Page 209 of 240 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3600
    HTW

Wladimir Klitschko - Kubrat Pulev Full fight
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Wladimir Klitschko - Kubrat Pulev Full fight UK Version

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

HTW

Manny looked good .. Algeri needed a new trainer .. Anyone that purposely gives away the first 4 rounds to set manny up for the KO should find a new career .. Algeria has skills , just needs better guidance .

Quote Originally Posted by DMX View Post
    Manny looked good .. Algeri needed a new trainer .. Anyone that purposely gives away the first 4 rounds to set manny up for the KO should find a new career .. Algeria has skills , just needs better guidance .
    with no power... and Algeri said he has hurt every fighter he fights?... he's a good young man.. and I like his background story.. but c'mon bro.... you are what your KO record says you are.

He stepped up in class... and I think he's still pretty good at 140... but there's no future at 147.

I think Manny is as good as he's going to be... was in fine shape and is ready for anyone.

HTW

Algeri has always irrated me .. He comes across cocky in a way .. Makes excuses for his piss poor fight. After watching that fight, not sure where Algeris career goes from here. I wouldn't promote him . His karate kid trainer needs to hopefully learn from this fight.

OLYMPIAN

Manny looked good. The rumors of him having a good camp were obviously true. For a guy about to be 36 and threw i think over 600 punches, he looked like he could have gone 12 more rounds.

Algieri needs a new trainer. Period. There is definitely something there to work with. Making 140 might not be in his best interest. I disagree with my friend PTB in that there is not a future at 147. I think he can crack the top 10 there and even spring some upsets. Hell, if Robert the Ghost Guerrero can compete there, I think Algieri can as well. I predict this loss teaches him something and he improves from it.

If they feed Jesse Vargas to Manny next, I won't watch. Danny Garcia would be a very very good next opponent. Lucas Matthysee would be fun as well. Let's hope it's Floyd although we all know that Floyd still doesn't want that fight.

HTW

IF terrance crawford wins in big fashion this upcoming weekend , who's next for him ?

Could Algeri crack top 10 @ 147.... maybe... I just don't think he has enough pop in his punches to make people respect him at that weight class. I was just on Boxrec, and I'm not sure he can beat their current top 10:

Floyd
    Pacquiao
    Marquez
    Brook
    Bradley
    Maidana
    Porter
    Alexander
    Thurman
    Guererro
    --------------
    Then you have Khan on the outside looking in @ #11

Algeri may give Guerrero decent fight.. Thurman could be a problem... sure he was able to neutralize Provodnikov.... but Thurman has even more power at 147.

I think there are some decent opponents at 140 that I hope he gets a shot at.

HTW

Quote Originally Posted by PTB View Post
    Could Algeri crack top 10 @ 147.... maybe... I just don't think he has enough pop in his punches to make people respect him at that weight class. I was just on Boxrec, and I'm not sure he can beat their current top 10:

Floyd
    Pacquiao
    Marquez
    Brook
    Bradley
    Maidana
    Porter
    Alexander
    Thurman
    Guererro
    --------------
    Then you have Khan on the outside looking in @ #11

Algeri may give Guerrero decent fight.. Thurman could be a problem... sure he was able to neutralize Provodnikov.... but Thurman has even more power at 147.

I think there are some decent opponents at 140 that I hope he gets a shot at.
    i think algeri could be competitive with that top 10 other than floyd and manny . But that's not saying I think he could beat them . But with a new trainer, who knows. I wouldn't mind seeing how algeri vs Bradley would shape up . Both have no power and both can box

Manny Pacquiao vs Chris Algieri Full Fight HBO Version

View it while it is still here. It could be gone soon....

If Chris Algieri's plan was to merely go the distance with a future Hall of Fame fighter, then he successfully accomplished his mission.The only eight division world champion the sport has ever seen, Manny Pacquiao, effectively retained his WBO Welterweight title, and dominated the seven to one underdog for twelve one-sided rounds, flooring the Huntington, New York, native six times in the process.The predictable judges' scorecards read 119-103, 119-103, and 120-102...all in favor of the soon to be 36 year old Pacman. According to CompuBox statistics, Manny landed 229 out of 669 shots thrown, at a healthy 34% connect rate, while Chris Algieri landed an anemic 108 punches of 469 thrown, with a 29% connect percentage. The Pacman also landed 187 of 410 power shots at a 46% connect ratio, and Algeri landed 80 of 212 power punches at 38%.

To begin the fight, the challenger from New York, fought tentatively and used the entire ring while picking and choosing his shots with extreme caution. Algieri was using his feet to maintain his distance and circle to his left, moving away from Pacquiao's power hand.Chris was admittedly attempting to allow his eyes to get adjusted to the speed, movement, timing, and rhythm of the Pacman, while trying to land the occasional punch to keep Manny off balance.Unfortunately after getting knocked down in the closing moments of the second, Algieri ostensibly stayed in his tentative shell for the great majority of the twelve round contest.

Each subsequent round appeared to be a carbon copy of the previous stanza, with Manny aggressively pursuing the extremely defensive but agile opponent.But after several uneventful rounds, the drama heightened in the sixth. Pacquiao caught Algieri with a hard, straight left hand bomb that badly hurt the hesitant challenger at the 1:12 mark of the stanza. Although the 30 year old New Yorker beat the referee's count, the Filipino icon was immediately on top of him, and knocked him down once again at the 42 second mark of the same round. Even though the well conditioned challenger made it out of the sixth, Algieri found himself midway through the bout with a seemingly huge deficit on the judges' scorecards, having presumably lost every round and getting floored three times with virtually no offensive response.

For the next two rounds, Algieri made the contest resemble a bad sparring session, fighting defensively with a reluctance to engage the hard punching Filipino. Although Pacquiao patiently continued to stalk his prey, it became obvious that Algieri was merely trying not to get knocked out.But as soon as Chris decided that it was an appropriate time to start opening up his offense in the ninth, Manny made the determined challenger pay with a hard left hand down the middle that floored him for a fourth time in the fight. Once again, Algeri beat the count but was ostensibly hurt badly by the punishing shot.With less than a minute to go in the stanza, the Pac-monster jumped all over the 30 year old fighter and cracked him with a hard three punch combination that sent Algieri to the canvas yet again.

Even though the event's underdog made it past the one-sided round, the fight had officially become a runaway. And while Algieri needed something big to turn the momentum of the bout in his favor, he seemed content with fighting in a defensive manner...ostensibly satisfied with just trying to make it to the final bell.Despite knocking Algieri down a final time in the tenth, Manny Pacquiao didn't get to record the 39th stoppage of his Hall of Fame career."I did my best," stated Manny Pacquiao. "I'm satisfied with my performance because I came to fight. I was looking for a KO, but he was fast and was moving, so it was hard."

When asked about a potential fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2015, Manny made light of the inquiry by poking fun at his most recent appearance in a humorous Nike commercial."He's going to fight me? Yes...Yes!! I'm ready to fight him next year."After figuratively beating his chest throughout the entire promotion, the losing fighter finally showed some humility after getting dominated for twelve consecutive rounds."The plan was to fight four first rounds, but Manny is the best in the world at fighting like Manny Pacquiao," admitted Chris Algieri. "The plan was to take the fight into the later rounds, and try to land shots that would hurt him. If the knock-out came, the knock-out came.""It's not so much his punching power, it's how he mixes up his punches that really gave me trouble. He's a hell of a fighter.

http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/4....UvfNFh8a.dpuf

Manny Pacquiao retained his WBO welterweight belt by scoring a unanimous decision against Chris Algieri at the Cotai Arena in Macau Saturday night.
    Pacquiao knocked Algieri down six times en route to the victory and had him nearly out on his feet a couple times. But Algieri withstood the onslaught time after time and lasted the full 12 rounds.
    Pacquiao landed 121 more punches than Algieri, who lost for the first time in his career after 20 victories. Pacquiao improved to 57-5-2 with 38 KOs.
    "I'm so happy because there were so many Filipinos that came here tonight to watch me fight," Pacquiao said after the fight.

Asked about Floyd Mayweather, Pacquiao said in a mocking tone: "He's going to fight me?" then he said seriously, "I'm ready to fight him next year."

Said Algieri after the fight: "Manny is the best in the world at fighting like Manny Pacquiao. The plan was to get into the later rounds without incurring too much damage and land shots that would hurt him."

Here are round-by-round updates from USA TODAY Sports' Bob Velin:
    Pre-fight: Pacquiao getting some love from the crowd. Big smile on his face as he walks to the ring. Chris Algieri is making his appearance wearing a Seawolves ballcap and lets loose with some loud grunts before he begins his walk up.

Round 1: Pacquiao comes out aggressively, throwing some hard lefts early. Gets Algieri on the ropes. Pacquiao on the attack while cutting off the ring. Awkward looking with Algieri so much taller. Algieri not doing much in the first round. Definitely a Pacquiao round.

Round 2: Algieri only 3 for 28 on connects in the first. Pacquiao looking quick, then knocks Algieri down early in the second. Might have been a slip but ref called it a knockdown. Pacquiao landing combinations. Algieri grazes Pac with a right. With the knockdown, it's a 10-8 round for Pacquiao.

Round 3: Pacquiao comes forward and connects with a couple left hands. Roy Jones lauds Algieri's footwork. Pacquiao finding it harder to connect on Algieri. Hard left by Pac. Pacquiao getting Algieri on the ropes and unloading with combinations. Another round for Pacquiao 10-9.

Round 4: Algieri starting to get a little more offensive. But Pacquiao picks his spots and connects with lefts. Pac connects on uppercuts and left hooks as Algieri looks as if he's hoping Pacquiao eventually punches himself out. Nice right by Algieri meets Pac's chin. Hard left by Pacquiao lands solidly. Algieri ends the round by connecting with a straight right. But another round for Pacman.

Round 5: All Pacquiao so far. Right cross by Algieri lands on Manny's chin, but Manny counters. Algieri is avoiding most of Pac's big shots. Algieri landing more rights. Algieri jabbing with regularity now. Algieri is definitely a moving target, and Pacquiao lunges and misses. Seems to be getting frustrated. This round goes to Algieri 10-9.

Round 6: Pacquiao comes out swinging, but neither fighters has any facial cuts or swelling. Pac lands an overhand left. Low blow by Algieri and he gets warned. Pacquiao knocks Algieri down with a hard left. He tumbles. Algieri down again. Pacquiao is connecting on some hard shots. Pacquiao wins the round 10-7 with the two knockdowns.

Round 7: Pacquiao beginning to assert his dominance. Algieri connects with an overhand right. But Pacquiao comes back and lands more combinations. Pac sensing that he may need the knockout if he has any chance of fighting Mayweather down the road. Algieri lands a right at the end of the round but the round again goes to Pacquiao.

Round 8: HBO's Harold Lederman has given every round to Pacquiao. While Algieri seems overmatched, you can't count him out. But we're at a spot in the fight where Algieri might need a knockout and he doesn't have knockout power. Algieri still moving well, but Pacquiao looks exceptionally quick tonight. Another round for Pacman.

Round 9: Pacquiao attacks at the bell. and midway through the round Pacquiao lands a monster left and drops Algieri. Another knockdown and Pacquiao putting the pressure on trying to end it in the ninth round, but Algieri withstands the onslaught and lasts until the bell. Algieri's corner tells him he's exactly where he wants to be. What?

Round 10:
    Six knockdowns so far. Pacquiao is punching Algieri silly and Algieri may not finish the round. Pacquiao has not had a knockout in five years. Algieri misses an uppercut. Another knockdown. with 12 seconds left. Hard to believe Algeiri still standing, but maybe not for long.

Round 11: We're in the championship rounds now. Pacquiao, a 7-1 favorite, making the oddsmakers look good. He wants a knockout but Algieri is very tough and has not given up. Pacquiao has landing 114 more punches than Algieri. Another Pacquiao round. Barring a knockout, this one's over.

Round 12: Pacquiao's eye slightly swelled up. He throws a hard left uppercut and Algieri counters with a hard right. Pac going for a knockout here. down to the last minute of the fight. Very disappointing showing for Algieri. As the bell rings, Manny does a little shuffle. It's over. Six knockdowns.

Page 209 of 240 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219 ... LastLast