Page 228 of 240 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3600
    OLYMPIAN

Exactly. I've never seen such a talented fighter have zero ability to handle adversity.

OLYMPIAN

Jack seemed to get hosed in his fight. Bute pushed hard, but too little too late in my opinion. Hopefully, Jack learns from this and is a little more consistent.

If Degeale can get Jack to exchange, and I think he can. I think Degeale will stop him. Jack has shitloads of talent and tools, but it doesn't look like he has that "dog" in him. I believe Degeale does.

Should be a good fight. Hopefully it comes off this fall.

Overall, what an excellent night of boxing. Except for the walk off fight on Fox with Eddie Chambers and the football player. Eddie Chambers needs to retire and either be a trainer or a full time sparring partner.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    Jack seemed to get hosed in his fight. Bute pushed hard, but too little too late in my opinion. Hopefully, Jack learns from this and is a little more consistent.

If Degeale can get Jack to exchange, and I think he can. I think Degeale will stop him. Jack has shitloads of talent and tools, but it doesn't look like he has that "dog" in him. I believe Degeale does.

Should be a good fight. Hopefully it comes off this fall.

Overall, what an excellent night of boxing. Except for the walk off fight on Fox with Eddie Chambers and the football player. Eddie Chambers needs to retire and either be a trainer or a full time sparring partner.
    What was Chambers doing in that fight? What was the point?

Montiel needs to retire....thats at least the second highlight reel KO he has experienced, and one of them is enough.

Rodriguez got slammed with so many big shots consecutively im surprised he kept his senses there....fighting squared up with his chin out is asking to get stopped!!

Ortiz....I'm tired of that blank look in his face where he acts like he is out of it. He knows he just got hurt and doesnt want to say he's done, but he's done.....nice stoppage for berto....will keep his name in the hat at 147.

I heard amir khan skips leg day....so i dont know about his legs at 155
    After Khan gets stopped, who will fight for the lineal caneloweight champioship?

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    What was Chambers doing in that fight? What was the point?

Montiel needs to retire....thats at least the second highlight reel KO he has experienced, and one of them is enough.

Rodriguez got slammed with so many big shots consecutively im surprised he kept his senses there....fighting squared up with his chin out is asking to get stopped!!

Ortiz....I'm tired of that blank look in his face where he acts like he is out of it. He knows he just got hurt and doesnt want to say he's done, but he's done.....nice stoppage for berto....will keep his name in the hat at 147.

I heard amir khan skips leg day....so i dont know about his legs at 155
    After Khan gets stopped, who will fight for the lineal caneloweight champioship?
    That made me LOL. Good question, about who Canelo fights next. I'll answer that as a hypothetical because I believe King Khan pulls the upset and outpoints Canelo handily.

If Canelo stops Khan it is gonna be later in the fight while down on points and it will be very premature. Those are my two official predictions. LOL.

Canelo might fight Cotto again before fighting GGG. He could get BJ Saunders to fight him at his own Caneloweight. Maybe Tureano Johnson? Who knows. If he doesn't fight GGG this fall, Ring Magazine should strip him and let GGG fight the highest ranked willing contender for the real title.

Alvaraz vs Khan.... an expected but still scary and devastating KO... may be KO of the year!!

Khan is skilled and showed it early on, but the body shots from Canelo took some starch out of Khan, and that chin simply couldn't hold up to Canelo's power... but to be fair, that shot would take out most fighters, but with Khan, there was no doubt.

Hopefully we'll get the fight we want.

OLYMPIAN

Yep. For the 1st few rounds I was validated in saying Khan has the tool set to outpoint Canelo. The body shots slowed him down enough to be able to catch him upstairs. Kill the body and the head will fall. Canelo will be a pariah in the boxing world if he doesn't fight GGG this fall. Undercard bouts looked good on paper but didn't deliver. Good main event though. No reason for Khan to hang his head. He dared to be great. Hopefully, he'll get a title shot at 147 or even 154 next.

Julio Chavez Jr also ducked GGG... though granted he wasn't the best out there, but it could have been a big fight... possibly PPV at the time. If Canelo dodges him it would also be a bad look for Mexican fighters.. who I thought had a reputation for toughness and taking on all comers... Canelo's talk was big tonight... even had the translator cursing.. but sign the papers... I think he should get the lion's share based on is popularity.. I'm fine with a 60/40 split. I don't think GGG can afford to be bogged down in lengthy negotiations.

OLYMPIAN

If I'm GGG I'd even settle for 75-25. That's still gonna be a huge payout and will position him for even larger payouts going forward. Assuming GGG takes out Canelo, which I do they'd have a rematch at which point he'd probably get 50-50 or 60-40 and make another career high payday. Then it makes sense for him to invade 168 and hope to lure the big boys to come face him or meet him half way.

I read somewhere that he abused Kovalev a few years ago during a sparring session and was asked to leave and never come back.

If I'm GGG I'd even settle for 75-25. That's still gonna be a huge payout and will position him for even larger payouts going forward. Assuming GGG takes out Canelo, which I do they'd have a rematch at which point he'd probably get 50-50 or 60-40 and make another career high payday. Then it makes sense for him to invade 168 and hope to lure the big boys to come face him or meet him half way.

I read somewhere that he abused Kovalev a few years ago during a sparring session and was asked to leave and never come back.
    Lots to discuss..

Khan - boxed great for the first 2 rounds until Canelo warmed up. He had the speed and boxing. He pitched a 3up-3down inning in that first round Canelo didnt know what to do. It was a matter of time before he got comfortable and let his hands down and/or stayed in front of canelo too long. I would call that a KO of the year, but because it was a welterweight vs a middleweight, i wouldnt vote for it.

Canelo - Found his groove later on (usually a slow starter). Missed Wildly at times, that would cost him against other more khazakstanian opponents. Amazing bodywork and dope set-up with the body feint (especially after all the body work) then the loaded overhand right. After the KO he walked over and kneeled beside khan. I hope he realized there, that there are consequences to fighting smaller opponents like that.

Khan has nothing to be ashamed of, he moved up to 160, and for a time out-boxed a bigger man. Dared to be great, also dared to get rich....with his back-end of uk PPV, he stands to make about $12 million from this fight. For what its worth, he fights the fights and always comes to fight....the balls on this kid.

Kudos for him and Virgil Hunter for calling out Canelo after the fight saying if they fought him, he should fight GGG. GGG is getting around a mill a fight right now, give or take (depending on the opponent). Take whatever money to make this fight....bank the rest as an investment in the future.....20%, 30%....take it and throw it back in canelo/reynoso's face after you beat him.

GGG sparred with Canelo 5 years ago as well and roughed him up.....there are reasons why a lot of fighters 154-175 dont want it with GGG, he made the sparring rounds years ago and got a rep for buzzing opponents even with the headgear....he did the same thing to Peter Quillen. No body wants it with Good boy.....but if canelo wants to be great, step up and take the fight.

I will bet the bank, canelo will agree on 160, but will want an unreasonable split (90-10).....if i was GGG take it and run.....

OLYMPIAN

I think making 155 hurts Canelo too. I think if Canelo asked for 157, GGG would take it. But I'm with you about the 160 and 90-10 split. As long as GGG is guaranteed a career payday I'd take it if I were him. You're right, it's an investment in the future. GGG is 34 and needs the fight sooner rather than later.

I wasn't always a Khan fan, but he's won me over. I wish he'd have fought Bradley when they were at 140 and Kell Brook at 147 but this makes up for it. Now, hopefully he won't be fighting Chris Algeri or Luis Collazo next. Would love to see a rematch with Danny Garcia. I'm about off of the Garcia train now as his career has petered out since the Matthysee victory. Who does Garcia have lined up next? I haven't heard anything except for a rumor about him maybe fighting Broner.

I think making 155 hurts Canelo too. I think if Canelo asked for 157, GGG would take it. But I'm with you about the 160 and 90-10 split. As long as GGG is guaranteed a career payday I'd take it if I were him. You're right, it's an investment in the future. GGG is 34 and needs the fight sooner rather than later.

I wasn't always a Khan fan, but he's won me over. I wish he'd have fought Bradley when they were at 140 and Kell Brook at 147 but this makes up for it. Now, hopefully he won't be fighting Chris Algeri or Luis Collazo next. Would love to see a rematch with Danny Garcia. I'm about off of the Garcia train now as his career has petered out since the Matthysee victory. Who does Garcia have lined up next? I haven't heard anything except for a rumor about him maybe fighting Broner.
    I was never a huge fan of khan, but he is what he is. Face Value he is never in a boring fight, he is exciting to watch both because of his skills and vulnerabilities. He was washing Danny Garcia before he got clipped. and still managed to fight on for a full round completely out on his feet. He is the mandatory for his 147 WBC belt so I think he rematches garcia next.

He has come straight out saying he doesnt like kell brook and is not going to fight him. Brook is clearly the better fighter of the two, but him and his promoter come across as dicks when it comes to khan....Khan is in the twilight of his career, fight your fights man.

Apparently Canelo-Khan got BAD numbers, so bad HBO wont release them....SHould put pressure to make the big fight.

OLYMPIAN

Good. HBO is the reason we now have the PBC and a complete lack of compelling and competitive fights. The 90's to early 00's were really a golden era when I look back. I'll always be a boxing guy first, but the UFC destroys it from top to bottom. Maybe now with Floyd and Manny all but gone from the scene all parties involved will learn from mistakes that have been made and not let good fights over marinate. Definitely glad to see Crawford and Postol fighting this summer. If Canelo and GGG fight in September, I'd say we're on the right track. Wlad and Fury rematching this summer (even if the fight sucks) is a good thing. I think this fight will be much better on the eyes. Fury is going to think he can KO Wlad and Wlad will hopefully have one last inspired performance. If Ward and Kovalev fight this fall, it will have been a rebound year for boxing and big matches.

Canelo is fielding offers to callum smith and other fighters at 154....he probably shouldnt have said anything after the khan fight. Boo this man.

Vargas - Salido was a.......wait for it.....SLOBBERKNOCKER. They broke some compubox record.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...champions-list

not that its news, but take a scroll through the champions list.

the WBA has a super, regular and interim title in most weight classes. which is insane.
    interim titles should only be used when the defending champ cannot defend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 228 of 240 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast