Page 193 of 240 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3600

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Money Mayweather - Media day work out....he's looking good.
    http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/4/23...rkout#comments
    I just watched that whole video in entirety.....I have a feeling he might try to stop maidana.

I dont know how he goes for so long without breaks....really speaks to his, dare i say it, hard work and dedication!!! LOL. but in the beginning he goes from the mits to the bodywork then back to the mits and back again to the bodypad all without stopping for over 15 mins.....

I miss this guy.....when it comes to natural boxing talent, its hard to think of many people on his level. He was his own worst enemy, always out of shape.

Both from grand rapids Michigan....grew up down the street from Floyd, both of them masters of the shoulder roll.

OLYMPIAN

Shitty card on show time tonight. Only interesting fight is Figueroa vs bel monte for WBC lightweight title. Thurman and Matthiessen are fighting shot espn2 fighters.

Thats what i thought too

but.....Matthyesse vs molina is in the 8th round right now....non stop action.....molina is tougher than i thought. lucas is bombing away....molina is taking it.

10th round just finished.....this fight could be fight of the year candidate right here....lucas is putting in awesome work on the inside and is landing thudding jabs on the outside....how molina is eating these shots is beyond me.

Lucas Matthyesse TKO11 John Molina. GREAT FIGHT!!!
    Molina won some knock downs, mostly flash and based on balance as opposed to power. Lucas just battered molina into submission....he showed some sick technique on the inside and a nice jab on the outside, measuring the right hand with the jab....he is a better boxer than ppl give credit for.

Thurman TKO'd Diaz.....thurman looked good...moved well, threw faster than ive seen before, great punch variation.....diaz is a tough dude, if they stopped the fight on the rib shot, he was def hurt.

OLYMPIAN

Still a shitty card on paper. If not for Molina fighting the fight of his life and perhaps giving us the early front runner for fight of the year, it would have been a shitty card in the ring as well.

I'll disagree slightly. I say Lucas was hurt early, and more than once. I think there are some chinks in his armor. Hit him on the chin and he walks through it, but there is a soft spot high on his head, and he aint real comfortable getting hit in the body. The way he was wobbled and knocked down from head shots reminded me of the one time heavyweight prospect, Clifford Etienne.

With that being said, Lucas is an animal and supremely conditioned. He had better find a way to continue to make 140 comfortably, because if he moves to 147, I think he'll mirror Ricky Hatton.

Thurman needs better competition. There are 3 guys at 147 who could trouble Mayweather. I'm not saying beat him, but trouble him. Manny, for reasons I've stated ad nausea. Bradley just because he's athletic, strong and active and Keith Thurman because he's young, strong, heavy handed, active and very, very athletic. If Floyd doesn't fight him soon, he's never going to.

OLYMPIAN

I also agree with you about James Toney. One of the most naturally talented fighters of all time. If he had any sort of work ethic, he'd be an all time great. Even in his 2nd reinvention, had he stayed at cruiser when it bumped to 200 or kept himself under 215 as a heavyweight, he'd have been something. His victories over Jirov and Holyfield were inspiring. Too bad for his legacy, bank account and long term health he was such a fat, lazy fuck.

The first knock down on lucas was a clean right he didnt see coming, landed on the chin. he wasnt too phased by it. the second knock down, he was hit high on the head towards the back, and was squared up, balance was a bit of a factor there.....he was accurate with short shots on the inside, mixed his punches up well going to he body and head and was landing big with both hands. didnt etienne go down like 8 times in one fight....i think lucas isnt that bad lol

I've been saying thurman needs better competition....you can put your hands down and jump around against a fighter like diaz.....he wouldnt be able to do that against porter, who he is aiming to fight next.

With James Toney, he carried his power through the higher weight classes. it bothered me how fat he got.....like really, disgustingly fat. surprisingly enough, the 2011 or 2012 fight he took with dennis lebedev at cruiserweight, he actually made sub 200 lbs, but was dead at the weight and just stood there like a punching bag. then balloned upto 250 again....He admits that he let himself down after the holyfield fight.....but he has done so many more times after that. apparenly he has a pituitary gland issue and suffers from chronically low testosterone.....he has failed some drug tests for using HRT.....or so he and his team says.

Did you watch the UFC card.....saw most of the jon jones main event....he was doing some nice work on the inside, landing short shots (hooks and uppercuts). Because of all the variables in involved, i know there is difference in the punches you can throw in MMA, but it always bothered me how bad some top MMA fighters are at punching....jab is under utilized, and every other punch is wide and winging.....nice to see guys shortening up their shots on the inside, and sticking some straight punches.

OLYMPIAN

Yeah, I watched the Jones fight. For me, he's the only must see tv in the UFC. He was on his game last night. Best he's been in his last 3 fights or so. He toyed with that dude. I don't think Gustavson has a chance in the rematch.

No, Lucas isn't anywhere near as bad as Etienne. You know how they say styles make fight? Well, I think that applies to punches/punchers make fights. I don't, but most people would say Tyson was a bigger puncher than Lewis yet Ruddock stood up for 19-20 rounds against Tyson and couldn't get out of the 2nd with Lewis. It just might be that Molina has the type of punch and punch location that will always bother Lucas. Anyways, it turned out to be a great fight. The last 3 rounds were probably unnecessary and possibly detrimental to Molina's career/health, but lets hope he can build off this.

I hope this Oscar and Schaefer riff leads to a split. It would be nice for Oscar to take a chunk or even half or more of the Golden Boy stable and work with both networks again.

At 140/147: Lucas vs Rios, Provo, Alvarado, Marquez, Bradley or Manny would all be fan friendly FOTY candidates.

Also, the best fight that's not going to be made in boxing could happen with Stevenson and Kovalev.

ITS MAY DAY!!!

Predictions:

Mayweather vs Maidana.
    - A dominant performance from mayweather. He will press the fight more offensively this time around, but chino is a tough dude. Look for maidana to land some Big awkward shots, maybe rock mayweather once, but mayweather will adapt, move, and wont get hit twice consecuitively. I wouldnt be surprised if mayweather can pull a stoppage in this fight, but, he never goes for it when he sees he can safely potshot and bank rounds. Mayweather WIDE UD along the lines of 120-108 to 118-110.

Khan vs Collazo.
    If Khan can stay on the outside and use his hand speed and reach, he can outbox collazo to a safe UD. BUT, he never does that does he?. Collazo is a crafty, tough dude. He gave Hatton hell when they fought, and hung in with Sugar Shane when Mosley was Beasting dudes....this isnt an easy fight for khan, and if Diaz was able to hurt him, collazo defo can do the same. While i think the betting favourite would be khan on a modest decision, I think Collazo will have khan in trouble at multiple times in the fight. Collazo on a Tight decision, or stoppage.

Broner vs Molina.

This fight is useless.....broner is going down to 140. Molina's last fight was in 2012 against khan, and even for that fight he moved upto 140 from 135 i believe. He has a record, but if this is being used as a tune up fight, it doesnt serve much of a purpose. Apparently broner is getting a million for this fight, which bugs me even more. Broner KO3.

Jleon Love vs Pariban......All of mayweather's fighters have had setbacks in some of their last outings. Mickey Bey got rocked agains john molina, Love failed a drug test in his win over rosado, and badou jack got KO'd by an old vet in what was supposed to be a look-good tune up fight. Pariban is a tough tough dude. his fight with bika showed he will bang. unless love can outbox him i actually see pariban winning this. Pariban by MD/SD. But i wouldnt be surprised if love can pull the decision.

OLYMPIAN

Can anyone pm me a link for the fight? Much appreciated.

glove controversy pre- mayweather-maidana......those gloves do look fucky....

Mayweather was money last night. Maidana put in some work, and bralwed and pushed mayweather harder than weve seen, but he could only work when maulling floyd....when floyd landed you could see the shots stop maidana in his tracks. Floyd landed 230 of 436, while maidana landed 220/858.....landed more and threw 50% less. While we havnet seen floyd get roughed up as much as he did last night, he never got hurt. I dont think he responded enough to maidana's attacks early in the fight, but he got to work towards the end. Maidana had to completely abandon his jab because floyd kept hitting him with the straight right counter each and every time like clock work. I scored it 115-113 for mayweather, and I think i gave maidana a lot of rounds that could have gone either way. Maidana dictated the pace a lot, and I can see people making a case for him winning, but when it came to the punches that counted, mayweather delivered.

Page 193 of 240 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast