Page 210 of 240 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3600

'Chris, I’m letting you out of the cage' What Algieri's trainer said after the 10th round (and SIX knock downs) during defeat by Manny Pacquiao

Chris Algieri was comprehensively beaten by Manny Pacquiao in Macau. So one sided was the fight that one of the judges had the Filipino star winning all 12 rounds and winning the fight 120-102.

But it seems not everyone saw it that way, Algieri's team kept telling their fighter that he was on top in the fight.

The delusional state of Team Algieri is revealed by quotes from his old kick-boxing now world- title- boxing trainer, Tim Lane, overheard in the corner between rounds:

End of round three, after first knock downs: ‘You’re doing beautiful man. Keep it up.’
    End of round seven, following another knock-down: ‘This is where we want to be.’
    During round nine, seconds before the heaviest knock down: ‘Chris is going to put him to sleep in a few minutes.’
    End of round nine: ‘We are exactly where we need to be.’ (Presumably flat on his back.)
    End of round 10: ‘Chris, I’m letting you out of the cage.’
    End of round 11, at 17 points behind with one round to go: ‘Hit him in the body and stay on his ass. This is The Chris Algieri Show.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...-Pacquiao.html
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Manny Pacquiao vs Chris Algieri (full fight) Russian Version

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Manny Pacquiao vs Chris Algieri (full fight) TV Azteca Version

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by DMX View Post
    i think algeri could be competitive with that top 10 other than floyd and manny . But that's not saying I think he could beat them . But with a new trainer, who knows. I wouldn't mind seeing how algeri vs Bradley would shape up . Both have no power and both can box
    I agree with this mostly. I give him no shot against Floyd or Manny and little to no shot against Thurman and Brook. Against everyone else in the top 10, he's a very live dog. In fact, I'd pick him to outpoint Marquez if they were to fight. I just think his movement and size at this stage of Marquez career would be a nightmare.

Roman Gonzalez vs Rocky Fuentes full fight 11-22-2014

Scott Quigg vs Hidenori Otake full fight 10-22-2014

Chad Dawson vs Tommy Karpency full fight 10-04-2014

Felix Sturm vs Robert Stieglitz full fight 11-08-2014

HTW

OLYMPIAN

Terrence Crawford: Best lightweight since Shane Mosley. As far as 140 goes? The only guy I'd favor to beat him at 140 would be Manny but it would be very competitive and it's a fight Manny could lose. Yes, I think he beats both Danny Garcia and Lucas Matthysee. I hope they don't pussy foot around with him at 140. I'd do Ruslan in the spring, Lucas in the summer and either Manny or Danny Garcia in the fall. If he were to run the tables, he'd be ready for 147 in 2016 and challenging for the p4p title.

I'm sure Manny would not mind fighting Crawford. He will take on anybody. I know talks have ramped up again between his possible next opponent. But I will only believe it when I see the ringwalk and the go through the first round. Even if they sign the contracts and go through the press tour, he could still back out of it. So in the meantime I like to see him fight anybody out there. Just line them up.

Crawford has a very good record beating previously unbeaten Yuriorkis Gamboa and Ricky Burns a double weight champion.

Crawford can sure box.... plus he has an aggressive attitude and toughness that refuses to let anyone get an advantage on him.. he got hit with some good shots Saturday night, but he always responded with some fury of his own.. I'm not sure of his power at 147, but he certainly had enough to make others respect him.

I think he would easily beat Ruslan and make him a bloody mess... like Rocky's fights with Creed.

I do think Danny Garcia would be his toughest test at 140... and I would give that contest a toss up going in.... I don't however given Danny's "interesting" strategy as of late that he'd get in the ring with him
    Last edited by PTB; 12-01-2014 at 08:44 AM.

OLYMPIAN

Danny Garcia vs Terrence Crawford is the best fight to make at 140. Period. Sure would be nice to see them fight on the undercard of Manny and Floyd or Even Canelo and Cotto.

Yesterday, I think was the 30th anniversary of a great doubleheader. Marvin Hagler vs Vito Antifermo on the same card as Leonard vs Benitez.

I hope the love affair between Oscar and the Bobfather lasts and we get back to cards like this. Even if it's PPV, at least it would approach being worthy of such a price.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    Danny Garcia vs Terrence Crawford is the best fight to make at 140. Period. Sure would be nice to see them fight on the undercard of Manny and Floyd or Even Canelo and Cotto.

Yesterday, I think was the 30th anniversary of a great doubleheader. Marvin Hagler vs Vito Antifermo on the same card as Leonard vs Benitez.

I hope the love affair between Oscar and the Bobfather lasts and we get back to cards like this. Even if it's PPV, at least it would approach being worthy of such a price.

It was the 35th anniversary of that great double header in Ceasar's Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. Sugar Ray Leonard won the WBC and Ring Welterweight Title via tko 2:54 of the 15th round. That was his first world title and his record was 26-0. Marvelous Marvin Hagler fought Vito Antuofermo for the WBC,WBA and Ring Middleweight title resulting in a draw. His record was 47-2-2

OLYMPIAN

I'm going to have to put a missing persons report out soon on Dee and PTB.

Recent fights/fighters that haven't been discussed.

Terrence Crawford: In my eyes he's one of the 10 best fighters on the planet right now.
    Gradovich vs Velez: Was an excellent fight. I personally had no problem with the draw.

David Lemieux: Very good win against Rosado and damn he hits hard. That's the worst I've seen Gabe hurt and that includes GGG. He seems to have improved if not solved his stamina issue. Might not have a granite chin (few do) but he didn't wilt when Gabe hit him back.

Gabe Rosado: Needs to put together some confidence building wins. If Golden Boy cared about him, they would line up some lower level competition for next year and build him back into a top 10 contender. Which is possible, because his trainer Jesse Reid is one of my all time favorites. The type of guy where if you had a son who was a fighter, you'd want Reid looking out for him.

On to this weekends fights/predictions...

Erislandy Lara vs. Ishe Smith - Fight will suck balls and Lara wins an easy decision.

Tim Bradley vs. Diego Chaves - The Bradley that beat Marquez probably doesn't lose a round. The Bradley that fought Ruslan will gut out a decision and make for a fight of the year candidate. I say he wins handily and fights the right fight.

Matt Korobov vs. Andy Lee - Korobov has yet to impress me, but does carry power. That will most likely be the undoing of Andy Lee. I can envision Lee doing the Tommy Hearns chicken dance like he did in the 3rd round against Hagler. Lee brings it though, so it could be good while it lasts. I'll go with Korobov by late stoppage TKO.

Mauricio Herrera vs. Jose Benavidez - Cannot remember seeing Benavidez fight therefore I'm left to go with Herrera who should be defending the Ring Jr. Welterweight Championship that he was blatantly fucked out of against Danny Garcia.

Amir Khan vs. Devon Alexander - This is the toughest pick for me this weekend. I'll go with Khan by decision based on his excellent outing against Collazo and Alexanders poor showing against Porter.

Keith Thurman vs. Leonard Bundu - Haven't seen Bundu, but Thurman is the heir apparent in my opinion. He is a top 5 welterweight right now. I'd favor him to beat Marquez easily. Beat Bradley in a very good, competitive scrap, give Manny hell, if not beat him and even money with Kell Brook. Won't mention Mayweather because unless Thurman looks vulnerable, we all know that pussy won't fight him. Thurman by KO over Bundu.

I also expect both Charlo brothers to win handily. I am high on both of them and think they are hell for anyone under 160lbs.

I also hope Victor Ortiz gets knocked the fuck out in the 1st round so he has to go away once and for all.

There is a young guy on the under undercard named Errol Spence. Looks like a future champion to me.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by DMX View Post
    Question : who would win , prime riddick bowe or wlad ?
    I somehow missed this conversation. I know that if you look at Riddick Bowe's record it looks shiny at 46-1. But when you really look at his performances, the only one of note is the 1st Holyfield fight. I don't believe he is HOF worthy. Here are my reasons why:

1. He blatantly ducked Lennox Lewis. Not even the HOF version of Lennox Lewis.

2. He was beaten from pillar to post twice by Andrew Golota.

3. He lost the Holyfield rematch.

4. He only defended the title against Jesse Ferguson and Michael Dokes.

5. He should have been knocked out in the 3rd Holyfield fight. That was when Holyfield
    was having those bizarre stamina issues. Holyfield laid him out with a Joe Frazier left
    hook. Bowe beat the count and was out on his feet, yet Holyfield couldn't throw another
    punch. On paper Bowe got a TKO, but in reality, Holyfield just ran out of gas.

6. The other 90's standouts he didn't fight: Mike Tyson, Michael Moorer, Ray Mercer,
    George Foreman and Tommy Morrison. Even Larry Holmes and Tim Witherspoon were
    relevant still in the 90's. Both would have been better than Ferguson and Dokes. Hell,
    Oliver McCall for that matter. David Tua? He missed a lot of guys.

So, if the Bowe that showed up in November of 1992 fought Wlad, yes he could probably win that fight. However, that was the only time that Riddick Bowe was in proper shape. Be it physical or mental shape. Any other version of Riddick Bowe loses to Wlad.

*One last thing, I know I may have denigrated Andrew Golota in regards to him beating Bowe and
    that being a stain on Bowe's record. Truth be told, if Andrew Golota had half the heart of Tomasz Adamek or Evander Holyfield, he'd probably still be undefeated. He was probably the most physically gifted heavyweight of all the 90's players.

Page 210 of 240 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast