Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

Default the boobie thread

since so many of us girls have implants, i thought this would be a good thread for those thinking about the surgery. or just boobie discussion in general.

i have had mine for a little over a year and still have yet to find a bra i actually LIKE. what are your favorites?
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

Are yours over or under the muscle, Tammy? Do you train chest differently now?
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

Ours are under muscle and about to be re-done to over the muscle in Oct. 400cc and upgrading to 850cc. Bras have been special order from Victoria's Secret but the cost is very high.

I have mine over the muscle. I researched implants extensively before I had mine done and it seemed that over the muscle was the way to go for most athletes. However, I regret getting them over the muscle now that I have had them for 2 years. I actually like the fact that they look fake ( I was not going for the natural look), but they need a lift already. In addition to that, the capsule on my left implant is ruptured which allows for a lot more free movement of the implant on my left side than my right. They still look and feel fantastic though.

Not sure I like the idea of going under the muscle because I do not like the idea of cutting through my chest. As a strength athlete I might just end up getting a lift rather than have them redone.

I have 960cc salines which pust me at a 36F. I have to have my bras custom made if I am looking for something decent.

SS

Some days I want them, some days I don't. I've researched extensively too. I thought I wanted cohesive gel under the muscle...somewhere between 275-325cc. I want a full B maybe C. I have a wide frame for my height. I want them to sit low...not up on my pecs. I want the upper pec to still show well. I also don't want them to be big and obvious. It's just not me. I want them to look natural and enhance my body, not be a focal point. I was reading some posts here where the girls say they don't train chest heavy after implants. Well, that kinda puts a damper on the whole thing for me. At least right now.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

i am silicone overs. 375 cc moderate profile. i wish i would have gone high profile now, but im happy with them overall. im a 36c or d, depending on the bra.

i train chest less now, not because of new boobs, but that my chest development is good where it is.

erin you might have to go bigger than that based on your frame. you dont want them sitting to far apart.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    i am silicone overs. 375 cc moderate profile. i wish i would have gone high profile now, but im happy with them overall. im a 36c or d, depending on the bra.

i train chest less now, not because of new boobs, but that my chest development is good where it is.

erin you might have to go bigger than that based on your frame. you dont want them sitting to far apart.

The distance between the two is called a "refund gap". Go big or go home (a whole new meaning).

I always ride the fence. I love fake boobs but sometimes I'm unsure as to how I'd react to having them. I enjoy my small chest sometimes.

BUT if someone dropped 5000 in my lap I can't say as I wouldn't run out and make the appointment. Ive had two consultations with the same doctor and already know where I'd go to have them done...I would go over the muscle. Silicone.High Profile.

Forum Leader: Rx Fight Club stephaniewicked's Avatar

I've had mine for 5 months and I absolutely LOVE them. It was worth every single penny, however I do have a few helpful things to add.

- Do your homework! I found www.justbreastimplants.com to be a great resource, especially the forum!

- Selecting a surgeon. I went on the American Society of Plastic Surgeon's site (www.plasticsurgery.org) to find licensed PS's in my area. I went on two consultations and then felt comfortable enough to select a PS that was recommended to me by someone I trust. Some people go on several consultations before making a decision. It's important to feel comfortable with the doctor that you select and his staff, since you will be working closely with them on something very personal to you.

- Don't be afraid to ask questions! I went to my consultations with a very long, printed list and both surgeons were very good about answering everything in a way that was easy for me to understand and put my fears to rest.

- Understand the risks! Despite the fact that it's a common surgery, it's still an operation and there are risks and there can be complications afterward. Thankfully (*knock on wood*), I haven't experienced any and I hopefully won't, but it is a good idea to become familiar with them all.

- Know the pros/cons of your implant! Saline, silicone, cohesive gels... there are pros and cons to each. Know the differences so you can make an educated decision on what is best for you.

- Overs vs. Unders. Same as with implant type, know why it may or may not be best for you to pick one over the other. I personally wanted unders (just because I don't train chest heavy and I felt more comfortable that they would be "in there" better, for lack of a more professional term!) As much as I love my PS and his staff, this is the one thing I wish I had given more push back with. They highly recommended overs since they said I had enough breast tissue that rippling wouldn't be an issue and they didn't deem it necessary to cut into my chest muscles, however the skin is very thin in my upper chest and when I'm not wearing a bra, rippling is visible. The only people who will ever even notice are my BF and I, but still... it's there and it bothers me, so one day when I get a re-do, I would definitely like to get unders.

- Size. Play around with sizers. I made my own at home using old socks and oatmeal to get an idea of the size I wanted. Then I stuffed a bra and took pics. I also brought pics of other girls whose chests I admired and wanted to look like to my pre-op appointment. That's when I got my PS to agree to take me from 350cc mod+ to 375cc HP. I'm *SO* glad that I went with my instinct and got the larger size!

That's all I can think of (for now), but I'm sure I'll have more to add later. I got 375cc, silicone overs, HP.

Oh, and to answer the *other* original question, I just got measured at Frederick's of Hollywood this past weekend and they said I was a 32DD (though I can also fit into some 34D's). I left with 2 bras that are incredibly comfortable and fit amazing! Now I don't know why I've been wasting so much time on target and department store bras all this time!! I'm still in need of a good strapless bra though, so if anyone has recommendations, that would be greatly appreciated!

ARNOLD LIKE

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniewicked View Post
    I've had mine for 5 months and I absolutely LOVE them. It was worth every single penny, however I do have a few helpful things to add.

- Size. Play around with sizers. I made my own at home using old socks and oatmeal to get an idea of the size I wanted. Then I stuffed a bra and took pics. I also brought pics of other girls whose chests I admired and wanted to look like to my pre-op appointment. That's when I got my PS to agree to take me from 350cc mod+ to 375cc HP. I'm *SO* glad that I went with my instinct and got the larger size!
    This could have been the greatest YOU TUBE spot off all time. And I have no idea what the oatmeal was used for.

Digital Marketing Manager, Team GAT SallyAnne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Some days I want them, some days I don't. I've researched extensively too. I thought I wanted cohesive gel under the muscle...somewhere between 275-325cc. I want a full B maybe C. I have a wide frame for my height. I want them to sit low...not up on my pecs. I want the upper pec to still show well. I also don't want them to be big and obvious. It's just not me. I want them to look natural and enhance my body, not be a focal point. I was reading some posts here where the girls say they don't train chest heavy after implants. Well, that kinda puts a damper on the whole thing for me. At least right now.
    I think you'll be sorry if you get them that small. You are not a petite little girl (and I mean that as a compliment) - so in my opinion, you should go bigger. EVERYONE tells me they wish they'd gone bigger, and now that I've had mind for 3 years, I'm also considering bigger - and under.

#1 complaint - "I didn't go big enough."

You have to get it in your Dr.'s head too. You don't buy them to look normal. Jack them things up.

Forum Leader: Rx Fight Club stephaniewicked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dros
    This could have been the greatest YOU TUBE spot off all time.
    LOL, not as exciting as it sounds. There's a formula to estimate what fraction of a cup of oatmeal = x amount of cc's, so you can play around with sizes. It's pretty effective, I thought! You really don't have any idea what to expect and 375cc on one person could look completely different on someone else, so it helps to know what you're looking at. For all the money you put out, you want to know that you're doing it right the first time and can maintain your investment for as long as possible without having to undergo another surgery.

SallyAnne, I agree with you on size for GM! It's a personal decision, but everyone said to go bigger and I'm glad that I listened. It's much scarier than it seems. Once you have them, you don't really feel like they're as big as they once were.

lol @ jack them things up.

I went over for the same reasons that SS did and while they still look good - I wish I'd gone under now.

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniewicked View Post
    LOL, not as exciting as it sounds. There's a formula to estimate what fraction of a cup of oatmeal = x amount of cc's, so you can play around with sizes. It's pretty effective, I thought! You really don't have any idea what to expect and 375cc on one person could look completely different on someone else, so it helps to know what you're looking at. For all the money you put out, you want to know that you're doing it right the first time and can maintain your investment for as long as possible without having to undergo another surgery.

SallyAnne, I agree with you on size for GM! It's a personal decision, but everyone said to go bigger and I'm glad that I listened. It's much scarier than it seems. Once you have them, you don't really feel like they're as big as they once were.
    Yep - I just told my fiance that I was going to go bigger (eventually) - and he told me they were plenty big. I don't think so.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast