Page 236 of 240 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 3600
    OLYMPIAN

His cabinet is riddled with bigots, flat earthers, climate deniers, Christian Taliban, you name it. The American Dream is dead. Has been dying since Reagan. Fuck, I'm depressed. I just read he is kicking Sarah Palin around as possibly heading up the Veterans Administration. Sweet Jeebus.

Disappointed to hear the Bernard didn't use brother Nazim for this training camp. I'm not surprised, for all the good qualities he possesses, loyalty doesn't seem to be among them. I've said it before. If my son was a prize fighter and I could have one person in all of boxing in his corner, I'd take brother Nazim. Great trainer, strategist and is a genuinely compassionate human being. Oh well. Boxing is finishing up the year decently. Let's hope they get 2017 off to a much better start than 2016. Overall, this is the worst boxing year of my life.

I've become a serious UFC fan over the past few years. I wish boxing had the same structure.

Quote Originally Posted by beefyfan View Post
    His cabinet is riddled with bigots, flat earthers, climate deniers, Christian Taliban, you name it. The American Dream is dead. Has been dying since Reagan. Fuck, I'm depressed. I just read he is kicking Sarah Palin around as possibly heading up the Veterans Administration. Sweet Jeebus.

Disappointed to hear the Bernard didn't use brother Nazim for this training camp. I'm not surprised, for all the good qualities he possesses, loyalty doesn't seem to be among them. I've said it before. If my son was a prize fighter and I could have one person in all of boxing in his corner, I'd take brother Nazim. Great trainer, strategist and is a genuinely compassionate human being. Oh well. Boxing is finishing up the year decently. Let's hope they get 2017 off to a much better start than 2016. Overall, this is the worst boxing year of my life.

I've become a serious UFC fan over the past few years. I wish boxing had the same structure.
    I didnt know Bernard was not using Nazim.....you know the reason?

I would assume it would be because nazim probably didnt want him to fight. Joe Smith can punch and b-hop aint moving like he used to. Still looks amazing for his age, but he got battered by kovalev....only so many of those fights to be had in ones life....

Loma-Walters was not the fireworks ppl assumed but thats because loma is awesome....
    Side note to that fight when Bob arum first tried to make this fight, HBO offered $1million total, and walters wanted $1million for himself. Arum proposed $600 to walters and $400 to loma as I believe walters had a belt at the time....walters turned it down. He just fought Loma for $300K, and got his ass kicked........smart business move bruh.

Kovalev-Ward was a great scrap; We have the rematch for Frampton-Santa Cruz and Garcia-Thurman coming....so some good fights on the way. 2017 should be OKay. Jacobs-GGG inin march hopefully (if jacobs doesnt bitch out, which he is currently doing, and is surprising given evertyhing he has gone through in his career)....then GGG-Canelo somewhere when canelo weights 175 lbs and wants a canelo weight of 167.

For all much of the bullshit he causes in boxing, Al Haymon was onto something with PBC, where I believe he was going to mirror UFC (and potentially create his own PBC titles). The funny money ran out and now they are restructuring things....one sign of that were some of those big mismatches as main events in the most recent cards....at least it broughtboxing to cable.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    I didnt know Bernard was not using Nazim.....you know the reason? No, Nazim said he was ready and able but was never asked. Bernard says "Nazim had some things going on personally" and that he couldn't. Nazim denied this. No trash talk yet. Brother Nazim wished him well and predicts a victory. How long til Bernard goes rogue and trashes Nazim?

I would assume it would be because nazim probably didn't want him to fight. Joe Smith can punch and b-hop aint moving like he used to. Still looks amazing for his age, but he got battered by kovalev....only so many of those fights to be had in ones life....

Loma-Walters was not the fireworks ppl assumed but thats because loma is awesome....
    Side note to that fight when Bob arum first tried to make this fight, HBO offered $1million total, and walters wanted $1million for himself. Arum proposed $600 to walters and $400 to loma as I believe walters had a belt at the time....walters turned it down. He just fought Loma for $300K, and got his ass kicked........smart business move bruh. Loma is awesome. Walters went to the JMM school of negotiating. LOL. Now, he's fucked. It would be a long time before I'd let him back on my network after that total puss move last weekend.

Kovalev-Ward was a great scrap; We have the rematch for Frampton-Santa Cruz and Garcia-Thurman coming....so some good fights on the way. 2017 should be OKay. Jacobs-GGG inin march hopefully (if jacobs doesnt bitch out, which he is currently doing, and is surprising given evertyhing he has gone through in his career)....then GGG-Canelo somewhere when canelo weights 175 lbs and wants a canelo weight of 167. I hope Kovalev and Ward go straight to the rematch but my gut says Ward bitches out. I hope Frampton wins again. At one time, no pun intended I was very high on both Thurman and Garcia. Thurman, I'm hanging on to a little hope. Garcia has been a bitch since the fight with Lucas. I think Thurman is gonna roll him. Agreed about Jacobs. I don't see this fight happening. I am totally disgusted by Canelo. I expect it from Oscar as it's probably the smart business move but Canelo is disappointing. Oscar too for that matter. Oscar fought everyone. His resume is as impressive as you'll ever come across. Whether he won or lost, he fought everyone.

For all much of the bullshit he causes in boxing, Al Haymon was onto something with PBC, where I believe he was going to mirror UFC (and potentially create his own PBC titles). The funny money ran out and now they are restructuring things....one sign of that were some of those big mismatches as main events in the most recent cards....at least it broughtboxing to cable.
    Yeah, it could have been great. However, he basically took the money and ran. Ran it straight into his and his roster of fighters pockets by putting on mainly tune up and sparring matches. Now the money is gone and in order to stay afloat he's gonna have to get creative and networks and those putting up money are going to insist in better fights. I really think he squandered an opportunity. Maybe it's not too late. If it is too late, these guys are gonna have to go crawling back to Showtime and HBO begging for fights/dates. I almost think that is why HBO kind of took the year off from boxing. They are waiting for the PBC to fall apart and they will be there to pick up the pieces and at a hell of a price (discount).

PBC was a step in the right direction with the idea....the fights just sucked. I believe they would have had a better return if they actually put on some good shows.

Garcia-Thurman is going to be on PBC and on Cable, not PPV. Danny Garcia was recently on a hiphop podcast called "drink champs" and mentioned it. He also balked at Loma being ranked p4p with 1 loss, while he isnt ranked....well danny, when you fight the rod salkas of the world, ppl are going to give you shit for it brah

If you follow Andre ward on instagram, he posted a number of posts about how kovalev claims he is a dirty fighter just because he lost. in these posts he constantly uses the terms "If the rematch happens..." If i Know ward like I think I do, he likes to call the shots, this rematch isnt happening....He will fight some mid ranked LHW and then consider a kovalev rematch maybe by this time next year.....but time isnt on his side.

OLYMPIAN

I have a ton of respect for Bernard overall, but I think it would be best for everyone and a little karma thrown his way if he loses this weekend. I don't want to see him keep going and end up hurt or embarrassed.

Since Lucas, Danny has beaten Rod Salka, lost to Mauricio Hererra, could have lost to Peterson and had too hard of a time with a battle worn Robert Guererro. I think Thurman is going to run him out of the ring.

Andre Ward is going to bitch out. I'll lay money on it.

The real fight this weekend is Julian J-Rock Williams against one of the Charlo brothers. These are two top flight junior middleweights near their athletic primes. Should be the event, but who really cares. Mares and Cuellar should be a good scrap. I'm going with J-Rock unless he gets hosed by the judges and Cuellar. I think Cuellar will force a stoppage.

I didnt know J-Rock is fighting this weekend. Dude has some pop in his punches. The Charlo brothers are good fighters, but like you I think J-Rock has the intangiables....wouldnt be surprised if charlo pulled it out tho....I'm inclined to lean towards J-Rock because of his trailer park boys name sake.

Found this cool video of unknown sparring footage online...its interesting....
    2011 footage of golovkin beating up chavez jr, Mike Tyson beating partners up, and Khan getting reckless leading upto his KO loss against danny garcia.

Best Southpaw fighters of all time?
    -Hagler
    -whitaker
    -pacman

Who else would you include in that list?
    Joe Calzaghe?

OLYMPIAN

I didnt know J-Rock is fighting this weekend. Dude has some pop in his punches. The Charlo brothers are good fighters, but like you I think J-Rock has the intangiables....wouldnt be surprised if charlo pulled it out tho....I'm inclined to lean towards J-Rock because of his trailer park boys name sake.

Found this cool video of unknown sparring footage online...its interesting....
    2011 footage of golovkin beating up chavez jr, Mike Tyson beating partners up, and Khan getting reckless leading upto his KO loss against danny garcia.

Love the Trailer Park Boys. J-Roc is awesome. "Mofks" aka mother fuckers. LOL. Finished all ten seasons finally. Now watching the Trailer Park Boys Europe - Out of the Park.

OLYMPIAN

Best Southpaw fighters of all time?
    -Hagler
    -whitaker
    -pacman

Who else would you include in that list?
    Joe Calzaghe?
    I'd have to do a history lesson but since 1980?

Calzaghe for sure is on the list. Hector Macho Camacho, Ivan Calderon, Sergio Martinez, Marvin Johnson, Chris Byrd, Naseem Hamed, Winky Wright, Michael Moorer, Erislandy Lara, Zab Judah.

If Hector Camacho would have stayed clean and dedicated, he would have been an all time great.

How would you rank all the guys I've listed?

Top 5 in no particular order would be Hagler, Whitaker, Pacman, Camacho, Calzaghe.

I'd probably rank Prince Naz 6th.

7. Martinez
    8. Calderon
    9. Winky Wright
    10. Marvin Johnson
    11. Byrd
    12. Moorer
    13. Lara
    14. Judah

If Prince Naz could have stayed hungry/mentally recovered from the Barerra loss, he could have been an all time great. As it stands, Pacman, Barerra, Morales and Marquez all owe him a real debt of gratitude for bringing money and notoriety to the lower weight classes.

I'd have to do a history lesson but since 1980?

Calzaghe for sure is on the list. Hector Macho Camacho, Ivan Calderon, Sergio Martinez, Marvin Johnson, Chris Byrd, Naseem Hamed, Winky Wright, Michael Moorer, Erislandy Lara, Zab Judah.

If Hector Camacho would have stayed clean and dedicated, he would have been an all time great.

How would you rank all the guys I've listed?

Top 5 in no particular order would be Hagler, Whitaker, Pacman, Camacho, Calzaghe.

I'd probably rank Prince Naz 6th.

7. Martinez
    8. Calderon
    9. Winky Wright
    10. Marvin Johnson
    11. Byrd
    12. Moorer
    13. Lara
    14. Judah

If Prince Naz could have stayed hungry/mentally recovered from the Barerra loss, he could have been an all time great. As it stands, Pacman, Barerra, Morales and Marquez all owe him a real debt of gratitude for bringing money and notoriety to the lower weight classes.
    Interesting....I would agree on the names, debate some of the placings...
    I like calzaghe, but he didnt take the test early enough IMO.
    He took the soul of Jeff lacy when he was supposed to be a top dog at 175 and then fought an aged b-hop (who beat him IMO), as well as a shell of the fighter who was roy jones jr.

Naz changed the landscape of boxing. I also respect him for making islam such a big part of his identity. HE wouldnt have been able to be that kind of fighter post 9/11. He brought the money to the lighter weight classes because he was explosive. his punching power was insane. Very unorthodox style. He claims that he was at the point where he was breaking both of his hands after each fight so he couldnt keep fighting. dont know how true that is, but the barrera loss was it for him. He wasnt the same fighter after that. I would defo include him on that list.

J-Rock is arguably the second funniest guy on that show. Next to Ricky. That show is really ingenious. THe characters and the storylines are hilarious. The hash driveway storyline/season is my favourite mostly because of the amount of times julian ricky and bubbles had to mess with cyrus.

A lot of fights this past weekend.

Charlo vs Williams
    How wrong was I about this fight. Charlo was miles ahead of williams. he dropped dude with a jab. That KO uppercut was brutal. Charlo is the real deal. He called out canelo. Lets see what happens. I think he moves upto 160 and takes canelo as his first fight as he is moving up

Joshua vs Molina
    Molina went to get a pay cheque.....he was going to probably get KO'd but he was terrified in there. At least now its official that Wlad vs joshua is happening in april.

Crawford vs Molina
    Waste of time. Molina just stood there for 90% of the fight. Proves nothing IMO. Crawford looked good in there, very crafty and accurate. but when your fighting a heavybag its easy to look good.

I didnt get to see any of the mares-cuellar card. replays show abner boxing pretty well and not just throwing a boatload of punches wrecklessly....

Cotto just signed to fight James kirkland in a fight that means nothing to anyone.

OLYMPIAN

Interesting....I would agree on the names, debate some of the placings...
    I like calzaghe, but he didnt take the test early enough IMO.
    He took the soul of Jeff lacy when he was supposed to be a top dog at 175 and then fought an aged b-hop (who beat him IMO), as well as a shell of the fighter who was roy jones jr.

Naz changed the landscape of boxing. I also respect him for making islam such a big part of his identity. HE wouldnt have been able to be that kind of fighter post 9/11. He brought the money to the lighter weight classes because he was explosive. his punching power was insane. Very unorthodox style. He claims that he was at the point where he was breaking both of his hands after each fight so he couldnt keep fighting. dont know how true that is, but the barrera loss was it for him. He wasnt the same fighter after that. I would defo include him on that list.

J-Rock is arguably the second funniest guy on that show. Next to Ricky. That show is really ingenious. THe characters and the storylines are hilarious. The hash driveway storyline/season is my favourite mostly because of the amount of times julian ricky and bubbles had to mess with cyrus.
    Yeah, the placings outside of the top 4-5 I was pretty much just throwing darts. LOL.
    Yeah, I often wonder if 9/11 kind of soured Naz on continuing on and coming back to the States for fights. He was a terrific talent with heavyweight power. A prime Naz and a prime Manny could have been Hagler - Hearns at 126.

I like Ricky, but I kind of like Bubbles and J-Rock a little better. Hell, they are all good. Randy and Leahy are good. Although as the seasons go on, it gets quite disgusting between those two. LOL.

OLYMPIAN

A lot of fights this past weekend.

Charlo vs Williams
    How wrong was I about this fight. Charlo was miles ahead of williams. he dropped dude with a jab. That KO uppercut was brutal. Charlo is the real deal. He called out canelo. Lets see what happens. I think he moves upto 160 and takes canelo as his first fight as he is moving up

Joshua vs Molina
    Molina went to get a pay cheque.....he was going to probably get KO'd but he was terrified in there. At least now its official that Wlad vs joshua is happening in april.

Crawford vs Molina
    Waste of time. Molina just stood there for 90% of the fight. Proves nothing IMO. Crawford looked good in there, very crafty and accurate. but when your fighting a heavybag its easy to look good.

I didnt get to see any of the mares-cuellar card. replays show abner boxing pretty well and not just throwing a boatload of punches wrecklessly....

Cotto just signed to fight James kirkland in a fight that means nothing to anyone.
    I thought Williams would win too. The jab knock down was fluky but the uppercut was brutal. I thought Williams was really coming on until the uppercut. Williams is going to go on and do good things at 154. That I believe. When he does, it's going to make this victory for Charlo that much better. Let's hope Haymon doesn't sit on this win and have him fight James Kirkland after Cotto's done with him. If Canelo isn't going to fight GGG, the only other fight that I want to see is him and Charlo. Canelo hits harder than J-Rock and looks to have the typical Mexican iron chin as well. I almost think that fight is much more competitive than either guy against GGG.

I had better never, ever see Molina again on HBO or Showtime. What a fucking joke. I think Joshua is the real deal. Let's hope he disposes of Wlad quickly and impressively. I want the next generation of heavyweights to start mixing it up round robin style.

I thought Cuellar was gonna roll Mares. Again, how wrong I was. Mares looked as good as he has in years.

JCC Jr. fought and won a shut out. I had no interest and didn't watch any of it. He supposedly looked ok and made weight. I'll watch him if he fights a legit threat next as he always brings it when he is in shape.

Once again, the UFC put on a stellar card that delivered. Cub Swanson won what was probably the fight of the year against a Korean dude with an anvil of a chin.

Cerrone and Matt Brown put on a war which Cowboy ended in the final round with a knockout kick to the jaw.

Max Holloway ran his win streak to 10 in impressive fashion over Anthony Petis. Holloway hasn't lost since he lost a decision to McGregor. He's got Aldo next which is a pickem fight that I probably lean towards Holloway at this stage of their careers.

I thought Williams would win too. The jab knock down was fluky but the uppercut was brutal. I thought Williams was really coming on until the uppercut. Williams is going to go on and do good things at 154. That I believe. When he does, it's going to make this victory for Charlo that much better. Let's hope Haymon doesn't sit on this win and have him fight James Kirkland after Cotto's done with him. If Canelo isn't going to fight GGG, the only other fight that I want to see is him and Charlo. Canelo hits harder than J-Rock and looks to have the typical Mexican iron chin as well. I almost think that fight is much more competitive than either guy against GGG.

I had better never, ever see Molina again on HBO or Showtime. What a fucking joke. I think Joshua is the real deal. Let's hope he disposes of Wlad quickly and impressively. I want the next generation of heavyweights to start mixing it up round robin style.

I thought Cuellar was gonna roll Mares. Again, how wrong I was. Mares looked as good as he has in years.

JCC Jr. fought and won a shut out. I had no interest and didn't watch any of it. He supposedly looked ok and made weight. I'll watch him if he fights a legit threat next as he always brings it when he is in shape.

Once again, the UFC put on a stellar card that delivered. Cub Swanson won what was probably the fight of the year against a Korean dude with an anvil of a chin.

Cerrone and Matt Brown put on a war which Cowboy ended in the final round with a knockout kick to the jaw.

Max Holloway ran his win streak to 10 in impressive fashion over Anthony Petis. Holloway hasn't lost since he lost a decision to McGregor. He's got Aldo next which is a pickem fight that I probably lean towards Holloway at this stage of their careers.

AS MUCH AS I LOVE B-HOP, HE IS A BITCH MADE DUDE FOR DISCOUNTING J.SMITH JR. he beat him up for 8rnds and knocked him out he ring....yes bhop is 51, but he chose to fight a 20yr old......is j.smith the best fighter at 175, NO! but he stepped in there in a no win fight and won.....and this kid still has his union card as a consturction worker.....will he win against kovalevm no....stevenson....no....but fuck it. dare to be great and he did.

I really don't care how a great one goes down anymore.... I accept is the natural cycle in the sport... the ones who've eaten GET eaten.

B-HOP, while not the most entertaining fighter (his last truly great fight was his TKO of Felix Trinidad).. is an all-time great - top 5 imho of middle to light-heavyweights... this last loss won't change that.

Page 236 of 240 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 ... LastLast