have Mayweather winning this fight. Mayweather 10-9. Gareth A Davies's final score: Mayweather 115-113 Pacquiao

My scores were very similar to Gareth Davies scores.

Judges' scores

118-110 ,116-112, 116-112 The first score is too wide, but I don't disagree with 116-112. I had it 115-113. Would still like to see a second fight - but not if it takes five-and-a-half years.

Pacquiao does not want to make alibis despite shoulder pain

LAS VEGAS — Manny Pacquiao’s initial reaction was that he had been robbed of victory against Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    But having done some thinking and after changing to a white long-sleeve shirt and black pants, Pacquiao had some reservations about what really transpired in their colossal battle for pride, glory and money Saturday night.
    “I did my best…” Pacquiao opened up during the post-fight conference. “Anyway I’d like to thank the people who came to witness the fight. I don’t want to make alibis. It was a good 12 rounds. I fought a good fight.”
    To be fair to Mayweather, Pacquiao said he had to review the tape of the fight “to see what really happened.”

Of course, with one good hand, Pacquiao became an easier, more readable target for Mayweather, who sneaked in punches to prevent the Filipino ring icon from launching a full-blown attack starting from the seventh round.
    From the second to the fourth round, Pacquiao had the better of Mayweather, who was still trying to figure him out.
    Once Mayweather, touted as one of the sport’s best counterpunchers and tacticians, found Pacquiao’s loopholes, however, the fight took a spiral for the eight-division world champion.

In fact, Mayweather swept the last six rounds, according to the three judges.
    Pacquiao, however, couldn’t believe that the bout was as lopsided — 118-110, 116-112 and 116-112 — as what judges’ scorecards showed.
    “I thought I caught him many times. I was never hurt. I was very surprised by the scores,” said Pacquiao, who then made a candid admission that all had not really been well in his seven-week training camp in Hollywood.

“You know, this training camp I thought we’re planning to postpone as I could not use my right hand,” said Pacquiao. “We planned to seek commission exemption (painkillers) for the numbing in my right shoulder.”
    While he was able to control the pain, Pacquiao admitted that two weeks before the fight, his shoulder didn’t really get better. “I realized, something was wrong.”

According to Pacquiao, he had an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) three weeks before the fight, and found out that there was a tear on his right shoulder.
    Despite absorbing his sixth loss against 57 wins (38 by knockout) and two draws, Pacquiao wasn’t in a foul mood.

“I’m very happy with the result. I fought a good fight. I cannot use my right hand a lot, but it’s still good. It’s still there.”
    Pacquiao then gave Mayweather credit for the fight, witnessed by a packed crowd of 16,507 at MGM Grand Garden Arena.
    “He’s fast. He’s a good boxer. Give the credit to him. He won the fight.”
    On the prodding of the media, however, Pacquiao was forced to admit that his right shoulder hurt when he threw a lot of punches and combinations.
    “I didn’t complain as it’s part of the game. I didn’t want to make alibis.”

http://sports.inquirer.net/180582/pa...-shoulder-pain

Pacquiao to undergo surgery for injured shoulder

Los Angeles, United States - Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao, who lost a unanimous decision to Floyd Mayweather in their welterweight unification fight on Saturday, has a torn rotator cuff and will undergo shoulder surgery, ESPN reported on Monday.
    Dr. Neal ElAttrache described the tear on Monday as “significant” and said Pacquiao could be out between nine and 12 months as long as his rehabilitation progresses well.

“We have an MRI scan that confirms he has a rotator cuff tear. He has a significant tear,” ElAttrache of the Kerlan Jobe Orthopedic Clinic told ESPN.

ElAttrache is one of the most respected surgeons in North America, having operated on New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Zack Greinke and Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant.
    No specific date has been set for the surgery but it is expected to take place later this week.

Pacquiao and Mayweather met at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in one of the most anticipated showdowns in boxing history which is also the richest fight ever with revenues of about $400 million.

The southpaw Pacquiao clearly had difficulty with his right hand during the 12-round title fight as he landed just 18 jabs, compared to 67 for Mayweather. The injury also limited Pacquiao’s power punches as he connected on just 27 percent compared to the defensively-minded Mayweather who connected on 48 percent.

http://sports.inquirer.net/180783/br...jured-shoulder

Surgery for Pacquiao cancels November fight

HOLLYWOOD—Manny Pacquiao usually forgets about time when he’s playing chess. He can play on up to early morning.
    On Monday, however, Pacquiao, no longer donning a right shoulder sling, cut short his games against former PBA player Zaldy Realubit before midnight.
    The throbbing pain that affected his performance against Floyd Mayweather Jr., who won their colossal battle by unanimous decision, Saturday night was still bothering him.

That was the reason why Pacquiao went to Kerlan Jobe Orthopedic Clinic in Los Angeles Monday afternoon to seek medical treatment.
    As it turned out, Pacquiao sustained a tear on his right shoulder rotator cuff and needs to undergo surgery. It will be done anytime this week and so his return home, originally set Wednesday, will have to wait. His scheduled next fight in November is also a no-go.

“It still hurts, especially if I raise my hand,” Pacquiao told his public information officer in Filipino before going upstairs to sleep. “I’m not really feeling that well.”
    Following the surgery, Pacquiao has to rest for five to six weeks without strenuous activities. In total, he’s expected to be out of commission from nine months to a year. The ever-optimist Pacquiao, however, believes it would heal in five to six months.
    “We have an MRI scan that confirms he has a rotator cuff tear. He has a significant tear,” orthopedic surgeon Dr. Neal ElAttrache told ESPN.com.
    “After examination, It was determined that the best method and approach is for Manny to have surgery,” Michael Koncz, Pacquiao’s adviser, said. “Manny is doing OK.”

According to Koncz, the doctor who will perform the surgery, will issue a medical bulletin after the procedure.
    While Pacquiao can bear with the shoulder pain, he’s hurting inside.
    No matter the reason, he has failed in in his quest to topple Mayweather from his lofty perch in boxing.

“Manny did the best he could under the circumstances,” Koncz said. “We have to give Floyd credit, too. Floyd was the better man [Saturday] night. Floyd did a tremendous job, and he won the fight.”
    Clearly, however, Pacquiao was far from his usual fiery form when he tangled with Mayweather.
    The 429 punches Pacquiao threw was the fewest in his 20-year ring career for a 12-round fight. Mayweather, a master defender, even outpunched (435) him. Furthermore, Pacquiao only landed a total of 81 punches, also the least ever. Fact is, the power punches Mayweather unleashed matched Pacquiao’s output.
    It was only during the post-fight conference that Pacquiao’s injury got revealed.

Nevada Athletic Commission chairman Francisco Aguilar bared that the NAC had denied Pacquiao’s request to take an anti-inflammatory shot in his shoulder in his dressing room because there was no formal request and it was made too late, just two hours before the welterweight unification title showdown started at MGM Grand Garden Arena.
    Chief trainer Freddie Roach disclosed that his prized ward sustained the injury on April 4 while throwing a right hook and his arms got tangled with that of his sparring partner.
    They had the injury examined on April 6 and found out about the tear. They did not disclose the injury right away, hoping it would heal in time by resting it. Fact is, they cancelled sparring for one week, under the guise that Pacquiao was peaking too soon.
    Top Rank Promotions chief honcho Bob Arum claimed that the NAC had been informed of the injury shortly and that they had filed a request that Pacquiao be allowed to receive anti-inflammatory shots. The numbing agents had been approved by the US Anti-Doping Agency, which conducted random testing on both Mayweather and Pacquiao.
    Aguilar justified the NAC’s decision to junk Pacquiao’s request saying that although the medications he was taking were disclosed on his medical questionnaire, they failed to list the actual injury.
    According to Koncz, he was the one who answered the questionnaire and made the omission.
    Apart from the painkillers, the NAC also prevented Pacquiao from bringing in energy drinks and his own water.
    Aguilar said Pacquiao could be fined or suspended by the commission for not answering the question correctly on the form before the weigh-in on Friday as four questions later, Koncz noted the painkillers Pacquiao had been taking.

As to why Arum did not request for a postponement of the fight projected to gross a record $400 million, the 83-year-old venerable promoter said that Pacquiao got well enough to fight, but the injury re-incurred and doomed his chances.
    On Monday, Top Rank and Pacquiao issued a statement to clarify their position.
    It read:
    During training, Manny Pacquiao suffered a right shoulder injury. Manny went to see world-class doctors, partners in the prestigious Kerlan Jobe Orthopedic Clinic, who performed tests and, in consultation with Manny, his promoter, and his advisors, concluded that with short rest, treatments, and close monitoring, Manny could train and, on May 2, step into the ring against Floyd Mayweather.
    Manny’s advisors notified the United States Anti-Doping Agency (“USADA”) of the shoulder injury and the treatments being proposed by the doctors during training and on fight night. USADA spoke to Manny’s doctors twice, investigated, and confirmed in writing that the proposed treatments, if used, were completely allowed. The medication approved for fight night was a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (Toradol).
    Manny continued to train and his shoulder improved, though not 100%. This is boxing, injuries happen, and Manny is a warrior. Again, in consultation with his doctors, promoter and advisors, Manny decided to proceed with the fight anticipating that he could receive his pre-fight treatment. That specific treatment had been approved by USADA in writing at least 5 days before the fight.
    On his pre-fight medical form filled out earlier in the week, Manny’s advisors listed the medications that Manny used in training and the medications that might be used on fight night. A few hours before he was expected to step in the ring, when Manny’s doctors began the process, the Nevada Commission stopped the treatment because it said it was unaware of Manny’s shoulder injury.
    This was disappointing to Team Pacquiao since they had disclosed the injury and treatment to USADA, USADA approved the treatments, and Manny had listed the medication on his pre-fight medical form.
    Also, USADA had provided a copy of its contract with the fighters to the Commission. An hour before the fight, Manny’s advisors asked the Commission to reconsider and the director of USADA advised the Commission that USADA had approved the fight-night treatment, but the Commission denied the request.
    With the advice of his doctors, Manny still decided to proceed with the fight. His shoulder wasn’t perfect but it had improved in training camp.
    However, as Manny has said multiple times, he makes no excuses. Manny gave it his best.

It was precisely Pacquiao’s opening remarks during the post-fight conference.
    “I gave my best but it wasn’t good enough,” he said.
    Of course, fighting with one good arm against Mayweather won’t suffice.

http://www.inquirer.net/pacquiao-files/article/180830

LOOK: Pacquiao nursing ‘torn’ right shoulder

Top Rank Promotions has released a picture on Monday showing Filipino people’s champ Manny Pacquiao wearing a sling around his injured right shoulder.
    The picture, which appeared on Top Rank’s official Twitter page, shows Pacquiao smiling while nursing the injury which he reportedly suffered during an intense sparring session three weeks ago.

The tweet said: “@MannyPacquiao today in his hotel room. He injured his right shoulder sparring in training camp. It hasn’t healed.”
    An MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) scan revealed that he had a tear on the shoulder.

The Filipino boxer said that he could not use his right hand “100 percent” during the fight with Mayweather.
    Two hours before the fight, Pacquiao’s camp requested the Nevada Athletic Commission to allow him to inject painkillers but it was denied because it was already too close to the fight.

Despite the injury, Pacquiao fought the undefeated American fighter saying “he doesn’t want to make alibis.”

Mayweather won through unanimous decision and kept his professional boxing record unblemished.

http://sports.inquirer.net/180679/lo...right-shoulder
    Last edited by Ibarramedia; 05-05-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Page 217 of 240 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227 ... LastLast