Page 235 of 240 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3600

I dont understand Garcia.....this guy he is fighting is a no-body.....he could have at least fought a prospect from 140 or someone with a pulse at 147....he cannot back away from the cherry imojis/memes anymore....him and his dad are clowns....IMO if he fights khan again, khan wins if he can not get stupid again. I've probably said this before, but Lucas was Danny's career fight....he has done fuck all since.

Haymon has been paying his fighters with "funny money" since PBC inception. HE has backers and investors in the franchise, and payment isnt based on viewership.....the cards have sucked for the most part. He is serving food to prospects or putting on shitty fights. The model doesnt work, and if the francise tanks its bad for boxing, but maybe it will push promoters in the right direction.

Pacman vs Vargas isnt terrible and Kovalev vs Ward is the kind of fight that would usually get marred in red tape bullshit by promoters, so I am gratful for those fights. Loma vs Nic Walters should be a banger as well.....I'd be inclined to pick loma in that fight just because walters loads up too much and Loma's work rate and angles canmake landing that big shot next to impossible.

Estrada starting for the jays....should be interesting. I believe we can win tho whole thing, but this series is more winable than a matchup with any of the teams from the NL.

Thurman/Garcia signed for March 12, 2017!
    http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/201...rst-on-nov-12/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PTB View Post
    Thurman/Garcia signed for March 12, 2017!
    http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/201...rst-on-nov-12/

Well he has to fight someone after fighting another dud. he mentioned fighting canelo in an interview earlier today....lets see what happens.

Bernard Hopkins has booked his swan song. 12 rounds against Joe Smith Jr. (the dude who knocked out Andrez FonFara in one round). December 17th.......Smith is a power puncher, but those are the guys hopkins dices up.....has more balls than his philladelphia counterpart (Danny Garcia). Way to go B-Hop.

OLYMPIAN

I was so high on Danny Garcia at one time but since Lucas he's been pathetic. Plus, his fight with Mauricio Herrera wasn't even close. Danny lost 8 or 9 rounds.

Anthony Joshua and Wlad looks like a done deal for December 10th. If the same Wlad that fought Fury shows up he's getting knocked out quick. If Wlad can channel his inner Berard Hopkins and put on one more good if not great performance, he can reclaim his titles and would be a perfect time for him to retire. For the sake of heavyweight boxing, we need Anthony Joshua to win and be impressive in doing so.

A worksman effort by Pacquiao Saturday night... The speed was mostly there, but I felt he was a bit tentative in letting his hands go.. lots of movement, but not as much action as we've seen before... Vargas I thought was the heavier puncher and landed decent on Pacman, but Pacman took them well.

In case you missed it, here's the full fight:
    https://youtu.be/-O8x057lLnE

OLYMPIAN

No interest in anything Pacquiao these days. His politics coupled with his non effort versus Mayweather has turned me off forever. I want to see him take a beating the likes of the one he gave Oscar. As for his performance the other night. Solid, not spectacular. He still remains a good fighter. But no where near great. Still quick, of both hand and foot but his output is very, very low.

@Dee - How do I become a Canadian citizen? This Donald Trump nightmare is coming to life and I don't want to be here anymore. Windsor would still put me and my wife at a reasonable driving distance to our current jobs. Help a brother out.

Kovalev vs Ward: WARD NEW CHAMPION - 114-113 on all 3 cards.

Personally, I had Kovalev by 2 rounds. He easily dominated the first 5 rounds, including a 2nd round knockdown. I thought Andre won the 2nd half of the fight, but there were a lot of close rounds that could have went either way. I thought Kovalev won at least 2 of the last 6 rounds.... rounds 11 and 12.

Kovalev's power was neutralized in the 2nd half of the fight, in part to the sneaky body shots that Ward threw, particularly in and during clinches. With him slowing down, Ward became a more elusive target, where Kovalev could not mount a sustained attack, nor land decent combinations, but shots here and there.... STILL, I thought with his early lead, and his work in the 2nd half was enough.

Hope there's a quick rematch... but with Ward... it may take a while.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by PTB View Post
    Kovalev vs Ward: WARD NEW CHAMPION - 114-113 on all 3 cards.

Personally, I had Kovalev by 2 rounds. He easily dominated the first 5 rounds, including a 2nd round knockdown. I thought Andre won the 2nd half of the fight, but there were a lot of close rounds that could have went either way. I thought Kovalev won at least 2 of the last 6 rounds.... rounds 11 and 12.

Kovalev's power was neutralized in the 2nd half of the fight, in part to the sneaky body shots that Ward threw, particularly in and during clinches. With him slowing down, Ward became a more elusive target, where Kovalev could not mount a sustained attack, nor land decent combinations, but shots here and there.... STILL, I thought with his early lead, and his work in the 2nd half was enough.

Hope there's a quick rematch... but with Ward... it may take a while.
    Not much to add. Not a robbery but Ward was given every benefit of the doubt. Cannot believe his people allowed for 3 American judges and an American referee. I had it 7-5 also for Kovalev. I thought he won the first half of the fight cleaner than Ward won the second half. Even in the 2nd half, he hurt Ward on a few occasions. Ward never hurt him.

Who cares? A big fight delivered. Boxing needed this. Now, they need the rematch to happen ASAP. Within 6 months.

Both guys stay in the top 5 p4p rankings. Neither one passes Chocolatito.

OLYMPIAN

Just rewatched the Ward v Kovalev fight. Still a bad decision. Not a robbery but no way Ward swept the final six rounds. No way.

Nicolas Walters just quit after 6 rounds vs Lomachenko. Unless he is severely injured which it doesn't appear to be the case, no network should ever give him the time of day.

Lomachenko is a stud. Pound 4 pound might be the best. It is a shame that he and Rigo couldn't have met at 126. Will be interesting to see if he ends up fighting Manny or Crawford next year.

Ward-Kovalev
    - IMO kovalev won, but it was a close fight, not crying over the decision. Ward is a nice guy but he talks a fair bit of shit with regards to this fight. Kovalev dropped him, but also staggered him multiple times and ward look at times more befuddled in this fight than in any previous fight where he just mugged guys. Ward started neutralizing sergeys power and distance, worked him on the inside, outjabbed him, and had some good body work. Close decision, kovalev should havekept on the gas pedal and out worked ward more. IF they rematch, which im srue ward will try to get out of, ward will prob win convincingly as he knows what to do now.....great fight tho.

Loma was an artist tonight. in and out, side to side, he took the power and reach away from a dangerous fighter. Threw in combination. Walters gave up on himself, he said he got hit with a lot of shots, but even still if you have that kind of power, you stay in the fight and throw.....If he was really hurt I get it, but it seemed like his ego was more hurt than himself....

SOrry about trump guys (not sure if PTB is a supporter of trump or not, not trying to be disrespectful or political at all). Being Canadian and having just come back from a vacation in europe (England and Italy), everyone in those countries assumed I was american (lack of an accent) and asked me about the election. They cant understand how someone like trump could win.....and I couldnt really explain. If you come to Canada, Fight Nights are on me for the forseeable future

OLYMPIAN

Simply put, Trump won because white america is racist as fuck. There, I'll get political. LOL.

well, I will get political too....and again. Im not american so if I sound biased, I apologize.

Its downright scary to think someone like trump can win an election and lead the free world.
    From a business standpoint, I can understand it. He is a businessman, and if you own a business or are wealthy its in your interest to vote for someone like him, and if he RAN HIS CAMPAIGN BASED OFF HIS BUSINESS ACUMEN, I would have thought he was a great candidate.

But the disrespectful rhetoric, racism, sexism, ignorance, lack of diplomacy......many brits I encountered on my trip, after asking me if I was american would say "Thank god. Americans must be stupid to elect someone like trump." To me, it seems that that is where american values lie.....and again....as a person who is a visable minority, that is scary.....

Seems like a lifetime ago when Jay-z Beyonce and Sean Combs were at the enoguration ceremony for President Obama and one of the songs on constant rotation in my phone was Young Jeezy's "my president is black".....but here we are.

Again, I dont assume I know All the nuances and intricacies of american politics....I am an outsider and my opinion may not be accurate.

I'm Canadian and Justin Trudeau is my Prime Minister, and I'm happy about that

Not a fan of Trump, but he won fair and square.. bottom line he knew the buttons to push and the whistles to blow to stir a "silent majority " that felt neglected for some time. I never quite felt he has an ideology, which enables him to change his tune on a dime, but he has a huge ego.

The biggest problem which he and his supporters may face is when he realizes he's not a CEO and can only do so much with s stroke of his pen.... that his bombast will only go far, and that hw will have a limited amount of political capital.

Honestly, I'm more concerned with his cabinet selections than Trump himself.

I consider myself a political junkie, but I've tuned out most media since the election... I probably won't watch the inauguration... but it will be interesting

OLYMPIAN

I agree with PTB. He is not an idealogue but his cabinet starting with his VP is scary. Too Dee's point about him being a business man, to me that is a horrible reason to elect someone. I'm not saying this is Dee's position just to be clear. The way businesses are run is not how I want my country run. A country is about people not a product. Plus, Trump has been a sleezebag in the business world. He's filed multiple bankruptcies and stiffed many, many people out of their hard earned money. This whole thing to me is surreal. I hope that he tacks to the center as he did most of his life but given the people (pieces of shit) he's surrounded himself with, I fear that we are in for a real catastrophe. I'm thinking the worst of Ronald Reagan(destruction of the middle class with no regard for labor) and George W. Bush (foreign policy that has devastating effects the world over). God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    I agree with PTB. He is not an idealogue but his cabinet starting with his VP is scary. Too Dee's point about him being a business man, to me that is a horrible reason to elect someone. I'm not saying this is Dee's position just to be clear. The way businesses are run is not how I want my country run. A country is about people not a product. Plus, Trump has been a sleezebag in the business world. He's filed multiple bankruptcies and stiffed many, many people out of their hard earned money. This whole thing to me is surreal. I hope that he tacks to the center as he did most of his life but given the people (pieces of shit) he's surrounded himself with, I fear that we are in for a real catastrophe. I'm thinking the worst of Ronald Reagan(destruction of the middle class with no regard for labor) and George W. Bush (foreign policy that has devastating effects the world over). God help us.
    What I meant was if he ran as a person who built himself up ad a successful business man and wanted other americans to build a like for himself like he did.
    The American Dream!!!

He has fucked people and governments out of a lot of money in building his empire. This isnt a secret.

The cabinet he is organizing is horrifying.....these guys seem like the type of guys current admin under obama laugh at as irratic losers....and now, they are going have those high end jobs.....

Page 235 of 240 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237 ... LastLast