Page 234 of 240 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 3600
    OLYMPIAN

GGG gets up from the canvas to score a ninth round stoppage.

Just saw the fight, and the post fight press conference...was it an early stoppage? Yes... was the stoppage inevitable? NO... Kell can fight, and he had his moments, but he didn't have the firepower nor chin to keep it up over the long hall. As for the eye, it was confirmed in the post fight, they confirmed he has a broken eye socket. And he was calling attention to it towards the end of the fight. Why risk a permanent eye injury?

I also don't mind an early stoppage because Kell STILL is the class of the welterweight division...There are worthy contenders and fights to be made.. especially after this performance... if he got KO'd or seriously hurt, it may hurt his stock.... I've seen it in the past... once that TOAD #5 skin is broken, it affects them even when they go back down.

Nice fight for the 5 rounds it lasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kell Brook has balls....lets put that out there first.

He was doing a great job and wasnt scared to trade with GGG. He also threw combinations and stood right in front of GGG at times. HE also looked more like a middleweight than GGG (big and ripped) BUT the power difference was evident from the start....GGGs Jab had to get brook to reconsider his life in general....that left hook right hand GGG landed in the 1st round broke Brook's orbital bone (confirmed through eddie hearns twitter). the KO was a matter of time, but paul ingle's intuition to save brook ( a fighter he has been training since he was 9 yrs old) was primary and makes sense to me....brook was getting hit with consecuitive blows and depsite putting his hands up and claiming he wasnt hurt, his legs were telling another story, and those body shots sounded nauseating....Brook is a gopod fighter and will most likely beat any fighter at 154. GGG looked flat and, as he stated himself, felt that brook could not hurt him because he wasnt a middleweight, and decided to turn it into a bar fight (which is why he got hit so much). Ultimately, GGG was winning the fight, the stoppage was coming soon....Brooks corner minimized the losses by throwing in the towel....in a championship fight you want a fighter to go out on their shield, but Brook is a future champ at 154.....no need to jeopardize the future on a dare to be great situation where you know you will come up short. No losers here, but GGG, even not looking 100% just mauled one of the best 147ers...for whatever that is worth.

OLYMPIAN

Agree with both you guys. Brook put more leather on GGG than anyone else to this point and by a wide margin. While I don't think he really hurt GGG, I do think he got his respect a couple of times. Brook is world class, no doubt. I'd put him in the iron chin and body rankings too.

Chocolatito had to work hard Saturday night. That Cuadras dude is good. Really good. I am actually ok with all three scorecards. 9-3 looks wide and all, but other than 3 rounds for Cuadras, the rest were either Choco's or toss ups. Great fight, maybe we'll see it again down the road.

Jesus Soto Karass needs to finally retire. Tough, tough man. Would hate to see him seriously hurt. He looks done to me. Kamagi isn't going to be winning world titles any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    Agree with both you guys. Brook put more leather on GGG than anyone else to this point and by a wide margin. While I don't think he really hurt GGG, I do think he got his respect a couple of times. Brook is world class, no doubt. I'd put him in the iron chin and body rankings too.

Chocolatito had to work hard Saturday night. That Cuadras dude is good. Really good. I am actually ok with all three scorecards. 9-3 looks wide and all, but other than 3 rounds for Cuadras, the rest were either Choco's or toss ups. Great fight, maybe we'll see it again down the road.

Jesus Soto Karass needs to finally retire. Tough, tough man. Would hate to see him seriously hurt. He looks done to me. Kamagi isn't going to be winning world titles any time soon.
    It has been a while my brothers. How have you been.

Thoughts:

Tyson Fury pulls out of his rematch with wlad and then tests positive for Cocaine. Not surprised.....this kid is fucked. let Wlad fight somoene else for his titles.

Kovalev vs Ward for the title at 175.....Fuck me this is a good fight. Ward by points but if i was betting my money id bet on kovelev.....his boxing and power are the variable....

Outside of boxing, my Bluejays are 2-0 against the TEXAS rangers WITH Darvish......fuck them....we are winning it all....let me hear it.

Blue Jays 2016 World Series CHAMPS!!!!!!!! Get at me Beefy!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    It has been a while my brothers. How have you been.

Thoughts:

Tyson Fury pulls out of his rematch with wlad and then tests positive for Cocaine. Not surprised.....this kid is fucked. let Wlad fight somoene else for his titles.

Kovalev vs Ward for the title at 175.....Fuck me this is a good fight. Ward by points but if i was betting my money id bet on kovelev.....his boxing and power are the variable....

Outside of boxing, my Bluejays are 2-0 against the TEXAS rangers WITH Darvish......fuck them....we are winning it all....let me hear it.

Blue Jays 2016 World Series CHAMPS!!!!!!!! Get at me Beefy!!!!!
    What's good Dee?

Tyson has always a joke... I wish Wilder would retire him.

I like Ward by decision too... in fact, I don't think it will be close.. he won't knock Kovalev out, but this is having the feeling of a Mayweather/Canelo fight... at the end of the day, it will be a mostly boring, but decisive affair

Yanks & Mets out, and I'm all in on NFL... so I'm off MLB until next year, although I may watch some Giants games when Bumgarner is pitching... that guy is a beast!

OLYMPIAN

Welcome back boys.

Tyson Fury is probably done. What a shame as he would make the heavyweight division fun as long as he could last. Hope he gets himself right.

Kovalev is better for boxing than Andre Ward but unless Ward has degenerated, I think he will stink out the joint and win a comfortable decision. Let's hope we're wrong and they go at it. Fact is, that Ward can fight when he has too and Kovalev has underrated boxing skills. Who knows, maybe we are in for a treat.

@Dee, Joey Bats got some revenge in game 1. Home run and 4 RBI's. I like the Jay's. They've certainly got a chance. If they get Cleveland, I think their chances are better just from a match up standpoint.

Back to boxing. Joseph Parker looks as though he'll fight Andy Ruiz for Fury's WBO belt. Would love to see Wlad and Joshua fight before the year is out. The idea has been floated. Wilder is out for a while but when he comes back could fight Fury assuming he gets his act together.

If Joshua were to beat Wlad and Parker beats Ruiz, you could have a really sweet final four style tournament with Joshua, Parker, Wilder and Fury.

@Dee, can you imagine Justin Trudeau telling a reporter that being Prime Minister allows him the opportunity to "grab women by the pussy"?

We lost another legend! One of the best Jr. Middleweights of all time.. mu pick to beat JCC in a dream match at 140.

Farewell Hawk!

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-pryor-dies-60

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by PTB View Post
    We lost another legend! One of the best Jr. Welterweights of all time.. mu pick to beat JCC in a dream match at 140.

Farewell Hawk!

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-pryor-dies-60

Fixed.

Totally agree. This guy was an all time great. At 140 I can't think of many who would be much better than even money against him. What are some great mythical match-ups that the Hawk could partake in? All at 140lbs.

Pryor vs Duran - I would favor Duran, but this would be incredible.
    Pryor vs Pacman - Pryor
    Pryor vs DeLahoya - Tough one. The young, active Oscar was a beast. Can't call it.
    Pryor vs Chavez - I agree with you. He would have handled Chavez.
    Pryor vs Whitaker - Great fight. Pryor had the athleticism to catch Whitaker and make him fight. Another toss up.
    Pryor vs Mosley (the undeated lightweight version) - Fucking war. This one could be fought in the proverbial phonebooth. Prior in a FOTY.
    Pryor vs Mawweather - Pryor would eventually run Floyd out of the ring.

What other great match ups are out there in fantasy land?

Fixed.

Totally agree. This guy was an all time great. At 140 I can't think of many who would be much better than even money against him. What are some great mythical match-ups that the Hawk could partake in? All at 140lbs.

Pryor vs Duran - I would favor Duran, but this would be incredible.
    Pryor vs Pacman - Pryor
    Pryor vs DeLahoya - Tough one. The young, active Oscar was a beast. Can't call it.
    Pryor vs Chavez - I agree with you. He would have handled Chavez.
    Pryor vs Whitaker - Great fight. Pryor had the athleticism to catch Whitaker and make him fight. Another toss up.
    Pryor vs Mosley (the undeated lightweight version) - Fucking war. This one could be fought in the proverbial phonebooth. Prior in a FOTY.
    Pryor vs Mawweather - Pryor would eventually run Floyd out of the ring.

What other great match ups are out there in fantasy land?
    Thanks for the correction!!

Still amazed he didn't try to move up and challenge true welterweights... he did beat Tommy Hearns as an amateur.

Pryor vs Mosley would be a SLOBBERKNOCKER!!! (it's been a while, lol)...
    That may be tossup for me.. Mosley's punch output there was ridiculous... not sure
    Pryor could keep up that pace for 12 rounds... but I can't rule him out.

As for the elusive fighters Whitaker and Mayweather? They're experts at making "fighters" look ordinary, resulting in dull looking fights... I admire their skill, but I wouldn't want to see these fights personally... even if Pryor won.

I feel that Pryor would have walked into a bomb with pacman, whilst dicing manny up the power would make the difference and I would pick pacman.
    I agree with all ofthe above. Mosley would have been a FOTY calibre fight because of both of their chins and mosley's ridiculous power at below 147.

I got Half a chub when Edwin slienced the Oriels with that walkoff......Swept a game rangers team in some tight games. Now it gets interesting. Jays vs Indians. Shapiro's OLD team....he knows them well. Good matchup for us. and then we make to to the World Series to face the Dodgers where the former BJ GM Alex Anthelopolous has a seat at table......all the backstoires.

OLYMPIAN

I hate all this downtime between series. Hopefully, there is no rust. When does the Jays-Indians series start?

Game 1 is Friday (tomorrow) in cleveland.

OLYMPIAN

looking forward to this series.

What do you guys think is going to happen with the PBC? Do you think it's on the verge of collapse or of really taking off?

So far it's been a glorified showcase for Haymon fighters. He must not like Shawn Porter as he's the only one of his guys whose been in tough. Brook, Broner and Thurman.

Danny Garcia hasn't fought a perceived threat since beating Lucas.

I sure hope boxing gets going again.

looking forward to this series.

What do you guys think is going to happen with the PBC? Do you think it's on the verge of collapse or of really taking off?

So far it's been a glorified showcase for Haymon fighters. He must not like Shawn Porter as he's the only one of his guys whose been in tough. Brook, Broner and Thurman.

Danny Garcia hasn't fought a perceived threat since beating Lucas.

I sure hope boxing gets going again.
    We may be the wrong people to ask... we'll watch boxing in any format... I love it.. we're seeing up and coming stars and have been treated to good fights..... Porter-Thurman being the best offering so far.... I just think they need to keep pushing... especially on Saturday nights.. I think it may be challenging now since pro and college football are in full swing and have clearly become America's #1 sport, unlike in the 50s and 60s where boxing and baseball may have ruled.

That period of time though between February and the Summer is where I think they need to have their biggest push... I definitely feel the "gap" between the end of the football season.. and I can't really get into basketball until the playoffs, nor baseball until late summer.

I do think we need to temper our expectations just a bit...I can't say what the numbers are, but MMA isn't a big draw on free TV, although the PPVs do, so I won't expect PBC to do much better, but I think it can get to a place where USA Network's Tuesday Night Fights used to be in the 80's and early 90's.

Page 234 of 240 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236 ... LastLast