Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

packing is the worst....i was miserable......
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by PJ BRAUN View Post
    Everyone I talk to says nose is VERY painful and the breathing at first SUCKS! Hang in there kid you will be better each day
    Oh yeah it was horrible as far as breathing goes but pain wise I dont feel any, which is AWESOME ! They didnt have to do a full Rhinoplasty which is probably why. The swelling is slooooowly but surely going down Im hanging in best I can haha I sleep so much during the day that I cant at night which is why I was on Rx at 3 am last night lol , kind of ridiculous but oh well. We really should get a Q and A for you regarding all things plastic surgery you know your shit !!! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    packing is the worst....i was miserable......
    Tammy, they said I woke up wild after the surgery because I couldnt breathe out of my nose so I was freaking out haha. When did you have yours done ? Was it a full Rhinoplasty? Mine was only the tip they took cartilage out of....

so glad your surgery went well!! just think, if we love them now when they are all swollen and sore, just think how it will be when we are all healed up!!

mine are getting better everyday!! FINALLY got moved into a reg bra!! just still having lots of itching and learned the massages to do..they are healing great and i cant wait to get the little sutures off wed..

IFBB PRO, Bros V Pros X Champion The Prodigy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dmatuszak View Post
    Tammy, they said I woke up wild after the surgery because I couldnt breathe out of my nose so I was freaking out haha. When did you have yours done ? Was it a full Rhinoplasty? Mine was only the tip they took cartilage out of....

Okay....,.this is make me question a nose job!!

When did you get the packing out?

Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigy View Post
    Okay....,.this is make me question a nose job!!

When did you get the packing out?
    Yeah I was under the impression they werent going to pack it, so I was miserable for two days. I got the surgery on a Wed and the packing out on Fri. You just have to breathe out of your mouth, which sucks when im a nose breather not a mouth breather lol. But it wasnt too horrible. the pain is minimal too I dont even feel anything right now. I still have a binder clip looking thing over the bridge of my nose and tape and stuff so it feels like I have a stuffy nose. I get that and the stitches taken out today YAAAAY !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by klh_2342 View Post
    so glad your surgery went well!! just think, if we love them now when they are all swollen and sore, just think how it will be when we are all healed up!!

mine are getting better everyday!! FINALLY got moved into a reg bra!! just still having lots of itching and learned the massages to do..they are healing great and i cant wait to get the little sutures off wed..
    Woohoo Im soooo excited to show them off when they are all better !! Although Im not minding how big they look right now hahah a reg bra ?! Wow lucky girl Im jealous !!! This close in the front granny looking bra is not doing it for me ! I itch from the pain meds BAD !!!! yeah the massages are awkward but so worth it !!! Glad everything is good to go , and that your LOVING them !!!!

I had my breatst done 3 years ago (320 cc). They are half under muscle. I think they look pretty this way. But when I go again i'm thinking about get the implants on top of muscle. What you think will be best.

Ok So I need some advice!! I just got my boobs done on wednesday. I went over the muscle and got 500cc. I was a full b cup before and about 5 years ago, prior to loosing about 30lbs, I was a 34dd. I am definetly still in pain and feel very incapacitated. I am already going stir crazy not being able to workout and stressing about my food while being out of the gym, and it has only been 4 days!! If anyone has any advice on healing or their experience with recovery i would love to hear it.
    I know everyones experience is a little different but it would really help me to hear! Also to get a little personal, my right breast is more swollen than the left, and was wondering if this is typical?

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniewicked View Post
    I've had mine for 5 months and I absolutely LOVE them. It was worth every single penny, however I do have a few helpful things to add.

- Do your homework! I found www.justbreastimplants.com to be a great resource, especially the forum!

- Selecting a surgeon. I went on the American Society of Plastic Surgeon's site (www.plasticsurgery.org) to find licensed PS's in my area. I went on two consultations and then felt comfortable enough to select a PS that was recommended to me by someone I trust. Some people go on several consultations before making a decision. It's important to feel comfortable with the doctor that you select and his staff, since you will be working closely with them on something very personal to you.

- Don't be afraid to ask questions! I went to my consultations with a very long, printed list and both surgeons were very good about answering everything in a way that was easy for me to understand and put my fears to rest.

- Understand the risks! Despite the fact that it's a common surgery, it's still an operation and there are risks and there can be complications afterward. Thankfully (*knock on wood*), I haven't experienced any and I hopefully won't, but it is a good idea to become familiar with them all.

- Know the pros/cons of your implant! Saline, silicone, cohesive gels... there are pros and cons to each. Know the differences so you can make an educated decision on what is best for you.

- Overs vs. Unders. Same as with implant type, know why it may or may not be best for you to pick one over the other. I personally wanted unders (just because I don't train chest heavy and I felt more comfortable that they would be "in there" better, for lack of a more professional term!) As much as I love my PS and his staff, this is the one thing I wish I had given more push back with. They highly recommended overs since they said I had enough breast tissue that rippling wouldn't be an issue and they didn't deem it necessary to cut into my chest muscles, however the skin is very thin in my upper chest and when I'm not wearing a bra, rippling is visible. The only people who will ever even notice are my BF and I, but still... it's there and it bothers me, so one day when I get a re-do, I would definitely like to get unders.

- Size. Play around with sizers. I made my own at home using old socks and oatmeal to get an idea of the size I wanted. Then I stuffed a bra and took pics. I also brought pics of other girls whose chests I admired and wanted to look like to my pre-op appointment. That's when I got my PS to agree to take me from 350cc mod+ to 375cc HP. I'm *SO* glad that I went with my instinct and got the larger size!

That's all I can think of (for now), but I'm sure I'll have more to add later. I got 375cc, silicone overs, HP.

Oh, and to answer the *other* original question, I just got measured at Frederick's of Hollywood this past weekend and they said I was a 32DD (though I can also fit into some 34D's). I left with 2 bras that are incredibly comfortable and fit amazing! Now I don't know why I've been wasting so much time on target and department store bras all this time!! I'm still in need of a good strapless bra though, so if anyone has recommendations, that would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you, that was very helpful. Thinking about getting implants, since i have lost mine completely ever since i started competing, money - is the only one thing that stops me so far

I got mine done first time when I was 19 and have had them done 3 times now. I am 31 now. I love mine and feel it was a great decision. The healing process was very easy. I am sometimes scared to work chest afraid I will hurt something so I find myself going a little lighter has anyone else had problems with this.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by TGandsey View Post
    Ok So I need some advice!! I just got my boobs done on wednesday. I went over the muscle and got 500cc. I was a full b cup before and about 5 years ago, prior to loosing about 30lbs, I was a 34dd. I am definetly still in pain and feel very incapacitated. I am already going stir crazy not being able to workout and stressing about my food while being out of the gym, and it has only been 4 days!! If anyone has any advice on healing or their experience with recovery i would love to hear it.
    I know everyones experience is a little different but it would really help me to hear! Also to get a little personal, my right breast is more swollen than the left, and was wondering if this is typical?
    Is Swelling and Tightness After Breast Augmentation Normal?

I had breast implants put in 7 days ago. My breasts have become more swollen over the last three days and feel very hard; no pain, just tightness, aching/tingling. Is it normal to have these symptoms several days after the procedure? Most of the swelling is in the upper chest, above the nipple. My implants are under the muscle, 250cc Silicone gel.

Swelling after a breast augmentation is almost always seen. And it can increase for several days after the surgery. So to be more swollen three to seven days after the surgery than you were immediately after the surgery is common.

When the implants are placed under the muscle, the swelling appears higher on the breast, in the upper pole. This is because there tends to be more room for the swelling in this part of the breast than in the lower part of the breast. With the swelling there wil be more tightness.

The only thing to be concerned about would be if there was a very large amount of swelling, usually on just one side. This could mean that there was some bleeding around the implant. However, it does not sound as though this is the case.

While the swelling will dissipate as the healing process goes on, stretching of the chest muscles and massage may help. You may want to talk with your surgeon to see if there are other recommendations.

David B. Reath, MD

Had a rhinoplasty maybe 30 years ago, so I'm a longtime fan of plastic surgery. From Dr. Reath's comment above it sounds like swelling is normal and since there are basically two surgeries (one on each breast) I'd also assume that swelling would be different for both areas.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    I'm a tiny. 5'2" A D would definitely be way too big on me. I may be broad for my height but I don't think I can carry off a D.
    I am only 5'3" tall but I have a huge ribcage and through research I found that the silicone round implants were the best for me. High profile are smaller at the base so that they project further but if you have a wide back or ribcage, your implants will have a huge gap between them and you won't get cleavage. This is one thing that bothers me when I see women choose high profile that have wide backs or big ribcages. It looks weird when there is almost a two inch gap between the implants. Also, there is another choice for implants... it's a partial under the muscle pocket made. I found this to work best for me. This is where they put the implant under the pectoralis major and leave the lower part of the implant in front of the pectoralis minor. This gives you less obvious implant showing. Another factor is how heavy you train your chest. If the implant is completely under the muscle on a woman who trains heavy chest, there is many instances where the implant slowly starts to travel from the center line to under the armpit. I have had many friends who have had to have their implants redone due to this factor. Every time the muscle flexes it slowly compresses the implant and moves it out from the pocket that the doctor originally makes for the implant.
    One last thing to take into consideration. If you do decide to go under the muscle... whatever size you decide on... go at least 100 cc's bigger. The samples you try on at the doctors office is just placed in your bra and know that your pectoral muscles will compress them down at least by 100 cc's.
    As the previous person stated... do your research. There are plenty of implants out there. Silicone, Saline, Gummy Bear... High Profile, Natural Drop, Round... So research the implants. Measure your rib-cage width... find the implants that will give you the best natural looking cleavage and don't be afraid to approach women who are built like you and ask them what type of implant they have, how many cc's and if they would mind if you saw them? If you like what you see, you can get their doctors number and do a consult with him/her.
    I asked all the girls that had my height, similar structure & muscle mass at my gym before I decided on what size. Then it was just about what type of implant and doctor research!
    Sorry this was so long but I hope it helps!

RX MEMBER

Yes, I used to train heavy chest... bench press 225 for reps... Now I never bench... only use machines or dumbells. Heaviest weight is 40 lb dumbell incline presses. Mostly always incline now. My fear is mostly the chance of dropping the weight on my implants and causing rupture. Thats why I choose machines, light weights and dumbells.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728