Page 243 of 243 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243
Results 3,631 to 3,642 of 3642

Rumor mill:

GGG-and GBP are negotiating for the rematch, but word on the street is that GBP put a call into the UFC. They are shopping Canelo-Mcgregor for May as Mcgregor is not going to want to fight until that time as well.

OLYMPIAN

Marvin along with Larry Holmes were my two favorite fighters of the 80's. But IMO he is just too small for Michael Spinks. Tommy Hearns put a lot of leather on Marvin and Michael Spinks was bigger and better.

Marvin and Qawi would be a slobber knocker for as long as it lasted. Qawi again just too massive for Marvin. Marvin wouldn't be able to hurt him or keep him off him. In a 15 round era, I think Dwight wears him down and stops him late or gets him on points.

Damn you two for making me pick against the Marvelous one.

I remember crying myself to sleep as a kid the night Larry Holmes "lost" to Spinks in the 1st fight. When Marvin "lost" to SRR, I just couldn't sleep but don't remember crying. LOL.

I have been a junkie of the boxing variety for years.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Rumor mill:

GGG-and GBP are negotiating for the rematch, but word on the street is that GBP put a call into the UFC. They are shopping Canelo-Mcgregor for May as Mcgregor is not going to want to fight until that time as well.
    This would be disgusting and would sour me and Canelo and Oscar forever.

I hope GGG goes ahead and fights Cotto in his swan song this December. He'll make good money and should be able to stop Miguel and really put the onus on GBP and Cuntello to make the rematch for May.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    This would be disgusting and would sour me and Canelo and Oscar forever.

I hope GGG goes ahead and fights Cotto in his swan song this December. He'll make good money and should be able to stop Miguel and really put the onus on GBP and Cuntello to make the rematch for May.
    Canelo confirmed that he is only interested in GGG for cinco de mayo
    David Lemieux confirmed that he is fighting on Dec 2 regardless of opponents. so thats one out for canelo thats not available....lemieux-cotto is a good fight.....not for cotto, but a good fight.

Your boxing IQ is far superior to mine so your picks are probably more realistic....Hagler's era was before my time. The only time I felt like you are describing when holmes lost, was when Tyson got stopped by Douglas....close second was when Jones Jr. got starched by Tarver. I was 5 when tyson got KO'd, and it was the equivalent of superman dying.

Default Boxing News and Archives

Deontay vs Stiverne... one came angry looking to make a statement.. the other came to get a paycheck... " I make dough.. but don't call me Doughboy".. not saying he took a dive, but he Stiverne shouldn't have been in there with him.

Sign the papers... get the fight on with. Joshua.

Shawn Porter was typical Shawn Porter tonight against Grenados.. broke his hand in the 6th.. couldn't use it the last 4 rounds..
    Still don't see how after winning a 140 lb title, he's #1 mandatory foe Thurman.. not looking forward to a rematch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PTB; 11-05-2017 at 12:03 AM.

OLYMPIAN

Shawn Porter never won a 140lb title. Not sure why he's a mandatory but it's not outrageous. He gave Thurman a tough fight as well as Kell Brook. Those are his only two losses. Shawn Porter is a professional and always brings it. Kind of like a Shane Mosley without the talent. All hard work. By the end of 2018, we need to have a legitimate #1 welterweight in the world. My eyes say it's Errol Spence and Terence Crawford. Hopefully, Spence and Thurman go at it in the spring or early summer. Crawford should destroy Jeff Horn this spring and that paves the way for a major unification between those two late in 2018.
    Last edited by beefyfan; 11-07-2017 at 08:29 PM.

R.I.P. DR. Ferdie Pacheco
    http://m.tmz.com/#2017/11/16/ferdie-...-muhammad-ali/

Indeed, one of the best boxing analysts and color man from the fight game. I first started watching him on NBC Sportsworld as he was a boxing analyst with Marv Albert.. Years later, he was paired with Marv's brother Steve on the Showtime broadcasts.

OLYMPIAN

RIP - Fight Doctor. He was good, but in his later years he became a lackey for Showtime fighters along with Bobby Czyz.

OLYMPIAN

What a mega fight Saturday.

Caleb Truax beat James Degeale. He opened as a 42-1 underdog. That could have been my retirement fund if I had any balls. LOL.

Rigo quit like a bitch. Pitiful way to go out. Bad for boxing. I am glad Teddy Asshole wasn't calling the fights for ESPN but those guys were passing Loma's cock around like a joint.

Mickey Roman ended Orlando Salido's career. What a great fight. Another FOTY candidate. Salido has been an absolute warrior. Hopefully, he doesn't get lured out of retirement. I would hate to see him get hurt. Plus, for an ugly mother fucker he sure has a hot ass wife.

In addition to all this, the UFC delivered once again. Great fights from top to bottom. Brian Ortega subbed Cub Swanson in the second round of a great fight. A new star is born.
    Last edited by beefyfan; 12-10-2017 at 02:19 AM.

Default Boxing News and Archives

I agree that this was a very Pro-Loma event, but he IS the new face of Top Rank and they are trying to build his brand.

Having said that, I agree with Teddy.. this was a bad matchup.. low entertainment value and old Rigo was overmatched and getting embarrassed by Loma... him quitting saved us from having a borefest.

Christopher Diaz on the undercard looks promising against a replacement Cruz, who took the fight 3 weeks after a KO win... a merciful stoppage.
    Not sure Diaz is ready for Loma, but he has a future.

Beefy, you can't mention hot wives without pics.. don't leave a brotha hanging

Last edited by PTB; 12-10-2017 at 02:43 AM.

OLYMPIAN

Until I can produce a good photo of Mrs. Salido, please accept this as my apology.
    melissa cotto.jpg

Page 243 of 243 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243