Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    PENCILNECK

i got my in 2003, i am 5'5, med frame. i have 575cc double d, i have saline, under the muscle, and they went in under the arm. no sensation lost. i do like them , but at times they can be a pain. such as when doing cardio. i can no longer do many chest exercises and when i do . i have to use low weight. i feel a pulling sensation and it feels weird and sometimes a electrical type feeling that shoots acoss when doing chest exercise. other than that. they look great

I am looking into getting my boobs done... within the next year... i have no yet gone for a consultation, im still trying to find a good dr. without the outrageous prices. I hear all sorts of things when it comes to prices so if anyone could help i'd appreciate it. Do they charge based on whether you go under or over? the bigger the size the more costly the implant? I want to be a small D. What dr. did you use?? Any one know of a good dr. in Jersey, Conn., or NY? Is there a difference in feeling with sillicone vs. saline?

Quote Originally Posted by sbfigure View Post
    I am looking into getting my boobs done... within the next year... i have no yet gone for a consultation, im still trying to find a good dr. without the outrageous prices. I hear all sorts of things when it comes to prices so if anyone could help i'd appreciate it. Do they charge based on whether you go under or over? the bigger the size the more costly the implant? I want to be a small D. What dr. did you use?? Any one know of a good dr. in Jersey, Conn., or NY? Is there a difference in feeling with sillicone vs. saline?
    I live in Secaucus, the doc I plan on going to is in Englwood, and only performs surgery in the OR at Englewood Hospital. It's a good hospital, plus is one of the lowest hospital fees.

His name is Dr. Steve R. Fallek
    http://www.fallekplasticsurgery.com

He has one of those machines where you can see digital images of exactly how the implants will look on your body...very cool

My price is going to be different....but you will probally be looking at $8,000-$10,000

Forum Leader: Rx Fight Club stephaniewicked's Avatar

Silicone costs more than saline. I don't know if price varies by overs vs. unders...

And yes, $8-$10K sounds about accurate... it's worth every penny though!
    "The gym is one of life's best arenas for building the toughest of men. Not because you learn to experience success, but because you've been forced to accept failure and identify your flaws."

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniewicked View Post
    Silicone costs more than saline. I don't know if price varies by overs vs. unders...

And yes, $8-$10K sounds about accurate... it's worth every penny though!
    saline looks more "natural" correct? silicone is a gelly type of a fill right?? so would this make them more stiff??

i want a more natural look... so from what i read, under is the way to go. especially when i diet down, i dont want it to look like i have 2 melons plastered to my chest.

8-10k seems expensive. maybe ill go to albany instead of closer to the city. the closer u go to the city i think the more $$ they are. blah

Quote Originally Posted by sbfigure View Post
    saline looks more "natural" correct? silicone is a gelly type of a fill right?? so would this make them more stiff??

i want a more natural look... so from what i read, under is the way to go. especially when i diet down, i dont want it to look like i have 2 melons plastered to my chest.

8-10k seems expensive. maybe ill go to albany instead of closer to the city. the closer u go to the city i think the more $$ they are. blah
    The silicone cohesive gels look & feel more natural. My cousin has saline, and she's getting them replaced. Also, you have more chance for rippling with saline, eps when you diet down.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaRD23 View Post
    The silicone cohesive gels look & feel more natural. My cousin has saline, and she's getting them replaced. Also, you have more chance for rippling with saline, eps when you diet down.
    i have salines - no rippling & they are over/unders...full C cup. I would def recommend going bigger! Mine are about 5 yrs old & they dont seem as perky & full (maybe because Im thinner now), but when I replace them, i will go to a D!

Banned

Did someone say boobies?!!

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by American Outlaw View Post
    Did someone say boobies?!!
    It would appear to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaRD23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LAFitness View Post
    i have salines - no rippling & they are over/unders...full C cup. I would def recommend going bigger! Mine are about 5 yrs old & they dont seem as perky & full (maybe because Im thinner now), but when I replace them, i will go to a D!
    Silicone is the way to go IMO they hold perkier, fuller, rounder longer... I mean could be different on everyone... I don't know if they necessarily look and feel more natural but that's what I've heard... all my girlfriends that have saline hate them they say they've dropped and sagged like regular boobs NOT what you pay for. Mine are five years old and have been through a pregnancy and I still love the shape, look, and size... but as noted I also went what's prob considered "bigger"... if you don't fill out your skin fully they will eventually drop again like natural breasts.

ARNOLD LIKE

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rodrigues View Post
    Dmanit...fell for it again, lol
    Me too, and it wont be the last time.

Forum Leader: Rx Fight Club stephaniewicked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fitmomma3 View Post
    Silicone is the way to go IMO they hold perkier, fuller, rounder longer... I mean could be different on everyone... I don't know if they necessarily look and feel more natural but that's what I've heard... all my girlfriends that have saline hate them they say they've dropped and sagged like regular boobs NOT what you pay for. Mine are five years old and have been through a pregnancy and I still love the shape, look, and size... but as noted I also went what's prob considered "bigger"... if you don't fill out your skin fully they will eventually drop again like natural breasts.
    I agree and have heard the same from people with salines who switched to silicone. The cohesive gels are nice and squishy (in a natural way), plus don't have to worry about them popping!

Does anyone watch MANswers? Boobies are TOUGH!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Cizsf-okY"]YouTube - MANswers - How tough are implants?[/ame]
    "The gym is one of life's best arenas for building the toughest of men. Not because you learn to experience success, but because you've been forced to accept failure and identify your flaws."

Banned

Tee hee hee, I feel creepy in here.

I agree and have heard the same from people with salines who switched to silicone. The cohesive gels are nice and squishy (in a natural way), plus don't have to worry about them popping!

Does anyone watch MANswers? Boobies are TOUGH!

YouTube - MANswers - How tough are implants?
    Stephanie- When I replace mine, i will prob go silicone & go bigger!

SweetCapri

I've had mine for 5 months and I absolutely LOVE them. It was worth every single penny, however I do have a few helpful things to add.

- Do your homework! I found www.justbreastimplants.com to be a great resource, especially the forum!

- Selecting a surgeon. I went on the American Society of Plastic Surgeon's site (www.plasticsurgery.org) to find licensed PS's in my area. I went on two consultations and then felt comfortable enough to select a PS that was recommended to me by someone I trust. Some people go on several consultations before making a decision. It's important to feel comfortable with the doctor that you select and his staff, since you will be working closely with them on something very personal to you.

- Don't be afraid to ask questions! I went to my consultations with a very long, printed list and both surgeons were very good about answering everything in a way that was easy for me to understand and put my fears to rest.

- Understand the risks! Despite the fact that it's a common surgery, it's still an operation and there are risks and there can be complications afterward. Thankfully (*knock on wood*), I haven't experienced any and I hopefully won't, but it is a good idea to become familiar with them all.

- Know the pros/cons of your implant! Saline, silicone, cohesive gels... there are pros and cons to each. Know the differences so you can make an educated decision on what is best for you.

- Overs vs. Unders. Same as with implant type, know why it may or may not be best for you to pick one over the other. I personally wanted unders (just because I don't train chest heavy and I felt more comfortable that they would be "in there" better, for lack of a more professional term!) As much as I love my PS and his staff, this is the one thing I wish I had given more push back with. They highly recommended overs since they said I had enough breast tissue that rippling wouldn't be an issue and they didn't deem it necessary to cut into my chest muscles, however the skin is very thin in my upper chest and when I'm not wearing a bra, rippling is visible. The only people who will ever even notice are my BF and I, but still... it's there and it bothers me, so one day when I get a re-do, I would definitely like to get unders.

- Size. Play around with sizers. I made my own at home using old socks and oatmeal to get an idea of the size I wanted. Then I stuffed a bra and took pics. I also brought pics of other girls whose chests I admired and wanted to look like to my pre-op appointment. That's when I got my PS to agree to take me from 350cc mod+ to 375cc HP. I'm *SO* glad that I went with my instinct and got the larger size!

That's all I can think of (for now), but I'm sure I'll have more to add later. I got 375cc, silicone overs, HP.

Oh, and to answer the *other* original question, I just got measured at Frederick's of Hollywood this past weekend and they said I was a 32DD (though I can also fit into some 34D's). I left with 2 bras that are incredibly comfortable and fit amazing! Now I don't know why I've been wasting so much time on target and department store bras all this time!! I'm still in need of a good strapless bra though, so if anyone has recommendations, that would be greatly appreciated!
    This is exactly what I'm getting! I'm sooo glad you posted all this information. It is extremely helpful. Do you mind sharing your weight and height? I did the same thing you did...at first glance from my fitting the 350s looked good but then after we took some photos, the 375cc's were like WOW! I was wondering where that would put me as far as bra size but you already answered it!

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast