Page 188 of 240 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3600

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    this doesn't look good. From what ive read tho....the guys who got beat up, didn't go to the cops, they went straight to a lawyer....looks like they want to get paid.
    This sounds eerily like O.J..... it was him going after some folks stealing from him, brandishing a gun that finally put him away. Floyd already had prison time, and I'm not sure if he was on probation.

OLYMPIAN

You guys know that I'm a Danny Garcia guy, but he did NOT win that fight. Nor did I even think it was close.

I'm not saying he lost every round, but there was only 1 round that I thought he definitively won and in that round Herrera landed the best punch of the round.

8-4 Garcia is among the worst cards I've seen recently. I don't think the judges were corrupt, I think they were swayed by the crowd who went ape shit every time Danny threw. I think 10-2 Herrera is "more" accurate than 8-4 Garcia.

Showtimes punch counters were also way off. Herrera landed way more punches, they only had him by about 20 more at the end and that was after a 15 punch edge in the final round. Really, going into the 12 round they were virtually even in punches landed? No f-ing way. Garcia with a 2-1 edge in power shots? He didn't land anything.

Too bad, because regardless it was a pretty good fight. Funny, the judge who scored it even was from Puerto Rico.

Did Malik Scott take a dive? The left was decent and landed high on the head, but the right missed. Did not touch anything other than part of his glove. That was pathetic.

Too bad the ref stopped the Juan Ma and Ponce DeLeon fight too soon. That was fun while it lasted, but should have went on. Actually, had he stopped it after the 1st knockdown, I would have been ok with it. Ponce was out on his feet still at the count of 9. By the time he got up from the 2nd knockdown, he was on pretty solid ground. Oh well, neither guy is going anywhere. Now we will get to see Juan Ma knocked silly again by the 1st real 130 pounder he fights.

I like Isaac Chilemba. He beat Denis Grachev handily on points. I would like to see Chilemba and Edwin Rodriguez matched up against either Stevenson or Kovalev both on the same card.

I thought my man Tomasz Adamek was gonna and may have pulled it out. What heart on that guy. Pretty much soldiered through the whole damn fight with only one good eye and had Glazkov going in the final 2 rounds.

I've always thought the pre-Lewis version of Andrew Golota had everything it took except mental toughness to be an all time great. I'll tell you what. If Tomasz Adamek had been blessed with Golota's body, we wouldn't be talking about any Klitchko's.

UFC main event. I think Johnny Hendricks thought after pretty much beating GSP that everything else would be easy. Boy, did he find out the hard way. I agree that he won 3-2. But I always maintain that rounds more often need to be scored 10-8 or even half points. I thought Lawlers 2 rounds were much more dominant and devastating than Hendricks 3 rounds. But, I'm ok with the decision. I hope they go to an immediate rematch cuz either guy could lose the next time out. Just the nature of the UFC.

As you can tell, I had nothing better to do tonight as I watched the shit out of boxing and UFC. Oh, don't forget about the UofM v OSU and MSU vs Wisconsin big ten basketball games I watched prior. How great for me (Detroit, MI area) to have UofM and MSU playing for the Big 10 tourney title tomorrow?

Herrera is an expert in making guys look bad, but he himself never looks "good". he distracted danny with the jab, smothered him constantly and landed the occasional big shot. if you are going to fight like that, the dude loading up his punches, and occasionally lands them, will end up winning rounds if he lands them in combination. herrera blocked and muffed most of garcia's best work, but with the constant clinching and crowding, he wasnt doing much offensively either....wide cards, but im not surprised danny won. a veteran like him, who never stops anyone,should know by now what it takes to win rounds, especially if you are fighting a fighter in his birth place in a showcase like this....he made danny uncomfortable, but he could have done way more to "BEAT" him.

ive seen replays of the scott KO....dont know what to think of it, is wilder that much of a beast that he can KO a guy with glancing blows? the right hand looked like it kinda popped through the guard. Scott isnt getting any big fights, if he took a dive here i wouldnt be surprised, but i do think he got hit there....

whn i read that juanma won, i think it was misreading it......i was convinced this guy was finished and against an awkward puncher like ponce de leon i thought he would get destroyed....he judt bought himself some time.

didnt see any of the other fights or the UFC card....was working last night. will have to catch up.

\

Sick action in this fight.....juan ma can still bang. not sure whats more impressive, the counter right hand by juan ma.....or his ridiculously hot wife/gf at the end (see 14mins)

OLYMPIAN

\

Sick action in this fight.....juan ma can still bang. not sure whats more impressive, the counter right hand by juan ma.....or his ridiculously hot wife/gf at the end (see 14mins)
    I'd say his wife. Still, for me, I'd love to climb Mount Mrs. Cotto!

OLYMPIAN

You are my man. Please God, let there be a sex tape that leaks out.
    Last edited by beefyfan; 03-17-2014 at 10:22 PM.

LOL. aside from her looks, she actually seems like good people....the two of them got divorced a couple years ago, but they are back together now, which is pretty cool.....don't hear about too often.....one cool visual I remember is her and cotto's youngest son cheering as cotto was spanking margarito in the rematch.

OLYMPIAN

That night he beat Margarito was one of the happiest I've ever been about the outcome of a fight. Bet you he's a motor-boating SOB!

on the eve of the Bradley-Pacman rematch, Scott Christ of BadLeftHook drops a synopsis of Pacman's last 10 fights:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/3/19...last-10-fights

Kovalev just walked through agnew. Agnew tried to be strategic and not engage and try to survive, but he was doing little else. Kovlaev is a monster.....way to call out Adonis at the end....he should be held accountable.....Adonis took a bigger offer for the fonfara fight with showtime (which Stevenson was entitled allowed to shop for as stated in his HBO contract) but now, being with haymon, he prob wont fight on HBO and wont fight kovalev anytime soon.

OLYMPIAN

"Adonis Stevenson is a piece of shit"

-Sergei Kovalev

OLYMPIAN

I saw this coming back when they shared a card in November and when asked about Kovalev, Adonis didn't even want to discuss him. He is a PUSSY. I am hoping and praying the Fonfara pulls the upset. Hopefully, a one punch knockout.

Granted, most of this is HBO's fault but shame on Showtime. All they are doing is repeating the mistakes that HBO had been making the past 10-15 years and it's us (the fans) who pay for it. Kovalev vs Stevenson is the best fight to be made in boxing and it will never happen. The two networks need to make a deal. They need to agree to rotating mega fights between their respective house fighters. For example, HBO should get to air Kovalev vs Stevenson and Showtime can get Mayweather vs Manny. So on and so forth.

Hopefully, the friction between Oscar and Richard Schaefer will result in 2 separate promotional companies. Oscar can then return to doing business with HBO as well as Showtime.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    I saw this coming back when they shared a card in November and when asked about Kovalev, Adonis didn't even want to discuss him. He is a PUSSY. I am hoping and praying the Fonfara pulls the upset. Hopefully, a one punch knockout.

Granted, most of this is HBO's fault but shame on Showtime. All they are doing is repeating the mistakes that HBO had been making the past 10-15 years and it's us (the fans) who pay for it. Kovalev vs Stevenson is the best fight to be made in boxing and it will never happen. The two networks need to make a deal. They need to agree to rotating mega fights between their respective house fighters. For example, HBO should get to air Kovalev vs Stevenson and Showtime can get Mayweather vs Manny. So on and so forth.

Hopefully, the friction between Oscar and Richard Schaefer will result in 2 separate promotional companies. Oscar can then return to doing business with HBO as well as Showtime.
    Is there friction? its pretty obvious shafer and arum don't like each other....but if they really care about the sport, they should see that the fights that matter aren't happening....aside from manny vs money, there are so many more fights.....not only kovalev vs Stevenson, but think about GGG vs 160'ers on showtime (kid chocolate), ward vs the 168, 175 heads on showtime.....its going to keep getting worse......especially if top rank keeps making manny, juan, Bradley, rios, Alvarado fight each other....it will get old.

Pacman Media workout.....looking sharp. Good movement, nice to see him doing some head movement in between combinations. after the mitt work, Justin fortune is there giving manny some water. Dude is an ex heavyweight contender, and was another trainer working out of freddie's wild card gym.....after some sort of beef he left, and has been pretty vocal about not supporting freddie or his fighters, but he was there with manny in the beginning and its nice to see him there now....

Page 188 of 240 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238 ... LastLast