Page 3 of 240 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

This was shot at the Imperial War Museum in the UK last March during the promo tour.

A contrast in looks of the fighter's women. Jennifer Dooley on the left and Jinky Pacquiao on the right.

Smiling again: Hatton and his fiance Jennifer Dooley relax by the pool Sunday, a far cry from the ring where, hours earlier, Ricky lay unconscious after being hammered to the canvas by Pacquiao. Jennifer looks pretty good for someone who does not engage in regular intense weight resistance excercise. Of course, I don't know this. Mere speculation on my part.

The video clip is above is part 1 of 4 of Pacquiao-Hatton 24/7 leading to the run up to the fight. It was a good watch actually. It would be nice to see somthing similar for FBB.

Comments from analysts from the UK.

Comments from Teddy Atlas in hindsight. He picked Hatton to win and owns up his mistake. He picked Manny to win against Oscar De La Hoya last December and was correct.

Not bad for 6 minutes of action. Manny made $12 million from the match. Ricky made $8 Million. After the pay per view numbers are totaled, it is estimated that he may make over $40 Million from this fight. Preliminary numbers have the estimate at over 2 million buys......

4th Down debate from ESPN First Take. Skip Bayless is a very hard to please person but he was awed by the pacman. I think Miguel Cotto is Manny's next opponent. And I think he will beat Floyd if they do fight.

I strongly believe his next opponent is Miguel Cotto from Puerto Rico. He is the WBO welterweight champion of the world. If Manny beats him then he will win his record 7th world title in different weight classes.

Miguel Cotto is on the left Antonio Margarito is on the right.

Here's Cotto against Sugar Shane Mosley.

Here he is up close and personal.

Even if Antonio Margarito's handwraps were not loaded, it is typical of him to lose the first 4-6 rounds because he is a notorious slow starter. That is part of the reason why Manny thought he could beat Margarito before he was suspended.
    Miguel Cotto is a good match for Manny. He is a good boxer, powerful but lacks speed. Almost comparable to Ricky Hatton in terms of power punching. Superior to Ricky in Boxing and defense...
    Do I think Manny will win against Cotto? Yeah, i sure do. would I guarantee it? No. That's why they have to fight. One thing's for sure. Manny will be very competitive in this bout. Everyone is unbeatable on paper that's why they have to 'bring it' to the ring. Same thing applies to all the ball and stick sports out there.
    I would love to watch this fight. People like watching Manny fight because he is an exciting fighter who wins a lot.

At this point, depending on what happens with Floyd's bout with Juan Manuel Marquez. I'm going to say that the Pacman is unbeatable unless proven otherwise. The dramatic improvements he has made starting with the Davisd diaz bout has made him virtually unstoppable. He has improved dramatically with every fight. 3-5 years ago, I would favor Floyd to win. Floyd is a superb defensive technician who does not like to get hit at all. He also wins hes fights throwing little punches.

GYM RAT

What a destruction! Great photos videos posted. I like Paq but he won't beat Floyd if he comes back where he left off. We will see how he looks against JMM.

I disagree Ibarramedia. Cotto would destroy Paq.

Paq looks great but he only beat an old, weight drained DLH who even in his prime never was overly impressive in his biggest fights and Hatton who no one really thought had a chance (although I never expected the annihilation that occured).

Default The BOXING thread

Seeing as boxing falls under this forum, thought a random thread to discuss all things boxing was in order for those who have an interest.....

Besides the pacman fight, which was awesome, this year has some big fights coming.....

Flloyd Mayweather Jr. Is coming out of retirement to fight marquez.....considering he will probably win, a fight with pacman might happen by the end of the year.....Im excited to see what will come of this.
    Mayweather wasnt the most exiciting champ,not that many crazy knock outs but he is ridiculously fast and accurate.....i think a fight with him and pacman would be dope.

in the heavyweights.....a class that has been pretty shitty for the last while....David Haye finally will get a chance to take down one of the kitchko's.....I dont really think much of either fighter...wladamir has pretty shit before he got his act together and even the the competition was shitty when he took the belt.....haye looks good, but he hasnt been a heavyweight long, and id ont know how he will man up to someone with experience.....thoughts?

Who are some of your favourite fighters?
    I was always a fan of the heavyweights.....

I was a huge lennox lewis fan when he was coming up and when he was on top (he trained from a town not far form my home town in Canada).....He fought everyone who was anyone at the time, and avenged all his losses....he never fought mike tyson in his prime, but that was mostly due to Don king's business workings in trying to protect tyson (to my understanding).....

Iron Mike was another favourite......People say mike reigned during a time of shitty competiton, even still.....mike put most of them down within the first 2-3 rounds....he wasnt called the baddest man on the planet for nothing.....when he lost to buster douglas that was considered one of the biggest upsets in sports history....and i personally think when he got locked up for the rap charge that he was taken away during his prime....but he still came back when he was released and unified the titles again.....its a shame what his personal life did to his career, but still....his fights were something serious....

Lifelong fan of the sweet science here. The Marquez Mayweather fight is intriguing however I give Mayweather the edge in this fight. Mayweather knows what opponents to pick and Marquez by nature is a counter puncher which plays perfectly into Mayweather's game plan. However Marquez has turned up his intensity in his recent fights and ko'd Diaz and Casamayor who are two fighters who have never been tko'd. He seems to have gained power moving up in weight. I give the edge to Mayweather still however and see this fight as a setup for the superfight which will be Pacquiao vs Mayweather.

As far as David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko I fully expect Wladimir to win this fight. I am not a huge Wladimir fan but his skills are undeniable and Haye's chin was shakey at crusierweight which will not bode well for him at heavyweight. He does come out guns ablazing however and is cat quick so if he lands a bomb on Wlad it could be over. Someone will obviously be ko'd in this fight. Wladimir still will win by a late round stoppage imo. Vitali has always been the better fighter however and I believe he would dispose of Haye quite easily.

Favorite fighters of all time:

Wilfred Benitez
    Nicolino Locche
    Willie Pep
    Earnie Shavers
    Thomas Hearns
    Ralph Dupas
    Roberto Duran

Current favorites:
    Pac
    Darchinyan
    Gamboa
    Adamek

and a few others

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    Who are some of your favourite fighters?
    I was always a fan of the heavyweights.....

I was a huge lennox lewis fan when he was coming up and when he was on top (he trained from a town not far form my home town in Canada).....He fought everyone who was anyone at the time, and avenged all his losses....he never fought mike tyson in his prime, but that was mostly due to Don king's business workings in trying to protect tyson (to my understanding).....

Iron Mike was another favourite......People say mike reigned during a time of shitty competiton, even still.....mike put most of them down within the first 2-3 rounds....he wasnt called the baddest man on the planet for nothing.....when he lost to buster douglas that was considered one of the biggest upsets in sports history....and i personally think when he got locked up for the rap charge that he was taken away during his prime....but he still came back when he was released and unified the titles again.....its a shame what his personal life did to his career, but still....his fights were something serious....
    I consider lennox lewis the best heavyweight of all time, i dont give a shit what anybody says, he was beaten twice and revenged both losses, what fighter in history can say that? he dodged no one and took on all commers, i was a massive fan of mike tyson to, he was the most exciting fighter ever!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Manslaughter View Post
    Lifelong fan of the sweet science here. The Marquez Mayweather fight is intriguing however I give Mayweather the edge in this fight. Mayweather knows what opponents to pick and Marquez by nature is a counter puncher which plays perfectly into Mayweather's game plan. However Marquez has turned up his intensity in his recent fights and ko'd Diaz and Casamayor who are two fighters who have never been tko'd. He seems to have gained power moving up in weight. I give the edge to Mayweather still however and see this fight as a setup for the superfight which will be Pacquiao vs Mayweather.

As far as David Haye vs Wladimir Klitschko I fully expect Wladimir to win this fight. I am not a huge Wladimir fan but his skills are undeniable and Haye's chin was shakey at crusierweight which will not bode well for him at heavyweight. He does come out guns ablazing however and is cat quick so if he lands a bomb on Wlad it could be over. Someone will obviously be ko'd in this fight. Wladimir still will win by a late round stoppage imo. Vitali has always been the better fighter however and I believe he would dispose of Haye quite easily.

Favorite fighters of all time:

Wilfred Benitez
    Nicolino Locche
    Willie Pep
    Earnie Shavers
    Thomas Hearns
    Ralph Dupas
    Roberto Duran

Current favorites:
    Pac
    Darchinyan
    Gamboa
    Adamek

and a few others
    my favorites
    Roy jones jr
    lennox lewis
    mike tyson
    kostya tzue
    ricky hatton
    marvin hagler
    prince naseem

Quote Originally Posted by MRT View Post
    I consider lennox lewis the best heavyweight of all time,
    Hahahahaha

He had a questionable chin and retired because he knew Vitaly owned him in the first fight and with more than 2 weeks of training would KO him with ease.

As for TYSON was a joke.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Foreman_Rules View Post
    Hahahahaha

He had a questionable chin and retired because he knew Vitaly owned him in the first fight and with more than 2 weeks of training would KO him with ease.
    Although lennox cut him to peices, lennox would have beaten foreman, i cant see it happening any other way

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Foreman_Rules View Post
    Hahahahaha

As for TYSON was a joke.
    Cmon man you cant tell me you havnt seen a tyson fight that you enjoyed?? he was great for boxing!!

Page 3 of 240 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast