Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Default data4 is Rx Muscle's October Member of the Month!

Congratulations to Austin Stout a.k.a. data4, Rx Muscle Member of the Month for October!

Austin Stout a.k.a. data4 on stage at the 2012 NPC Team Universe competition

What’s the origin of your username, data4?

This actually came about from my first email address. The letters are the first initial of each of my family members and 4 because there were 4 of us. I think I made this address when I was about 10 years old and it is still my current address to this day.

How old were you when you first competed?

My first show was about a month before my 19th birthday.

How old are you now? I saw you recently celebrated your birthday. Happy (belated) Birthday, Austin!

I just turned 22 so I have been at this for a little over 3 years now.

What was it like competing at Team Universe?

It was certainly overwhelming when I first showed up. I showed up and didn’t make weight on my first two attempts so that was stressful. Once I made weight I ended up in the elevator with Keith Williams to go up and get my tan lol It was a great experience though.

2012 NPC Team Universe

I was close to the youngest guy in the Men’s Bodybuilding. Stepping on stage with these guys was a great experience. My condition was there and I received complements about it. I just need more size but don’t we all lol I was lucky enough to have my father and grandfather come to the show with me. I was just glad some of the bikini competitors didn’t give my grandpa a stroke. Steve56 and Provo from the forum also came to support me to which was awesome! Both great guys.

2011 NPC Mid Atlantic Grand Prix

How goes your journey from welterweight to middleweight?

Well, my rebound from the Team U was not what I was hoping for. My body was so beat up it simply did not bounce back but everything is going in the right direction now. I am up about 10 pounds and still pretty lean.

You mentioned focusing on upper body, especially arms, what are some of your favorite exercises for those areas?

I have always had pretty long arms so they really need to fill out. I love using negatives when training biceps. As for tris, I don’t really do any fancy exercises. I just focus on the contraction and really try to keep maximum tension on the muscle during the set.

You offered info on your training day macros as well as non-training days. What are they currently?

My current macros are:
    285/200/135 on training days
    285/150/135 on non training days
    280/420/45 on higher carb days (Tuesday and Friday)

And how do you arrive at those numbers?

I tend to do well on higher fats and have found I can grow with low to moderate carbs as long as my fats are higher. I leave the final numbers in the hands of Jason Theobald (ScoobySnacks) though!

How were you introduced to Mountain Dog training?

His training system was getting a lot of buzz around the forums and I talked to Jason Theobald about it because he was using John Meadow’s system at the time. I checked out the articles John wrote for T Nation back in 2010 and from there I was hooked!! Since then I have been lucky enough to train with John on more than one occasion.

What’s your favorite part of John’s system?

I really like the intensity but the results are the best part. It has added detail and density to my physique. To put it simply, it works!

Here’s the one split you posted in your journal.

Monday: Chest,Shoulders

Tuesday: Back, LowVolume Arms

Wednesday: Off(Calves, Abs)

Thursday:Quads, Hams

Friday:Low Volume Shoulders, Arms, Calves

Saturday:Off (Abs)

Sunday:Off, (Calves)

Was that split designed by John or did you create it yourself?

I designed this myself. After my show I took a break from working with John. I was designing my own workouts but I was still using all of John’s principles.

I saw your supplement regimen in your journal also.

Glutamine (15g daily)
    Creatine Mono (5g daily)
    Fish Oil
    Ruthless 3D Multi
    NTBM's Need2Slin
    Natty Nutrition's Slin Trol
    Forged Joint Support
    Chaind Out (only on training days)
    Vitamin D3 (5000iu daily)
    Vitamin C (3g daily)

How did you become involved with Need To Build Muscle and what are your favorite NTBM supplements?

I saw something about a rep position opening and I PM’d the head rep. From there we kept in touch and I eventually got the spot. I had looked at some of their supplements but had never used any before working with them. Since I have used many of the supplements they offer and they are high quality and effective. As far as my favorites go, I really like the GDA product Need2Slin. The proteins are incredible as well!

What’s your family like?

I was blessed to be born into a good household. My parents and I have always gotten along for the most part too. My mom has always been a runner and my dad wrestled in high school so he encouraged me to try wrestling out.

I had a laundry list of issues as a child (still do lol) so I am sure I was a handful. I still usually visit my parents and younger brother pretty much every weekend and do my laundry while I am over there lol

Growing up my mom stayed home and had part time jobs while my dad ran his automotive business. He has since taken over ownership from my grandfather and does very well for himself. He has also gotten into the housing market and currently has several rental houses. My mom did get to go back to school a few years ago and earned her degree last year. She started her career a little late but better late than never.

A much younger Austin Stout!

What are some family interests or activities you enjoy participating in?

I haven’t done much with my family in recent years. I have always been extremely busy and not living at home makes it hard. I do make a point of calling my mom and dad at least once each week so we stay close.

In your journal you had mentioned getting blood work done on August 7. Have you had a follow-up blood panel completed? You mentioned trying to get in touch with Dre’s doctor?

I was able to get in with Dr. Eric Serrano here in Ohio. We did run a follow up blood test and came to found that my TT had actually dropped even more. I was at a serum level of 171 at this time. Despite an attempt to bounce back through diet and reduction of training I was getting worse. These symptoms on top of pre-existing depression, anxiety and OCD had all but consumed me to say the least. I could go on and on about this but the story is quite depressing in and of itself lol. I’m now on TRT, depression medication and vitamin b12 injections. In the past couple weeks I have taken a complete 180 and things are moving in the right direction now.

You answered a question in your journal about pics, what camera do you use?

I use a pretty basic Kodak digital camera. I always set the timer and step back. If nothing else this gives me practice hitting poses quickly lol

Are you still doing two refeeds per week on Tuesday and Friday just as you were during prep?

I have been using a higher carb/higher Kcal day twice a week. I typically position this around weaker bodyparts. The majority of this is higher GI foods. It is also nice to mix it up a couple times a week. I always use different foods and experiment with new recipe ideas.

Tell me about that mixture of natty coconut and natty peanut butter? What are some of your other favorite foods?

I found this mixture in a nut butter product at my local grocery store. I found that I loved the tastes! I think it is very important to get plenty of saturated fats along with unsaturated fats. The coconut butter adds in those saturated fats I am seeking. They are mostly MCTs which is also great for energy levels. I do get my fair share of saturated fats from meats though too.

And what’s Power Butter from the NTBM store like?

To me it seems similar to Naturally More Almond Butter (which is incredible). I love the texture and taste of it. The added flax really helps the omega 3:6 ratio as well. I tend to do well with higher fats in my diet so Power Butter is one of my staples!

Quote Originally Posted by data4
    I had a much needed deep tissue massage tonight. A member of my gym is a therapist and she came right to my apartment and set up in my living room which was great. I was a total mess so I am glad I got it done. It felt like I had poured a bag or marbles under my skin lol Much needed!
    Tell me about foam rolling and massage – does it make a difference in your physique?

I feel it helps with separation. There are many benefits though. It can also help with trigger point release and blood flow to the tissue. If you are a hard training athlete your body tends to take a beating so this is just as beneficial to overall health as it is to actual physique enhancement.

I dont plan on giving up bodybuilding and would be even more depressed without it. It is what keeps me alive to be honest.
    How did you develop such a passion for bodybuilding?

That is really just the type of personality I have. If I am going to do something then I will try to do it to the best of my ability. Bodybuilding allows me to express those traits to the fullest. Aside from that, I am a glutton for punishment lol I have been known to ask for calorie cuts and more cardio during a contest prep lol

data4 as a teen competitor!

data4's Competition Record

2009 NGA Steel Valley Classic: 3rd Place Teen

2010 NPC Natural Michigan: 2nd Place Teen

2011 NPC Natural Pennsylvania:
    1st Place Men’s Open Welterweight
    Overall Men’s Open Champion
    1st Place Men’s Novice Lightweight
    Overall Men’s Novice Champion

2011 NPC Mid-Atlantic Grand Prix:
    1st Place Men’s Open Welterweight
    1st Place Junior Men

2012 NPC Team Universe
    4th Place Men’s Open Welterweight

What or who were your earliest influences with regard to competition and training?

I went to the Arnold Classic in 2008 at which point I was still in high school. I happened to pick up a Beverly International magazine. I started one of the lifting and nutrition plans to get myself ready for my upcoming wrestling season. I found that I loved it! I read and researched non-stop. On Friday nights I was weighing and cooking all my food for the week while everyone else partied and went out. After high school I figure I would try my hand at a show. The rest is history.

Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods Market, choose your favorite!

Trader Joes FTW!

I saw your nickname for the latter – Whole Paycheck. Lol

If you had to field a team, who would you choose for Team Data?

Oh, man, this is a tough question. I would probably have several guys. We have a team of guys that hang around the contest prep section and we have all become good friends.

Provo, Steve56, Bushmaster, Scooby, Juiceinator, Mpjans, Solution, D-Nutz, Cobe, lksurf, Hoss06, aznaro8, lastson, q_nizzle and some others. Im sure I missed about 10 other guys too. I could probably have a full roster.

Not only do we keep up with each other and offer support on RX but I have become friends with many of them outside the forums. I couldn’t ask for a better support system.

Thanks for chiming in Matt. I am glad you joined the boards. There are alot of wise members here. The nice thing is you wont get bullshit here. I guess thats why its the truth in bodybuilding.
    This is one of my favorite things about the board, the members. Of course I’m a fan of the interviews and all the contest gallery photos, radio programs, and videos, but the members are what make any board worth returning to.

RX is second to none!!

Thank you for being a member of Rx Muscle, Austin. Wishing you continued success on and off the stage!

Please send nominations for Rx Muscle Member of the Month as well as "10 Questions with ________" recommendations to [email protected] or simply drop me a pm.

Proud of you Austin this is well earned! Great to see you getting recognized for something that your so passionate about! I am glad that bodybuilding has brought us together even with all the crap we do for the sport haha
    Last edited by mpjans0578; 10-01-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpjans0578 View Post
    Proud of you Austin this is well earned! Great to see you getting recognized for something that your so passionate about! I am glad that bodybuilding has brought us together even with all the crap we do for the sport haha
    Thanks Matt!! Always appreciate the support
    A Passionate and Dynamic Approach to Physique Enhancement
    Strength and Nutrition/Contest Prep Coach
    -serious inquiries: [email protected]

Congrats and its not ok even if it fits your macros!

Quote Originally Posted by bushmaster View Post
    I had to post that up in my thread. I was dying lol Saw your video on FB you weak SOB

congrats austin...keep plugging away you have a bright future ahead....

That's my boy! So happy to see this 180, especially knowing exactly where you were coming from. Gonna order my tickets soon, I'll put the hotel reservations on my cc
    Yes I did inject my sack to win free shit.
    Unban Ritch 2012 Follow my shit if you think I'm cool
    http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...-Starting-Over

Btw, Austin is by far one of the most passionate and dedicated people to bodybuilding here. Absolutely no denying that.
    Yes I did inject my sack to win free shit.
    Unban Ritch 2012 Follow my shit if you think I'm cool
    http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...-Starting-Over

Quote Originally Posted by mpjans0578 View Post
    ^^^ So well said coming from a close buddy of Austin's.
    Great work Austin, and thanks for the Team Data shoutout.

Again another great selection for MoM
    Look forward to meeting up with you in a few weeks for a few workouts.
    2013 & 2014 RX Member of the Year
    2014 RX Muscle September Member of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by s2h View Post
    congrats austin...keep plugging away you have a bright future ahead....
    Thanks boss. I appreciate all the feedback you gave me a couple months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceinator3000 View Post
    That's my boy! So happy to see this 180, especially knowing exactly where you were coming from. Gonna order my tickets soon, I'll put the hotel reservations on my cc
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceinator3000 View Post
    Btw, Austin is by far one of the most passionate and dedicated people to bodybuilding here. Absolutely no denying that.
    Really looking forward to meeting up with you guys and the Nats!

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    ^^^ So well said coming from a close buddy of Austin's.
    Great work Austin, and thanks for the Team Data shoutout.

Again another great selection for MoM
    Look forward to meeting up with you in a few weeks for a few workouts.
    Thanks Bob. Just giving credit where credit is due. I couldnt ask for a better support team than all you fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by bushmaster View Post
    Hahahahahaha

Congrats man.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast