Page 202 of 240 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3600

Dan Rafael's division by division rankings:

He has Cotto as best middleweight over GGG... kinda funny since so many guys want no part of GGG... but I'm down with it if they want to get it on!! Megafight for sure!

Same for Stevenson at Light Heavy, who basically left HBO because he wants no part of #2 Kovalev.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ision-rankings

If Rafael put cotto there, its because martinez was the LINEAL champ...whilst GGG should be considered the best, cotto dethroned the man who beat the man, who beat the man, who beat the man....the ring magazine champ. I do think thats a "title"that should be respected. Cotto aint want nothing to do with GGG.....his next fight is Canelo in the spring...mark my words.

Stevenson has nothing now....left HBO to sign with haymon and potentially get a hopkins fight, but fights fonfara, doesnt look particularly good and doesnt want to fight anyone now.....kovalev steps up to fight the old master....

I have bought and paid for the last 4-5 mayweather and pacman ppvs (not pacman rios tho) just because I like supporting the sport and I prefer a dedicated 1080p broadcast....if a stream dies in the middle of the fight.....something will get broken.

As per Ray Rice.....I think he deserved getting axed like that BUT the NFL had a policy of 2 games for the first offense....which this was for rice.....the tape gets out....and because we can put a picture to the crime, he is done....it is inconsistent with its policies, but too many NFL players abuse their spouses, an example has to be made.....ray rice is a star, but not above the law....
    If his reasoning was along those lines then i can understand what floyd is saying, but i disagree with him and he is the LAST person who should be commenting on this.....times like this he should shut the fuck up....

Ms. Jackson is suing floyd for a long list of reasons....abuse, stalking....the timing of the suit is very questionable....floyd keeps some incredibly hot women around him, hopefully he knows what hes doing there....its too easy to make bad decisions with that many beautiful consenting women around.....

I've paid for Manny's fights out of principle and because I support him. I bought other fights but never bought Floyd's fights.

Floyd has a history of domestic abuse, even doing jail time for it. The NFL suspending Ray Rice is a step in the right direction. No one else saw that 2nd video that surfaced monday. The Revel hotel had ceased operating since september 2,2014 and I think an employee obtained that footage prior to their last days of work. He obviously wanted to get paid on his way out. Doing this while the hotel was still operating would have meant his job. Of all people, Floyd should definitely keep his mouth shut about this. The message has been sent. Domestic abuse won't be tolerated.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Ibarramedia View Post
    I've paid for Manny's fights out of principle and because I support him. I bought other fights but never bought Floyd's fights.

Floyd has a history of domestic abuse, even doing jail time for it. The NFL suspending Ray Rice is a step in the right direction. No one else saw that 2nd video that surfaced monday. The Revel hotel had ceased operating since september 2,2014 and I think an employee obtained that footage prior to their last days of work. He obviously wanted to get paid on his way out. Doing this while the hotel was still operating would have meant his job. Of all people, Floyd should definitely keep his mouth shut about this. The message has been sent. Domestic abuse won't be tolerated.
    and it shouldn't.....

Last night's fight played out pretty much as i expected, but a lot less entertaining than I had hoped for. Floyd moved, pot shotted and controlled the action for the majority of the fight....stayed off the ropes, worked angles, countered well....He got ROCKED by that one right hand at the end of the 3rd or 4th i think it was, but that was it....maidana was less active, maybe strategy, maybe kenny bayless.....i didnt get what the point deduction was for, but there was little chance to work on the inside...whilst money clearly won this fight by a wider margin then the first fight, he didnt look particularly good....being able to counter and pot shot a slow plodding brawler like maidana isnt THAT impressive....he still got caught with jabs, and at times, maidana was fainting the jab to get floyd to counter and then try to catch him coming in....he is slowing down and to me, i showed more in this fight than any....

OLYMPIAN

I'll admit my theory that Floyd carried him in the 1st fight probably wasn't the case. The rematch sucked. Kenny Bayless was horrible. He took away Maidana's inside game from the get go. Didn't warn Floyd once for excessive clinching. Tying up on the inside is one thing, but Floyd was initiating clinches every chance he got. All in all, the fight sucked as I expected. We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that Maidana is the same guy who got paint jobbed by Devon Alexander a couple years ago. GOAT? Hysterical. Imagine what Duran, Leonard, Hearns and McCallum would have done with Maidana or Floyd for that matter. Add Benitez to that mix as well. At this rate, Floyd can go to 60-0 and as long as it is the likes of Maidana, Ortiz and Guerrero his resume will be incomplete. He has to fight Manny before he retires or it's all for nothing.

His two fights next year if not against Manny, have to be against Khan, Thurman, Brook or even Porter if he gets a good win under his belt. Khan is a stylistic nightmare for Floyd, especially if his legs are going. Thurman is a beast and can do everything. I don't have any faith that Floyd will fight Thurman. Khan will probably happen in May and hopefully Manny in the fall next year.

I won't be holding my breath.

Overall very weak card for $65 pricetag.

I thought Floyd won easily and didn't think Maidana won more than 2 rounds... scorecards were way too close.. despite unanimous decison plus the point deduction for Maidana.

A fight with Thurman sounds good on paper but I think Floyd would pick him apart... Thurman can be a bit reckless and takes a shot to land one... his heavy hands would be of no use if he can find Floyd.

Porter may be his best option IF pacquiao doesn't happen
    Last edited by PTB; 09-14-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Floyd just kept running away. I was disgusted at this. A little love tap here and there to win by scoring points then running away. I will post some pics and videos, articles later.

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Roman Gonzalez vs. Akira Yaegashi

Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Giovani Segura

Carlos Jacobo vs Cristian Mijares and Milan Melindo vs Gallo Estrada

Donnie Nietes vs Moisés Fuentes

Floyd Mayweather: So, Who’s Next?

So, Who’s Next?

It’s that time again. Floyd Mayweather has just cruised his way to another victory and the question of who’s next for the pound for pound king is popping up. Truth be told, Mayweather’s options for a true superfight are very small. So small, in fact, that one name and one name only fits the qualifications: Manny Pacquiao.I know, I know, you’re sick of hearing about a potential matchup between Manny and Floyd. Mayweather seems bored with the conversation himself – which means the fight’s not going to happen.

It also means Mayweather is probably going to have a question mark hanging over his legacy, but no matter. He clearly feels greatness can be defined by a lack of defeats and that’s all there is to it.With that sad thought in mind, then, it’s time to move on. Many seem to feel that Amir Khan is the next logical choice for a Mayweather battle. I could be wrong about this, but I get the distinct feeling Floyd will be happy to lave Amir at the altar over and over again. Why this is, I don’t know. Perhaps Khan’s speed makes Mayweather a bit nervous.Or perhaps Mayweather just feels Khan won’t connect with his fan base here in the Western Hemisphere (if that’s the case, he might be right).

Whatever the true reason is, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Khan being left high and dry yet again once all is said and done.Keith Thurman is certainly someone who excites people. Yet his fan base isn’t all that big yet. He’s also still growing as a fighter (though that may be all the more reason for an aging Floyd to want to face him in the ring). Ultimately, though, Thurman’s name just isn’t ready to be in lights yet, and that will probably take the man out of the running.

Of course people are now talking about the rejuvenated Miguel Cotto rematching Mayweather at some point down the road. That’s a possibility, of course, but a slim one. For one thing, Cotto will probably be battling Canelo Alvarez around the time of Mayweather’s next fight in the spring. For another, Cotto looked so good against Sergio Martinez that Mayweather may want to see if Cotto’s sudden growth spurt as a boxer is legitimate or just a fluke. And that may take one or two more Cotto bouts to decipher.Frankly, I could imagine both Kell Brook, and Danny Garcia being in Mayweather’s sights.

Garcia has been so coddled as of late, one would think he was a protected class of citizen. What’s more, the man is enormously popular, ready to move up to welterweight and…perhaps most important of all, is infinitely beatable. A Garcia-Mayweather match would probably look a lot like the Mayweather-Alvarez fight. And that may be exactly what Mayweather’s hoping for right now.As for Brook, I can easily see him getting the call to meet Floyd next spring. He surprised the boxing world by beating Shawn Porter (though it shouldn’t have been all that big a shock), which means a Mayweather-Brook bout would be a title unifer. What’s more, the Cinderella angle can be played with Brook – something that can’t be played with Khan. And, last; though perhaps certainly not least, Mayweather would beat Brook easily. Of course in the end Mayweather could surprise everyone.

I gave him credit for rematching Maidana last Saturday. Say what you will, the Argentine is never going to be an easy opponent for anyone. If Mayweather was a coward, as some foolishly accuse him of being, he would have moved on to a softer target after the first Maidana bout. The fact of the matter is that Mayweather is far from a coward. He just tends to be too cautious in his choice of foes. And that’s too bad.For the guy is something else when he’s plying his trade in the ring.

http://www.boxinginsider.com/columns...her-whos-next/

Humberto Soto vs. John Molina, Jr.

HBO's Lampley Slams Mayweather, Draws Criticism

Posted by: Keith Idec on 9/17/2014 .

By Keith Idec

Jim Lampley’s show-closing criticism of Floyd Mayweather Jr. on the newest episode of his HBO show late Tuesday night left Lampley a target of widespread criticism on Twitter and other social media sites Wednesday.
    The HBO blow-by-blow announcer asserted in his final comments on “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” that there’s no place in boxing for Mayweather’s increasingly boorish behavior and added the sport’s pound-for-pound king couldn’t retire soon enough. Boxing fans and writers have denounced Lampley’s assessment as an agenda-driven attack because Mayweather, once HBO’s flagship fighter, performs exclusively on Showtime as part of a six-fight, 30-month contract he signed with CBS, Showtime’s parent company, in February 2013.

Critics also have lambasted Lampley as a hypocrite because he mentioned Mayweather’s repulsive reaction to besmirched Ravens running back Ray Rice’s season-long suspension and alluded to Mayweather’s 61-day incarceration following a September 2010 domestic violence incident. Those critics have pointed out Lampley pleaded no-contest to violating a restraining order in February 2007 that was issued following his arrest in January 2007, when his then-fiancee, Candice Sanders, alleged he attacked her at her apartment in Encinitas, Calif.

Lampley was sentenced to three years of probation and 40 hours of community service, fined and admitted into a domestic violence counseling program after he pled no-contest to violating the aforementioned restraining order. Charges were not filed against Lampley, however, based on Sanders’ allegations because investigators didn’t find sufficient evidence to support her claims.

Lampley praised Mayweather earlier in Tuesday night’s episode for his convincing victory over Marcos Maidana in their welterweight championship rematch Saturday night in Las Vegas. He later unloaded on Mayweather, as the show came to its conclusion.

“Floyd Mayweather long ago made clear he isn’t trying to please the entire available audience,” Lampley said. “And through concentrated, money-harvested, pay-per-view distribution, he has convincingly established he can do it his way, generate a kind of appeal not all of us will ever understand and attract an income that out-distances those of polite golfers and friendly, smiling auto racers. Some would say, more power to him.

But if the goal is to push the limits of public taste to the point where the overwhelming preponderance of consumers simply wash their hands and want nothing to do with him or his fights, his blith comment to the effect the NFL was overreacting to a videotape by supsending Ray Rice [for the season] was probably a pretty good start. And his garbled apology did little to remove the stench.

“This was the absolute height of heaving a rock out of a glass house. And if he honestly thinks he can offer that kind of love to Rice, without offending significant numbers of fans and observers, he’s wrong. The fact is, unbeaten record or not, consummate skill notwithstanding, Floyd Mayweather is an often aggressively distasteful human being, whose behaviors are a blight on the boxing landscape. He also said last week he will retire from the ring at the completion of his six-fight, CBS/Showtime contract. And in responding to the result of his most recent win earlier in the show, we ignored that, because it won’t happen. But if it did, no damage would accrue to boxing.

Fact is, for the betterment of boxing’s image, Floyd Mayweather’s retirement cannot come a moment too soon.”
    Keith Idec covers boxing for The Record and Herald News, of Woodland Park, N.J., and BoxingScene.com. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...table&id=82260

Soto vs molina and the roman Gonzalez fight were....wait for it.....SLOBBERKNOCKERS!!! I didnt think soto could bang at 140 since he started at low low weight classes and because he got completely iced by lucas...but he ate like 50 right hands from molina and didnt even blink...threw combinations and backed molina up...dope performance

I dont know what the point of that lampley tirade was.....he always praised mayweather when he was with hbo....whilst the comments about ray rice were stupid....despising mayweather for his performance is dumb when he spent so long discussing how he waa the best.

Page 202 of 240 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast