Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Now there is a drug I can say I will NEVER try!

Quote Originally Posted by RealLilSwole View Post
    Now there is a drug I can say I will NEVER try!
    Ditto.

Thank you for the very thorough explanation. And the red highlights.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

damn..im scared just READING this!
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    Thanks for the very thorough explanation. Scares the S*!?T out of me!!

Now can you explain what PGF2 as referenced above is, please?
    I have a lot of info on PGF2 but it does not belong in the women's forum. If you are interested in a more thorough explanation, then I will be happy to make a sticky on it in the Men's Chemical Enhancement.

PFG2 is not used by women as they will not reap any of the benefits of the drug but rather it will induce an excruciating pain in the ovaries. Tht is because It is used to abort fetuses in cow, pigs, and horses by making their uterus and other reproductive organs contract and constrict. NOT good. I made reference to it only to compare its fat loss capabilities to DNP.

In brief, prostaglandin F2 alpha or PGF2 for short is a local acting hormone that exerts its effect within the tissues it is secreted in. Its mechanism of action is much like IGF1 whereby it promotes muscle growth yada yada yada. Like DNP its fat burning properties result from a rise in body temperature. It is muscle sparing and completely kills fat cells rather than shrink them like most diets do.

Just another dangerous drug with sides that far outweigh any of its benefits.
    Its almost as though diets are not even needed anymore these days with all the stupid quick fixes available.

SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sistersteel View Post
    Precisely. Please feel free to add to this thread, sass, as you see fit. The more thorough we can be, the easier it will make our lives anytime we have a legitimate concern to address. I would like this to be a one stop, all inclusive write up on DNP that will serve as an educational read to everyone before we offer any advice. Better to educate people first rather than feel obligated to go through a list of disclaimers every time we need to answer a simple question.

The specific illustration I had in mind was the death of Eric Perin back in 2001, from DNP that he allegedly purchased from an online source. In looking for a good article, I found many that use it as an example of the freewheeling internet and how there's nothing you can't find, so instead I'm lifting this article from a different muscle board. Apologies I couldn't find the original newspaper link.

There has been discussion that he was actually out partying, may have had other party drugs in his body that, along w/ the dehydration & stress from the DNP, was just too much for his system. Even if he'd been drinking or dancing or anything that would further dehydrate him, it could be fatal. So that's what I'm saying when DNP stresses the shit out of your system, and you may not even realize just how much. And again, for the lbs that you could lose running DNP cycle, you can do the same w/ diet & cardio, letting your body do what it does best, w/o the stress.

Just like AAS, or aspirin or anything else, just because it exists doesn't mean you have to use it. That's where education, information and discpline / patience come into play. Not to get preachy, but anyone who has pursued competition can tell you, even after a lifetime of looking for the 'ultimate diet pill' or quicky fix, it doesn't exist. Something may work for a while, but eventually it won't and your body will take control and respond how it is designed to respond - i.e. rebound or become catabolic /hold fat. There simply is no substitute for optimized diet, training, cardio, persistence and patience.

September 25, 2001

Federal agents have arrested an Indiana man who allegedly used the Internet to sell a banned weight-loss drug that caused the death of a Baldwin man who took it for bodybuilding, according to officials and the victim's family.

Sean Zhang, 24, of Bloomington, Ind., was held on $100,000 bail after a hearing yesterday at U.S. District Court in Indianapolis.

Authorities said Zhang had sold the drug dinitrophenol to Eric Perrin, 22, of Baldwin, a Cornell junior who died Aug. 6. Perrin's parents, Steven and Barbara Perrin, said their son had dropped out of school "to find himself" but became increasingly "obsessed with bodybuilding" and took dinitrophenol, commonly called DNP, to slim his waist.

The couple said in an interview yesterday that they knew the dangers of the drug but agreed to "sit vigil by him" while he took it because he threatened to move out of their home and take the drug elsewhere.

"It was foolish," said Barbara Perrin, a third-grade teacher, explaining she thought Eric had given them no choice. "I hope this will lead body-builders to understand how dangerous the drug is. They should post signs in all the gyms warning about DNP," she said.

Four days after taking the drug, Perrin started having trouble breathing and was rushed to South Nassau Communities Hospital in Oceanside, where he died.

"It's been a horror, an absolute horror. Eric was the love of my life," Barbara Perrin said.

"He was a super-bright kid," said Steven Perrin, an accountant, saying their son had been on the Cornell dean's list, had won a top math prize at Baldwin High School and played saxophone in the all-Nassau High School band.

DNP has been touted in the past by some as a miracle weight-loss drug, but it was banned for use by humans in the 1930s because of its toxicity. As a chemical, dinitrophenol is legally sold as a pesticide and for the manufacture of dyes and wood preservatives.

The death of Perrin was the first in recent years caused by DNP, according to Stewart Magee, regional head of investigations for the Food and Drug Administration.

According to court papers, Perrin contacted Zhang through an encrypted Internet chatroom that is used by bodybuilders interested in illegal drugs.

Zhang was charged under Food and Drug Administration statutes with two counts of selling a drug without proper warning labels. The first count was for allegedly selling the dinitrophenol to Perrin on July 30. The second count was for allegedly selling it to an undercover federal agent on Sept. 8.

Zhang moved from Gaithersburg, Md. to Bloomington, Ind., shortly after Perrin died, but the indictment does not link the move to Perrin's death.

Neither Zhang nor his attorney could be reached to comment. If convicted, Zhang could face up to 6 years in prison.

Sources said Zhang was not charged with more serious crimes because there was no evidence he knew the drug would cause Perrin's death.

After Perrin died, Zhang continued to sell DNP over the Internet, saying it was "the most effective tool available today for the loss of body fat," according to U.S. Attorney Alan Vinegrad. Authorities said the death was reported in the Internet chat room that Zhang used, but they did not say whether Zhang knew of the death.

"Zhang's indictment and arrest should send a clear message to those who would profit from the sale of unapproved drugs," Vinegrad said. "We urge everyone not to use this drug as a weight loss remedy or ingest it for any reason."

Vinegrad said the Food and Drug Administration had set up a phone number for questions about DNP: 301-827-6250.
    Last edited by sassy69; 05-10-2009 at 02:29 PM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    A consideration w/ DNP is the extreme stress it puts on your system (ref the whole pile of supps SS lists above), is the additional stress of anything else you put in your system or do while you're running a DNP cycle. If you're out partying, drinking, dancing when you're dehydrated from DNP, it is not a good thing. If you choose to run DNP it has to be respected, and your lifestyle needs to support your body while it is under this stress.
    This is exactly right. I have used DNP several times with astounding results. It is indeed a drug to be respected, however it is no more lethal than any drugs on which you can OD. DNP, used intelligently and responsibly - in short duration - rids the body of even stubborn fat. It really is amazing. PGF2 also sounds good but I have yet to try it. I'm sure I will though....
    "...The only thing i love more than athletes getting paid is the fact that it's not us who's paying them..."
    "Hardcore is Dirty"

Quote Originally Posted by Sistersteel View Post
    I have a lot of info on PGF2 but it does not belong in the women's forum. If you are interested in a more thorough explanation, then I will be happy to make a sticky on it in the Men's Chemical Enhancement.

PFG2 is not used by women as they will not reap any of the benefits of the drug but rather it will induce an excruciating pain in the ovaries. Tht is because It is used to abort fetuses in cow, pigs, and horses by making their uterus and other reproductive organs contract and constrict. NOT good. I made reference to it only to compare its fat loss capabilities to DNP.

In brief, prostaglandin F2 alpha or PGF2 for short is a local acting hormone that exerts its effect within the tissues it is secreted in. Its mechanism of action is much like IGF1 whereby it promotes muscle growth yada yada yada. Like DNP its fat burning properties result from a rise in body temperature. It is muscle sparing and completely kills fat cells rather than shrink them like most diets do.

Just another dangerous drug with sides that far outweigh any of its benefits.
    Its almost as though diets are not even needed anymore these days with all the stupid quick fixes available.

SS
    Since you made reference to PFG2, I just wanted to know what it is. Knowledge and education.....Thanks.

FREAK

I love DNP. I've played with it in the past. Awesome stuff with no noticeable immediate side effects in lower doses. Done blitz cycles where you feel like death. I think they're dumb, in my opinion. 100 to maybe 200mg per day for a longer time so you can run a lower carb diet and not feel like death, not be sweating in 40 degree weather, not soaking your bed in sweat... lol

Definitely run antioxidants with it. Vitamin E, Na-r-ALA, NAC, broad spectrum antioxidants.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I love DNP. I've played with it in the past. Awesome stuff with no noticeable immediate side effects in lower doses. Done blitz cycles where you feel like death. I think they're dumb, in my opinion. 100 to maybe 200mg per day for a longer time so you can run a lower carb diet and not feel like death, not be sweating in 40 degree weather, not soaking your bed in sweat... lol

Definitely run antioxidants with it. Vitamin E, Na-r-ALA, NAC, broad spectrum antioxidants.
    totally agree!

I took 60 mg BID (210 pounds @8%BF) Ran that for 8 weeks and got clipped again (same tech, same Skindex [Pollok scale], same time of day as prior) at 208 pounds @3.8%. I discontinued DNP at 8 weeks and continued my prep for my target date 2 weeks away. I got clipped again on my target date (same tech, same Skindex, same time of day as prior) at 204 pounds @ 2.6%. Crazy shredded. My legs didn't look like they had skin on them.

Two following courses of similar duration - the first about 18 months after, and the third about two years after that) saw similar results with no adverse events, no discomfort, a little sweaty at night, and an average temp (taken every six hours) of 100.4.

I'm looking for some right now....
    "...The only thing i love more than athletes getting paid is the fact that it's not us who's paying them..."
    "Hardcore is Dirty"

Quote Originally Posted by John Romano View Post
    totally agree!

I took 60 mg BID (210 pounds @8%BF) Ran that for 8 weeks and got clipped again (same tech, same Skindex [Pollok scale], same time of day as prior) at 208 pounds @3.8%. I discontinued DNP at 8 weeks and continued my prep for my target date 2 weeks away. I got clipped again on my target date (same tech, same Skindex, same time of day as prior) at 204 pounds @ 2.6%. Crazy shredded. My legs didn't look like they had skin on them.

Two following courses of similar duration - the first about 18 months after, and the third about two years after that) saw similar results with no adverse events, no discomfort, a little sweaty at night, and an average temp (taken every six hours) of 100.4.

I'm looking for some right now....

Watch your mailbox John! Scammer invite!
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Oh no...lol

I am yet to find a medically supported argument as to why DNP works so well for some and not at all for others.

Two things:

1 - I'm looking for some because I know where to look

2 - Scam me? Please...... It would be so entertaining if someone tried
    "Hardcore is Dirty"

A CELLULAR METABOLIC POISON? You have to be insane to put that in your body.

FREAK

Quote Originally Posted by John Romano View Post
    Two things:

1 - I'm looking for some because I know where to look

2 - Scam me? Please...... It would be so entertaining if someone tried
    Lucky bastard. Sources are hard to come by. Previous sources are laying low and some have totally discontinued the sale of it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast