Page 243 of 243 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243
Results 3,631 to 3,634 of 3634

Rumor mill:

GGG-and GBP are negotiating for the rematch, but word on the street is that GBP put a call into the UFC. They are shopping Canelo-Mcgregor for May as Mcgregor is not going to want to fight until that time as well.

OLYMPIAN

Marvin along with Larry Holmes were my two favorite fighters of the 80's. But IMO he is just too small for Michael Spinks. Tommy Hearns put a lot of leather on Marvin and Michael Spinks was bigger and better.

Marvin and Qawi would be a slobber knocker for as long as it lasted. Qawi again just too massive for Marvin. Marvin wouldn't be able to hurt him or keep him off him. In a 15 round era, I think Dwight wears him down and stops him late or gets him on points.

Damn you two for making me pick against the Marvelous one.

I remember crying myself to sleep as a kid the night Larry Holmes "lost" to Spinks in the 1st fight. When Marvin "lost" to SRR, I just couldn't sleep but don't remember crying. LOL.

I have been a junkie of the boxing variety for years.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Rumor mill:

GGG-and GBP are negotiating for the rematch, but word on the street is that GBP put a call into the UFC. They are shopping Canelo-Mcgregor for May as Mcgregor is not going to want to fight until that time as well.
    This would be disgusting and would sour me and Canelo and Oscar forever.

I hope GGG goes ahead and fights Cotto in his swan song this December. He'll make good money and should be able to stop Miguel and really put the onus on GBP and Cuntello to make the rematch for May.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    This would be disgusting and would sour me and Canelo and Oscar forever.

I hope GGG goes ahead and fights Cotto in his swan song this December. He'll make good money and should be able to stop Miguel and really put the onus on GBP and Cuntello to make the rematch for May.
    Canelo confirmed that he is only interested in GGG for cinco de mayo
    David Lemieux confirmed that he is fighting on Dec 2 regardless of opponents. so thats one out for canelo thats not available....lemieux-cotto is a good fight.....not for cotto, but a good fight.

Your boxing IQ is far superior to mine so your picks are probably more realistic....Hagler's era was before my time. The only time I felt like you are describing when holmes lost, was when Tyson got stopped by Douglas....close second was when Jones Jr. got starched by Tarver. I was 5 when tyson got KO'd, and it was the equivalent of superman dying.

Page 243 of 243 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243