Page 227 of 240 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3600
    OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    He did a job on porter and neutralized all of his offense.he is one of th best welters, but he needs to fight more relevant fights. the win over porter was great but follow it up with something substantial. You think he beats Thurman?

Word is, brook turned down a june date with miguel cotto.....
    Unless he was being offered insulting money and conditions I find it hard to believe he'd turn down Cotto. I don't think he'd have any trouble with the current version of Cotto.

I've always been very high on Thurman. I think he and Brook are the two best welterweights at the moment. Kind of a pickem fight to me but I'll go with Brook. Thurman has been hurt to the body and if Brook hurts him downstairs he'll be in trouble. Will be a good fight though if it happens. Let's see how he looks against Shawn Porter.

** Peeve of the day.. I really don't understand the use of these girls standing as statues at the weigh ins, in the ring before the fight, in the ring after the fight.... I don't even think they are the actual ring card girls used during the fight. At least the card girls give a little something, but if you notice, the camera barely picks them up in big fights, as the attention is in the corners.

I love looking at attractive women as anyone else does, especially the WAGS of the fighters themselves... who often look way better than these girls. And holding those smiles seems as torturous as standing there.

I guess its a way to get some notice, but I say leave it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In an odd way, despite GGG's dominance over Wade, I kinda felt he was the loser tonight..... He's still not getting the PPV dollars he craves, no one wants to fight him, and it feels like we're watching a remake of the "bum of the month club".

I could say his age could become a factor, but I won't, since he takes such little damage in the ring.

They compared him to Tyson and aptly so, but I hope unlike Tyson, he will stay focused and keep improving... but again it's hard against such unworthy competition.
    Last edited by PTB; 04-24-2016 at 12:05 AM.

OLYMPIAN

GGG - Yeah, he's 34. At some point age is going to creep up. For the time being, hopefully, and most likely he's getting good gym work between bum of the month fights. It is a shame. I wish Dana White could run boxing. This bullshit wouldn't be happening with Canelo fighting anyone not named GGG. GGG and HBO need to reach out to Danny Jacobs and Al Haymon along with Billy Joe Saunders and make those fights happen. The ring Magazine at some point will need to strip Canelo of his "title" and let GGG and the next highest ranked 160lb fighter fight for it. I'm ranting, but I'm frustrated with boxing and catch weights and politics. I did hear HBO throw the idea of GGG fighting Ramirez for a 168lb title.

McWilliams Arroyo made a good account of himself last night. He did about as well as someone can while being practically shut out. Chocolatito is something else. I want HBO to keep him busy so he gets to 50-0. Maybe when he gets to 49-0 Floyd will come out of retirement and someone will finally beat him.

"I didn't turn down Cotto. I'd walk to America to fight Miguel Cotto".
    -Kell Brook

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    GGG - Yeah, he's 34. At some point age is going to creep up. For the time being, hopefully, and most likely he's getting good gym work between bum of the month fights. It is a shame. I wish Dana White could run boxing. This bullshit wouldn't be happening with Canelo fighting anyone not named GGG. GGG and HBO need to reach out to Danny Jacobs and Al Haymon along with Billy Joe Saunders and make those fights happen. The ring Magazine at some point will need to strip Canelo of his "title" and let GGG and the next highest ranked 160lb fighter fight for it. I'm ranting, but I'm frustrated with boxing and catch weights and politics. I did hear HBO throw the idea of GGG fighting Ramirez for a 168lb title.

McWilliams Arroyo made a good account of himself last night. He did about as well as someone can while being practically shut out. Chocolatito is something else. I want HBO to keep him busy so he gets to 50-0. Maybe when he gets to 49-0 Floyd will come out of retirement and someone will finally beat him.

"I didn't turn down Cotto. I'd walk to America to fight Miguel Cotto".
    -Kell Brook
    LOL kell is hilarious. I read about it on fight hype....i dont doubt it. Hearn is crude businessman and is very focused on keeping money in the UK. He makes money there....sponsers, gate, etc......Kell crossed the water to win the title. He isnt going to go back there for chump change...

I am getting tired of he weight convo with canelo and GGG.....Canelo is giving GGG shit for fighting Wade. Well lets look at why. Canelo refused to fight him. Making his mandatory from one of the alphabet soups Turano Johnson (sp?) who got injured, and Wade was next in line....GGG has beat every other top middleweight not named danny jacobs, peter quillen, saunders....Who is he supposed to fight. and even if he is a shitty opponent, look at what goodboy did to him. I know for a fact they arent going to fight him. He will be stripped after the khan fight. GGG will fight some other fighter for the vacant title.....canelo will fight at his canelo weight......so i am with you on the frustration brother....

GGG has a KO% of 91%....Just signed with Jordan, did an add with apple.....Good boy is capitalizing....

168 is a big jump for GGG.....

