Page 201 of 240 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3600

I think we are closing in on "mayhem" - Mayweather vs Maidana 2 - I think Mayweather smokes him this time; and i think maidana fights dirtier as well.

Klitchko fights Pulev in early september I think - should be a challenge as pulev isnt a pushover, but he is very basic, if wlad can keep him on the end of his jab, and put the right hand behind it, he can stop this one early.

Broner-Emmanuel Taylor, Matthyesse vs someone, berto vs someone else is happening in early september....taylor just beat mayfield who isnt an elite fighter at all, but he is a decent top 20-40 fighter....lets see if broner still thinks he an walk through shots and be inactive...

OLYMPIAN

I agree with you. I think Floyd carried Maidana the 1st time to set up another acceptable big money, yet easy fight. I think he paint jobs Maidana this time.

Pulev is a legit #1 contender. At least by todays heavyweight standard. I hope he can at least make a fight of it.

Would like to see Broner knocked out and gone forever. Lucas if anyone probably deserves an easier opponent. He's fought some good fighters/tough fights the past couple years. But after this, he needs to get back after the big dogs.

Berto makes for fun fights, but he's been done and I don't see that changing. After his fight with Collazo, his people took the path of least resistance and it totally stopped his development. Kind of a shame. It is what could have happened with Kell Brook after the 1st Carson Jones fight. Instead of fighting pussies and no hopers he got right back in with Jones and dominated him. That should be the blue print for young fighters. To some extent it's what Floyd did with Castillo. Most people thought Castillo won the 1st fight and to his credit Floyd gave him an immediate rematch and although it was competitive, it wasn't really that close.

Wladimir has suffered an injury to his biceps. The fight is postponed. More later.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Keith Thurman vs Diego Chaves - full fight

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Not that he was that relevant, but it appears Chavez Jr. is fading away...

FROM ESPN:

Super middleweight Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., who has fought just once this year, a decision win against Bryan Vera in their March rematch, just doesn’t seem in the mood to get into the ring. That is certainly Chavez’s prerogative, but he’s leaving a lot on the table in his snit with promoter Top Rank and apparent disinterest in boxing.

ESPN.com Boxing on Twitter

Don't miss any of our wall-to-wall boxing coverage, including live analysis of Saturday's fights. Twitter »

The negotiations for a January fight with titleholder Carl Froch are going nowhere and very well could be dead as Froch is instead looking at a mandatory defense against British countryman James DeGale because Chavez seems so reluctant to make a deal.

And now Chavez (48-1-1, 32 KOs), who fought just once in 2013 and will fight only once this year, is also passing up the opportunity to win a super middleweight title against Anthony Dirrell (27-0-1, 22 KOs), who claimed the belt on Aug. 16 as he outpointed Sakio Bika in a rematch of their draw. Chavez is Dirrell’s mandatory challenger and not inclined to take that undeserved title opportunity either.

The WBC announced on its website on Monday that Chavez has notified the organization that he will not exercise his mandatory status against Dirrell. The WBC, therefore, said it has approved Dirrell to make a voluntary defense of his title in his next fight while the organization figures out the mandatory challenger.

Keep in mind that Chavez now has not only rejected two different super middleweight title opportunities but also declined to face middleweight titlist Gennady Golovkin in a fight that was being put together for July at the Forum in Inglewood, California.

Golovkin had agreed to all terms and would have moved up in weight, but Chavez could not work out his end of the deal with Top Rank, which had already come to an agreement with Golovkin promoter K2 Promotions as well as HBO PPV.

So since Chavez trained all of about a week for his shot against then-middleweight champion Sergio Martinez in September 2012 -- and then failed a postfight drug test and served a nine-month suspension -- he has fought all of twice, both times against Vera, including the first fight which he failed to make weight for and deserved to lose.

That is messed up. Chavez better get his act together or he might as well retire.

Chavez is pissing away his career......he can be very exciting to watch, but he never fails to act like a dick. Weight issues, weed, and now his demands....

He was working on the deal with GGG, but Arum offered him one guarantee for the fight, but then offered him a second, higher guarantee for the fight, if he also extended his contract with top rank....which seems like a pretty standard move....pay your fighter more if he is willing to commit longer....he wanted the second guarantee with no extention....and thats where talks failed....god knows he isnt training now so he is wasting his career....

another wasted of the PRIME of his career is Andre Ward.....he is in a dispute with his promoter Dan goosen, because Goosen doesnt want Wards manager, former hip hop mogul J. Prince (who was also heavily involved with floyd mayweather early in his career) to be part of his team/fight negotiations....IMO dude is p4p either the best or 2nd best fighter on the planet (2nd to floyd of course)....and these seem like seemingly minimal things to be fighting over, but all of 2014 is going to pass and dude isnt going to fight....but at least in his case he is still training, he posts a lot of footage/pics on instagram.

This weekend look for highlight reel KO's for Mathysse and Berto.....Broner may have a fight on his hands, but he should win this one....taylor is a very active fighter, throws a lot of punches, so he can swing some rounds if broner does his usual low-budget shoulder roll - head nod, pot-shot low volume activity....

speaking of taylors, new middleweight champ sam soliman is making his first defense of his title, which he took off felix strum, against frequently concussed jermaine taylor.....who hasnt fought at 160 in a while.....im all about fighters getting money, but i dont like this fight

but at solimans age i can understand he wants a winable defense and faded fighters with a name always draw in other countries

Golovkin is fighting Rubio, who always gets some preference from the WBC....Rubio is a tough experienced dude, but I cant see this fight lasting longer than 8 rounds.....

given their at similar points in their careers, if Martinez is deemed healthy, i wouldnt be surprised if he fights Felix Sturm in one last swan song.....

and that is the end of my random ramblings.....for now.

Beefy, how'd you like TO?

OLYMPIAN

I'm slow right now, what is TO?

TO = Toronto

OLYMPIAN

My bad. I liked it. I stayed at a Hilton Garden on Peter Street I believe. Was an easy straight walk to the ball game friday night. We went to buy tickets for Saturdays game and they were sold out. It was about 15 minutes before game time on Friday and I said do you have any left for tonight and luckily they did. Also, it was the only game all weekend the Tigers won and they came back in the 9th to do so, so it worked out for the best.

I was about to blocks from King Street, which is quite lively. Man, I cannot believe how many people smoke and litter in Canada. I guess you guys are more progressive than us on everything but those 2 issues. LOL.

Sunday morning, I caught a good chest workout at Goodlife Fitness on Yonge Street. The young lady who gave me the guest pass also happened to have tits the ilk of the lovely Mrs. Cotto.

We attempted to eat at Gretzky's restaurant and encountered the worst service I can remember for years. We ended up leaving before ordering and went for Thai instead. Which happened to be on King Street and was fantastic.

Interesting question posed on ESPN this morning in light oglf the Ray Rice situation. .. a case was made thst while many are outraged over his actions, the failure of investigators and his light sentence, on whether those same people would buy Floyd's fight over the weekend, who from what they noted, has 4 known accounts of battery of women - the last of which landed him in jail for 3 months.

Do they have a point? If you're against DV.. can you in good conscious buy any of Floyd's PPV events? Or that of any athlete with known DV history.

Many people stream Floyd's fights nowadays.

Mayweather vs. Maidana 1 - Full Fight The Moment

Floyd Mayweather - Open Workout Live Stream - Tue 9/2 - SHOWTIME Boxing

All Access: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - Full Episode 1

All Access: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 - Full Episode 2

I've never seen an athlete so brazen with his new "girlfriends".... don't know how much is for show... but wow, he's BOUGHT himself some companions! Boxing is a circus and he's the biggest master.

Page 201 of 240 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast