Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default What happens if someone does steroids but doesn't work out, eat good or do cardio?

What would the effect be? Nothing at all or would they still gain some muscle?

I don't know about men but for a woman I doubt you'd grow any muscle at all. Muscle growth comes from training and the proper nutrition. All AAS does is speed recovery.

you gain weight, but it isn't the weight gain you want. can you say "fat" like you have never known and the dangest time trying to get it off.

You get thick & gain weight. Depending on the cycle you may be incurring water retention just from the presence of the steroid in your system (i.e. aromatization). Not to mention increased stress to your system, cholesterol increase, high blood pressure, etc.

A perfect illustration is guys who start a cycle a month before spring break so they'll be all buff on the beach in Panama City. They shoot up, go to the gym & pose a lot, drink beer all weekend and then wonder why they're nice & puffy w/ moon face.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

PENCILNECK

would a woman taking 2mg of winstrol 2x per day have increased weight gain if she didn't train hard

PENCILNECK

You just waste your money thats about it...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RDFinders View Post
    you gain weight, but it isn't the weight gain you want. can you say "fat" like you have never known and the dangest time trying to get it off.
    Exactly. In a very brief and "plain english" nutshell, anabolic steroids help your body use more of the food you eat. That's why I always ask morons that think steroids are magic if they think they can just shoot up and POOF, be built. Because of the fact that steroids help your body use more of the foods you eat, it's imperative to use a good, clean diet when using them AND work your ass off twice as hard in the gym. OR, as RD said, the weight you gain wont be the type you want. You see it every day in most gyms.....I see it in mine. I will safely say that almost 80% of the members in my main gym use steroids. But they look soft and fat, not round and muscular. Some of them just get to be bigger versions of the fat guy they were before.

But different steroids have different grades of anabolic properties. Some, like winstrol, wont be as anabolic as Testosterone. If someone did something like that and didnt work out and eat a good diet, I imagine that the least of their problems would be troublesome joints. If someone did trenbolone, Id say they would get severely fat, have night sweats, caugh, and be very irritable.

Quote Originally Posted by SadFatty View Post
    What would the effect be? Nothing at all or would they still gain some muscle?
    Most likely that individual suffers from heavy mental retardation OR it's under a hormone replacement therapy

Quote Originally Posted by GrowthGifted View Post
    Most likely that individual suffers from heavy mental retardation OR it's under a hormone replacement therapy
    Why don't you take this answer to the pit shithead. I'm sure there are many people that do steroids and don't realize they need to eat good and train good for best results. I was just curious what would happen to those type of individuals.

Get off your high horse. Everybody needs to start somewhere.

1: Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Dec;281(6):E1172-81. Links
    Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men.

Bhasin S, Woodhouse L, Casaburi R, Singh AB, Bhasin D, Berman N, Chen X, Yarasheski KE, Magliano L, Dzekov C, Dzekov J, Bross R, Phillips J, Sinha-Hikim I, Shen R, Storer TW.
    Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Molecular Medicine, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, CA 90059, USA. [email protected]
    Testosterone increases muscle mass and strength and regulates other physiological processes, but we do not know whether testosterone effects are dose dependent and whether dose requirements for maintaining various androgen-dependent processes are similar. To determine the effects of graded doses of testosterone on body composition, muscle size, strength, power, sexual and cognitive functions, prostate-specific antigen (PSA), plasma lipids, hemoglobin, and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) levels, 61 eugonadal men, 18-35 yr, were randomized to one of five groups to receive monthly injections of a long-acting gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist, to suppress endogenous testosterone secretion, and weekly injections of 25, 50, 125, 300, or 600 mg of testosterone enanthate for 20 wk. Energy and protein intakes were standardized. The administration of the GnRH agonist plus graded doses of testosterone resulted in mean nadir testosterone concentrations of 253, 306, 542, 1,345, and 2,370 ng/dl at the 25-, 50-, 125-, 300-, and 600-mg doses, respectively. Fat-free mass increased dose dependently in men receiving 125, 300, or 600 mg of testosterone weekly (change +3.4, 5.2, and 7.9 kg, respectively). The changes in fat-free mass were highly dependent on testosterone dose (P = 0.0001) and correlated with log testosterone concentrations (r = 0.73, P = 0.0001). Changes in leg press strength, leg power, thigh and quadriceps muscle volumes, hemoglobin, and IGF-I were positively correlated with testosterone concentrations, whereas changes in fat mass and plasma high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol were negatively correlated. Sexual function, visual-spatial cognition and mood, and PSA levels did not change significantly at any dose. We conclude that changes in circulating testosterone concentrations, induced by GnRH agonist and testosterone administration, are associated with testosterone dose- and concentration-dependent changes in fat-free mass, muscle size, strength and power, fat mass, hemoglobin, HDL cholesterol, and IGF-I levels, in conformity with a single linear dose-response relationship. However, different androgen-dependent processes have different testosterone dose-response relationships.

------------

-S

When I was in high school, I worked at a grocery store. My boss had been put on some kind of steroid by his doctor and he didn't workout at all that I knew of. He gained alot of weight, and fat! The longer he stayed on them, the fatter he got.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Loco View Post
    Exactly. In a very brief and "plain english" nutshell, anabolic steroids help your body use more of the food you eat. That's why I always ask morons that think steroids are magic if they think they can just shoot up and POOF, be built. Because of the fact that steroids help your body use more of the foods you eat, it's imperative to use a good, clean diet when using them AND work your ass off twice as hard in the gym. OR, as RD said, the weight you gain wont be the type you want. You see it every day in most gyms.....I see it in mine. I will safely say that almost 80% of the members in my main gym use steroids. But they look soft and fat, not round and muscular. Some of them just get to be bigger versions of the fat guy they were before.

But different steroids have different grades of anabolic properties. Some, like winstrol, wont be as anabolic as Testosterone. If someone did something like that and didnt work out and eat a good diet, I imagine that the least of their problems would be troublesome joints. If someone did trenbolone, Id say they would get severely fat, have night sweats, caugh, and be very irritable.
    thanks for the compliment. i used to see it all the time, esp with predinisone. weight gain was ridiculous. i always wondered why these people didn't workout at least while they were on it. i can see some body fat decrease with using testosterone, but it would be neglible at best. none of the drugs are of any benefit if you are not working out intensely and eating well.

Why don't you take this answer to the pit shithead. I'm sure there are many people that do steroids and don't realize they need to eat good and train good for best results. I was just curious what would happen to those type of individuals.

I think what he was getting at was that if someone were taking steroids for the purpose of gaining muscle, getting harder and losing fat... and took no further actions (which, include resistance and cardiovascular training and proper nutrition) to adequately put one in the best state to further these goals... they would be a very, very naive and ignorant person.

Now, I do remember my Mom was given a cream once when I was a kid - she put about 30lbs on, and complained about excessive hair. Once she got off it - the weight came off too. (I'm assuming the hair ??) She didn't workout - so, I can see in this instance where someone might not workout or train - because the intended purpose wasn't to gain muscle/lose fat.

The person would get dumber.
    Well once he realized he just wasted his money.

I don't think he deserved that SadFatty.

And yes, you are right, everybody starts somewhere. But to take a blind leap without properly educating yourself on what you are getting yourself into is the epitome of ignorance. It also displays a lack of responsible behavior.

AAS use is a privilege, not a right.

If you do not train and eat the way you should to maximize the benefits of AAS use, you will end up a fatter version of what you already are.

SS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast