Page 205 of 240 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3600

Andre Ward... YES!

HTW

Rubio disgust me ... Overweight and doesn't try to make the count ..

I told yall walters was going to be a problem for donaire.....donaire isnt big enough for 126, and his power did nothing here against walters.....he banged when he could, but walters strictly outgunned him.

GGG did what he was supposed to do against rubio.....but a lot faster than we all expected....that high arching left hook that finished it was clinical....right above rubio's guard. the way GGG sets up shots is an artform....

HTW

Who will be ggg next opposition be?

Quote Originally Posted by DMX View Post
    Rubio disgust me ... Overweight and doesn't try to make the count ..
    Old vet getting his last big pay day. He upset david lemiux and taught him a lesson a couple years ago then dud nothing against chavez jr....thing is he went 12 rounds with a 180lb chavez....couldnt last 6 mins with 160lb golovkin. GGG the new boogeyman of boxing.

OLYMPIAN

Walters looks for real. You can go back to Donaire's fight against Narvaez all the way up to Rigo and see the slippage. Walters was even a betting favorite going in.

GGG is the boogeyman. Good call. At least Kovalev has a Hopkins with balls and self belief enough to step up. I think his 1st big fight will be against the winner of Froch and Chavez Jr. After that, his next big fight would be against the Canelo and Cotto winner. Would like to see Andre Ward get in there with him, but who knows if he will ever fight again. Dude is cutting off his nose to spite his face.

I was going to say Kovalev was a close second in that regard (as to being the boogeyman of boxing). I love the kovalev-hopkins fight.....I think Kovalev has the intensity to beat hopkins....the power he has in both hands means he can hurt his opponents with any shot, even the short awkward ones....remember hopkins getting dropped twice in the first pascal fight....whilst kovalev isnt as awkward as pascal, he can throw short shots that seem to stun opponents....I think Hopkins shows his age finally and gets bested by sergei....hopefully he doesnt get hurt in the process.

GGG being the boogeyman is ironic, mostly because he seems like a nice guy...always smiling always trying to be cordial with the media, never saying anything negative.....apparently he sold out the stub hub arena....not a big venue, but maybe the GGG bus is catching steam as it should...and there is so much guile in his game. He stood right in front of rubio....little slips and blocks and he avoids getting hit, and when he does get hit, he throws right back......Like I said earlier, rubio is a tough tough dude, and GGG just demolished him.

Gabe Rosado just signed to fight david lemieux.....lemiuex was a highlight reel KO artist in the middlewieght division until he met rubio....he was beating rubio handily until he blew his load and got stopped late in that fight, he lost one more fight before getting back on the winning streak....he last stomped out fernando guerrero in 3 rounds. he is a power puncher, and tends to sell out on each punch, which leaves him open for counters and also open to being outgunned late in fights....rosado is a tought dude, with some decent boxing IQ....he can potentially pull it off, but if lemieux can stop rosado, i can see him getting into the GGG discussion, at least as a stay busy fight. and it would be a bombs away affair

OLYMPIAN

Yeah, I saw that about Lemieux and Rosado. Both guys are coming off of good if not impressive wins. Gabe needs a win badly, or he is gonna be relegated to ESPN cards. He's had lots of TV exposure the past 2 years and has yet to come up big. Although I'd argue he got fucked against J'Leon Love. The best thing for boxing would be for Lemieux to blow him out of the water in most impressive fashion. Lemieux and GGG could be a Superbowl event in Montreal.

Donaire gave it his all and was badly beaten. Walters was just too big for him. Donaire's body did not look good. Perhaps some serious weight training will help. He is thinking about going back to superbantam to fight there. He was a 5 division champ and it just proves that what Manny Pacquiao did winning titles in 8 weight divisions is very difficult. We have taken that for granted now with all the thrilling victories against much bigger opponents.

GGG took care of business like I thought he would. Even if Rubio was 20 pounds over the limit, the results would be the same. I'm looking forward to his fights with Canelo, Chavez jr and Miguel Cotto if they happen. Looking forward also to a fight with Andre Ward. GGG likes to fight at least 4 times a year and some of his fights will not be on HBO. He just likes to fight. Gotta respect guys like GGG, Donaire, Pacquiao who will fight anybody. To be the best you have to beat the best.

I will post some videos of the fight when I find others. I've downloaded them to my HD already but the links have been deleted from the youtube and dailymotion sources..
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

OLYMPIAN

The good news regarding GGG is that HBO plans on picking up all 4 of his fights next year. Or at least that's what I read. The bad news, is that getting Canelo, Cotto or even Chavez Jr. in with him is still a long shot. My opinion is that Jr. fights Froch and loses. Then Froch, in true Cobra fashion steps up and fights GGG. After GGG beats Froch, and Froch is one of my favorite fighters of the past 5-10 years, I think Andre Ward will man up and fianlly fight him. Andre Ward is the only guy under 175 that I think would be the favorite against GGG.

Andre Ward has that size differential in his favor as well as being the super 6 champ. What he has going against him is rust. He has not fought in well over a year or 2 now.

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

If GGG can't get those big names, he will fight anyone they put in front of him as a get busy fight. The man just loves to fight and he is a throwback to the old school.

GGG will be fighting Martin Murray next year.....not a bad fight. Murray is a tough dude, whos only loss is against former middleweight king Sergio Martinez in a close fight. GGG is already the man, but if he can crush murray, who really hasnt looked bad in his career, like he has crushed everyone else, Canelo, cotto, quillen, or any other top middleweight will not want to be inthe same room, nonetheless the ring, with Gennady.

What are you guys feeling with regards Kovalev vs Hopkins?

Kovalev SHOULD destroy Hopkins and retire him for good... but I also felt the same of Kelly Pavlik amd Trinidad. . the man has a way of neutralizing power punchers and making them boring affairs.

I think it finally stops with Kovalev. .. I say KO within 5 rounds
    Last edited by PTB; 10-29-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PTB View Post
    Kovalev SHOULD destroy Hopkins and retire him for good... but I also felt the same of Kelly Pavlik amd Trinidad. . the man has a way of neutralizing power punchers and making them boring affairs.

I think it finally stops with Kovalev. .. I say KO within 5 rounds
    Yeah im inclined to agree....kovalev seems to hurt people with every shot, even the short ones. but hopkins knows how to take the sting of almost everything people throw at him. at the same time, hopkins look good last time out, and even dropped a younger tougher opponent with a crafty right hand. This is a tough one to call.....i think there is either a kovalev KO/TKO late or a hopkins close UD.

Page 205 of 240 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast