Page 239 of 240 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240 LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 3600

Just saw the fight

I thought in the first half of the fight, Kell was in control, landing the more solid power shots. Some of the rounds were close, but I had him ahead 4-2 and perhaps 5-1.

Then as he indicated, his orbital socket was broken again in round 7, which may have been the best toe to toe round of the fight, but by round 9 it was affecting him and Errol took over for good in rounds 9 and 10, with Kell conceding in round 11.

I don't want to day he quit... he was clearly hurt... perhaps his corner should have ended it.

Not sure if it's worth it for him to fight again.. he 30 and needs a long layoff to let that eye heal, especially if he intends to go to 154.

And what's your view of Tony Bellows.. I haven't seen many of his fights and to be honest, I barely heard of him before "Creed" came out.

He seems like an OK, but not great fighter, but tends to act like his "Creed" persona. He seems more suited for MMA eith his rhetoric.

Now he's fighting at heavyweight and calling out Wilder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garcia and Broner get it on July 29.... Garcia by KO
    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...jose-uzcategui

I should have put money on spence! brook broke the other orbital....not the one from ggg

mikey stops broner.....and tbh...i think mikey beats crawford too. call me crazy but im not sold on crawford yet as a p4p

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    Ok. You are crazy. I am sold big time on Crawford. Crawford (imo) will make easy work out of Mikey. Don't forget that Mikey was about to be drowned by Salido in their fight. That stoppage may have bailed him out. Mike is p4p material too, but Crawford is something different. I think Crawford will be hard to beat until he goes to 154. OK, call me crazy.
    I think crawford has skill and alot of intangiables. He needs a bigger test. Postal was a big win, but gamboa really wasnt. He prob is one of the best fighters on the planet, but fighting the opposition he has doesnt prove that. I think Mikey is too smart to be easy work for anyone unless he gets KO'd. Either guy (garcia or crawford) doesnt have much size to move up so im not sure about crawford @ 154....

joshua-wlad 2 is in the works. first fight was great, but wlad might not have another fight like that in him.

mayweathwer-Mcgregor looks like it will happen. Do you think this opens the door for more fights like this? I dont but I think a lot of UFC guys will be exploring their options after seeing the money here...... This past weekend Aldo-holloway was a great scrap and prob got good views, but both guys got paid around $500K. With a card like that in brazil, You'd think they would get paid more than that.

Predictions: WARD vs KOVALEV II

The first fight I thought was closely contested with a lot of toss up rounds.

I think Kovalev comes out more aggressive and gets a unanimous decision victory, setting up a 3rd finale. I think there will be knockdowns, but Ward won't get knocked out.
    Last edited by PTB; 06-14-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Default Boxing News and Archives

I didn't see the undercard , but saw the main event.. it was not entertaining, but I give credit to Ward for making it so.

Observations:
    Ward seemed much stronger in this fight. He basically manhandled Kovalev, clinching, holding, neutralizing his power.

Kovalev's power is at range and at the end of his punches... he doesn't throw short punches with power and was lousy on the inside. Ward did a great job of actually shortening the distance between them, again, with the clinching, neutralized Kovalev's power.

Kovalev mostly threw a lead jab and a right hand, that couldn't find the mark all night, either he was just plain missing, or the right was reduced to a slapping shot because of the short distance. He threw very few body punches or uppercuts.

As for the low blows, there were several, including in the final stoppage... that, along with the clinching should have had points taken away.

I still however don't think that would have changed the outcome... Kovalev barely hurt Ward, and I thought Ward did enough to steal rounds. Kovalev did nothing to change the momentum and despite the scorecards being close, I thought Ward would have won a unanimous decision.

But I say again, this was not entertaining... it was ugly, petty, and definitely not worth PPV money... boxing has been mostly miss with their PPV cards but this year, the last one with Canelo and JCCjr was another bust.

I'm hoping GGG/Canelo can live up to the hype... I'm not ordering Mayweathem/McGregor ... I don't care how much they hype it up

Last edited by PTB; 06-19-2017 at 10:41 PM.

I had Kovalev up by one round at the stoppage, was a good close fight.
    Some of those shots were low, Weeks should have made a bigger deal of them BEFORE that debacle at the end.....but kov should have took a knee or fought back, dont stop, dont complain.
    Regardless....that was the best right hand ward will throw in his life, landed it perfectly and kov was hurt. Kov controlled the action, and has setting the pace for most of the fight but he was starting to flatten and get gassed after the 6th......

the card sucked......

Pacman-Horn is on cable....apparently more is to come.

I will qualify your floyd comment beefy.....Floyd found ways to fight the best when they werent the best anymore....He beat Corrales and then cashed it in.
    Mosley, De La Hoya, Cotto, Manny.....all past their primes.

I dont mind the fight as a spectacle, but its not going to be competitive and connor is definitely going to retire OR go back to UFC and had regressed enough to get beat by a contender....

There was some footage of cris cybrog sparring with Clarissa shields (olympic gold medalist), which looked intense....cyborg is bigger than her but could hang with the striking.

Rigo wants Lomanchekno at 130 (which is a big move up for rigo). Thoughts?

Rigo might win, but will stink the place up doing it. Loma would prob win just based on activity. Hard to imagine how Rigo and his crew dont get it yet....this isnt the olympics, his career is going no where

apparently Andre wards' people have already reached out to tony bellew for a cruiserweight fight (wouldnt be surprised if ward wants a 175 fight, to make tony suck down....similar to the dawson fight).....easy winable fight for ward....bellew can bang, but he doesnt have the skill to beat someone like ward.

For ward, great fight....get that UK money...........Ward-Kov 2 apparently bombed at the PPV numbers and the Gait....and Ward got a guarantee of 6.5 mil.....whereas Kov got nothing on fightnight, all his money was PPV based....which means he is getting fuck all.

I can't recall when a championship fighter has been screwed TWICE in his career, and it's blatantly obvious.

I thought Larry Holmes got screwed in his rematch with Michael Spinks

I thought Oscar De La Hoya got screwed in his fight with Tito Trinidad

I thought Marvin Haglar best Leonard, but I didn't think it was a screw job

But Pacman got screwed TWICE, and how ironic is it that the first guy that screwed him was a color commentator for this fight.

It's almost as if boxing wants Pacquiao to retire to make way for the new bloods.

The stage was set for the upset.. the signs were obvious. I'll give Horn credit for being aggressive and smothering Manny... he never could get that one big shot to catch Horn coming in. The dramatic 9th round and near stoppage was entertaining, but based on those scorecards, I don't think it would have made a difference.

I am stoked for the up and coming bouts by the PBC on ESPN.. This card was certainly better than recent PPV offerings, but this decision HURTS the attempt. People need to believe that boxing is CREDIBLE. But I'll be tuning in over the summer

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    On some things, we just have to agree to disagree. My thoughts are in red. I too am looking forward to some of the fights coming this summer. Crawford and Indongo on free ESPN? Sign me up. This has been a revival year for boxing. PBC has been better. Good fights on ESPN. Hopefully, Golovkin and Canelo deliver in September. To be honest, I cannot fathom them not delivering. Good fights on HBO and Showtime. I am not going to let the Canelo and Chavez fight nor the Mayweather McGregor debacle cloud my views on this great sport. Might get a Klitchko Joshua rematch although I hope not. I'd like to see Wlad walk away with his head held high and enjoy his kids. Heck, as long as Manny and Horn rematch on free ESPN, that can only be a good thing. But, I think Manny is about done. Let's see how the rematch goes. Maybe he'll walk away from the sport win or lose.
    It's all good brotha! That's why we're here!

As for the fight.. just look at the compubox numbers... Horn landed 15% of his punches, yet somehow won 8+ rounds on one scorecard!?! I know Willie Pep was known to win rounds without throwing a punch, but the other guy wasn't landing a shot either. It can't just be about agression, but the often used term "effective aggressiveness " Horn pushed, headlocked, and hit on breaks all night... no warnings from the ref. I'm sure the crowd may have had some impact on the scoring of those close scorecards, but 117-111.. SOMETHING was up.

As for DLH/Trinidad.. I agree Oscar gave away those last 4 rounds... which I couldn't believe because I thought he was beating up Tito for the first 8... it looked like Oscar was in another class... I was thinking Oscar may have broken his hand or something... Still, I had no doubt he was the winner... I call it a screw, but I can appreciate you not going for that.

Our biggest disagreement is on Teddy... I agree he was a jerk as a trainer, but I love him as an analyst... he's wacky, but I he doesn't take himself as seriously as Howard Cosell did.

Stephen is Stephen.. I can take in small doses.

I'd look forward to Max's view on First Take... not sure if it aired today.

Interestingly on Undisputed, Skip had Horn edging out Manny... but for the same reasons he had Manny edging out Floyd... aggressiveness... but as I said early, I'm not sure it was effective aggression

Whilst I wouldnt go as far to say it was a screwjob. It was incompetent scoring.
    That being said, 115-113 is not out of the realm of possibility, but 111-117 is ridiculous.
    I had it 116-112 for pacman. He was more effective but definitely not the fighter he used to be and the fight was closer than most expected, for which Horn deserves credit, but not the Win IMO.

Whilst Atlas goes to the conspiracy theories almost immediately.....this decision was kind of BS, so I can see why he went off the deep end. Stephen A Smith wasnt the best person for the broadcast but seeing as Espn has Joe and Teddy and Bradley at ringside...who else is there.

A fighter like many, or any fighter with a pedigree/or "legend' status shouldnt be awarded fights based on their career....this is the second fight (I agree with PTB) where he got a decision which did not reflect the actual fight/his performance........It really sucks for boxing when it happens because it shows you can put on a winning performance, and have it taken away from you (moreso than any other sport).

He should retire IMO. I too will await Kellerman' take....he is usually the most balanced head in the sport, and doesnt let HBO biased influence (as much as other talking heads).

WBO to rescore Pacquiao/Horn fight.... but outcome will remain

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-result-stands

Quote Originally Posted by PTB View Post
    WBO to rescore Pacquiao/Horn fight.... but outcome will remain

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-result-stands
    Nice to see them do something, but it will be of no consequence. If you noticed Pacman wasnt at the press conference (also due to the cuts) and Arum didnt have anything positive to say about pacman after the fight. Word on the street is Pacman's Top Rank contract is up.....conspiracy theoriests are buzzing as to that is why the scores/outcome in Horn winning. I dont believe that....but boxing never fails to surprise me.

What's up fellas!!

Haven't been here for a minute.

I've had very little interest in the Mayweather/McGregor fight.... waiting it out for GGG/Canelo in September.

Having said that... a few thoughts on the card:

Gevonta Davis is a promising fighter, but clearly he's to big and needs to move up. Glad they took the belt, but that shot was behind the head and may have warranted disqualification.
    Still, I'll watch him in the future

As for the fight... good strategy by Floyd, taking Connor into deep water, then drowning him. Some say it was stopped too soon, but I don't think so, and it keeps Connor relevant in MMA... but there's NO WAY he should stay in boxing with guys like Thurman, Spence, GGG, Canelo waiting.. but the money that could be made for that event may be too tempting, and despite what Dana says, I can't see UFC being able to give him similar compensation, especially if he fights winner of GGG/Canelo.

And it's been a while since some wifey pics have been posted, but Lebron James and his wife was at the fight, and I must say she's worthy of posting:

Page 239 of 240 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240 LastLast