Page 232 of 240 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 3600
    OLYMPIAN

Update: If anyone didn't realize what a bad ass Terence Crawford is, they had better do so now. At 147 and below, I would not favor anyone over him. He is the ultimate 5 tool fighter (if such a thing existed). Mean motherfucker too. If Manny fights him this fall, I'll have respect for Manny again, but this will be the end of Manny if he gets into the ring with "Bud".

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    Update: If anyone didn't realize what a bad ass Terence Crawford is, they had better do so now. At 147 and below, I would not favor anyone over him. He is the ultimate 5 tool fighter (if such a thing existed). Mean motherfucker too. If Manny fights him this fall, I'll have respect for Manny again, but this will be the end of Manny if he gets into the ring with "Bud".
    Big win for him....Postol was lost. He's good....if I were to criticize anything about this performance, it would be that he could have stopped postol, but he didnt. all that movement was not always necessary. He could have stayed in the pocket and made it more entertaining. but great win for him....my only concerns is that he is small for 147.....cant go any higher....but he looked great here.

Oscar Valdez looked like a monster and earned himself a belt for it. (the belt dropped my Lomanchenko as he is moving upto 130).

Santa Cruz vs Frampton this saturday....who you got? I saw Leo swarms him. Frampton aint bad....but Leo is more of a fighter than he is used to

OLYMPIAN

I'm with you, I think Santa Cruz mauls him and forces a stoppage sometime after the 7th round.

Yeah, 147 might be Crawfords limit but I think he's gonna be a monster there. He's not great at any one thing but he's very good at everything. I see a lot of Marvin Hagler in this guy. Can't wait to see him again. I think he has more to show. As the competition gets stiffer, I predict we'll see him look better and better.

I agree with most of that. @ 147 he is going to have problems finding an opponent with that performance. I wont say he is the best yet, but in the ring its hard to pick against him.....you think he beats tim bradley? I think that would be a great fight.

Ruslan is considering retiring. I think he needs to re-tool his approach. he will always lose to someone who can box moderately well, but will out-brawl anyone who goes toe to toe with him.

OLYMPIAN

Bradley and Crawford are really tight so I cannot envision that fight happening. They've both said as much. But, if they fought, I think Crawford wins. There are some similarities between the two for sure, but everything that Bradley does well, Crawford does a little better. Crawford is a downright mean dude. I say all this as a huge Tim Bradley fan. If Tim Bradley could punch, he'd be Marvin Hagler.

If Crawford fights again at 140, I want it to be against Broner cuz I think Crawford ends him.

Broner isnt fighting anyone with a pulse.....plus, hes in jail for showing up late to a court date, where the judge was going to LET HIM OFF for his charges if he'd just shown up on time....Wasteman

Tim bradley is a good fighter, it would be a close fight. He moves just as well, doesnt have as much pop as crawford, but is an accurate fighter with a good jab. If i were to give him an advantage it would be heart.....unless you bring a gun to the ring, you arent stopping timmy bradley.

Was just re-watching Erik Morales vs Maidana......was a great fight.....dare i say....a SLOBBERKNOCKER.....maidana loading up, morales timing these seemless combinations with one eye closed. He was in his late thirties in this fight and took a young slugger the distance....Morales was a baaaaad man.

OLYMPIAN

I agree. I did not like Erik Morales early on because he was "given" the first fight against Marco. But make no mistake, he was a hell of a fighter with as much heart as anyone whose ever stepped into a ring. His victory over Manny was a hell of a performance. Too bad he was a coke head and undisciplined between fights. He may have gotten into JCC territory.

I wish he and Juan Manuel Marquez would have fought. What a shame. I'd go with El Terrible in his prime over JMM at 126. They should have not only fought, but fought more than once.

As it stands, I think Marco was the best of the 3. I thought he was hosed against JMM when they fought.

OLYMPIAN

Broner is a piece of shit. I just want to see him knocked out.

i didnt know morales had issues with drugs. at 126, he would have gave JMM fits....although is offensive style woudl work for juans counters, he doesnt rush in like manny, he can throw from a distance. Even the first fight with danny garcia...what was the age difference there. Danny had to load the fuck up on that left hook to drop him in the first fight and he still got up....wasnt so lucky in the 2nd fight.

Manny is coming back....who does he fight?
    Crawford? I say vargas....knowing arums in-house tactics

Frampton showed up ready to go to war.....never seen santa cruz get stunned like that. close fight, but frampton pulled it out. big powershots. santa cruz didnt use his reach advantage. both slugging power shots. frampton has some stones man....good win for him.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    i didnt know morales had issues with drugs. at 126, he would have gave JMM fits....although is offensive style woudl work for juans counters, he doesnt rush in like manny, he can throw from a distance. Even the first fight with danny garcia...what was the age difference there. Danny had to load the fuck up on that left hook to drop him in the first fight and he still got up....wasnt so lucky in the 2nd fight.

Manny is coming back....who does he fight?
    Crawford? I say vargas....knowing arums in-house tactics
    I think Erik would have won a unanimous decision against JMM at 126. Your right, Danny Garcia had to bail himself out in their first fight. An old Erik took Maidana to the brink as well. Erik Morales was a legit bad ass.

I agree, Manny probably fights Vargas.

ward brand was a snoozefest but ward did what he does.....this dude throws 3 right hands a round man....needs to stop being so conservative. Kovalev might outwork him.

Crawford and danny garcia are taking shots at eachother on twitter.....danny talking because he knows he is never going to fight him.....garcia is already almost confirmed to fight berto....in a fight that doesnt mean much.

Pacquiao confirms he is fighting vargas in November.

Dream Scenario...
    Pacman Ice's Vargas in 3 rds, looks like he never left. Floyd comes out of retirement to get that strap and that guap.....they both leave it all in the ring a la' the Ali-Frazier3....

......a guy can dream right?

OLYMPIAN

ward brand was a snoozefest but ward did what he does.....this dude throws 3 right hands a round man....needs to stop being so conservative. Kovalev might outwork him.

Crawford and danny garcia are taking shots at eachother on twitter.....danny talking because he knows he is never going to fight him.....garcia is already almost confirmed to fight berto....in a fight that doesnt mean much.
    The best thing for boxing is a Kovalev win. Ward is great, but boring as hell.

I agree that Danny and Crawford will probably never fight. I think Danny would fight him though if there weren't so many politics and pissing matches going on. I'd pick Crawford to win wide or use Danny's aggression against him and get the stoppage late.

OLYMPIAN

Pacquiao confirms he is fighting vargas in November.

Dream Scenario...
    Pacman Ice's Vargas in 3 rds, looks like he never left. Floyd comes out of retirement to get that strap and that guap.....they both leave it all in the ring a la' the Ali-Frazier3....

......a guy can dream right?
    LOL @ putting anything Mayweather into the realm of Ali-Frazier. Yes pal, that is a dream.
    I expect Pacman to win and probably not lose a round to Vargas. This is a shit match up. Hopefully Manny will stop him. If Manny looks good and Canelo is not going to fight GGG until September 2017, that would be a great Cinco De Mayo PPV. Canelo vs Pacman. I would not count a Manny points win out in that match up either. As long as Manny still has his legs, he will have a shot.

Can you think of another fight in boxing other than Manny-Mayweather2 that would generate the kind of money they'll make? For either guy? Canelo will make more fighting Manny than GGG.
    Last edited by beefyfan; 08-10-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Page 232 of 240 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234 ... LastLast