Anthony Joshua is going to Concuss Dominic Brazeale....its the easiest of the top contenders right now, but he fights often so I'm not too bothered by it....Charles Martin wasnt even a fight.

OLYMPIAN

I agree about 168 being a big jump. I'd only do it for a really big fight. GGG isn't very big. He should stay at 160 and break Hopkins record before moving up. Hope Joshua continues to stay busy. He'll only get better by doing so.

I like Canelo, but he and Golden Boy are coming across as huge pussies and it will only be worse if and when he gets stripped. I'm not counting Khan out. He is so fleet of hand and foot that I can envision a scenario where he outpoints Canelo. Khan has also gotten sturdier as he's gone up in weight. In that regard, he reminds me of Oscar.
    Last edited by beefyfan; 04-27-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    I agree about 168 being a big jump. I'd only do it for a really big fight. GGG isn't very big. He should stay at 160 and break Hopkins record before moving up. Hope Joshua continues to stay busy. He'll only get better by doing so.

I like Canelo, but he and Golden Boy are coming across as huge pussies and it will only be worse if and when he gets stripped. I'm not counting Khan out. He is so fleet of hand and foot that I can envision a scenario where he outpoints Canelo. Khan has also gotten sturdier as he's gone up in weight. In that regard, he reminds me of Oscar.
    I thought the same thing about Khan....He's put on some good weight prepping for this fight, his body looks like oscar....still long and lean. Maybe he will take a bigger punch at 155.

Kovalev is fighting Chilemba in a couple months...good challenge, but Kovalev should stop him, just like everyone else.

The Dirrells are fighting tomorrow....who do you like?

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    I thought the same thing about Khan....He's put on some good weight prepping for this fight, his body looks like oscar....still long and lean. Maybe he will take a bigger punch at 155.

Kovalev is fighting Chilemba in a couple months...good challenge, but Kovalev should stop him, just like everyone else.

The Dirrells are fighting tomorrow....who do you like?
    Both Dirrells probably both by lackluster decisions. Chilemba is a solid contender, but he aint got nothing for the Krusher.
    Last edited by beefyfan; 04-29-2016 at 02:15 AM.

I never get swayed by fighters putting on weight and increasing punching power, nor enhancing ability to take a punch ... More times than not, I think it's innate.... GGG doesn't look like the most imposing guy, neither did Felix Trinidad, nor Hearns, but the ability to generate power seems to be more due do with their joints and ability to generate snap from the shoulder... Some guys like Foreman are just heavy handed - especially the 40+ George

OLYMPIAN

What I meant by being sturdier was not more punching power, but the ability to absorb shots better. Oscar went down against limited opposition during his start at 130lbs. With each move up, his legs got stronger and stronger. Oscar was extremely underrated in the chin department. Even though he was knocked down, he was never really hurt in his entire career. Except for the liver shot that Bernard hit him with. Back to my point, Amir Khan looks to have a much better set of legs at 147 than he did at 135. I hope he doesn't think he has to weigh 155 to fight Canelo. I think he should come in around 150 that way he will still be able to use his feet in this fight which is his key to victory. Canelo has great head movement and is good in tight but with Khans length and speed, I can see him outpointing Canelo over 12 rounds. That is not my official pick yet, I have to watch 24/7 first. LOL.

OLYMPIAN

PBC on FOx tonight.

I'll take Lara over Montiel
    Rodriguez by KO
    Berto over Orit. I don't trust Ortiz ever. Mental midget and should never have been given another opportunity on network television. Hopefully, Berto will deliver a highlight reel KO.

Later on Showtime....
    James Degeale by KO
    If Bute comes to fight, he will be a live dog against Badou Jack. Jack seems to have gotten better every time I see him. I'll take Jack by competitive, yet clear decision.

OLYMPIAN

1 for 1. Lara just destroyed Montiel. Can they please stop trying to force Montiel to be credible. He's been done for a couple years and he's gonna get hurt.

OLYMPIAN

2 for 3 aint bad. Rodriguez hopefully learned a lesson. Just because you have a good chin doesn't mean you have to prove it.

Victor Ortiz had better never, ever get another chance on television. What a pussy. The ultimate front runner and/or mental midget. Not exactly highlight reel, but solid stoppage for Berto.

Overall, very good card on primetime network tv. Step in the right direction for boxing and PBC. They need to keep this momentum going.

OLYMPIAN

Degeale vs Median = great fight; poor scorecards. I don't have a problem with Degeale winning, but the judges who had it 9-3 filled out their cards before the fight started or don't know that body punching counts. I had it 7-5 Medina but could see it 7-5 Degeale.

Excellent fight though.

If it can go wrong for Ortiz, it will.
    I thought actually he would flip the script, with the knock down despite the headbutt earlier in the fight... he looked good, then pow! He never takes a good shot, and comes totally unglued after s knockdown... May want to return to acting... he's got tools, but the head just isn't there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 227 of 240 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... LastLast