Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Costco77 View Post
    Have you used this style of training Steve?
    Dorians style of training makes the most sense in everyway to me, in my opinion the smartest trainer in the history of bodybuilding...when he first started training before he even picked up a weight he spent 1 year reading books on training, doing research, observing what others were doing in the gym and came to the conclussion that most were overtraining, not using enough intensity..and that the whole point of this thing we do is to hit it hard in the gym for about 45-60 min tops and then go home rest and grow.... I started training High intensity dorian style about 3 years ago and never really went back to high volume...i have used DC training as well which has many of the same principles...high intensity, low volume, rest-pausing, keep a log book, and weight progression...basically what dorian preached!! so i go back and forth i do DC training for about 2 8 week blasts a year and the rest of the year i do a routine very similar to dorians!! I would suggest if you already havent to watch the dvd when he trains dugdale..one of the most imformative videos out their!!

Quote Originally Posted by steve56 View Post
    Dorians style of training makes the most sense in everyway to me, in my opinion the smartest trainer in the history of bodybuilding...when he first started training before he even picked up a weight he spent 1 year reading books on training, doing research, observing what others were doing in the gym and came to the conclussion that most were overtraining, not using enough intensity..and that the whole point of this thing we do is to hit it hard in the gym for about 45-60 min tops and then go home rest and grow.... I started training High intensity dorian style about 3 years ago and never really went back to high volume...i have used DC training as well which has many of the same principles...high intensity, low volume, rest-pausing, keep a log book, and weight progression...basically what dorian preached!! so i go back and forth i do DC training for about 2 8 week blasts a year and the rest of the year i do a routine very similar to dorians!! I would suggest if you already havent to watch the dvd when he trains dugdale..one of the most imformative videos out their!!

although my split is different than that of dorian
    mon : chest shoulder triceps
    wed : legs
    sat : back biceps...

however i use 3 exercises for bigger muscle groups
    and 2 exercises of smaller muscle group....

i use the philosophy of one all out set to 100 percent muscle failure/exercise...now that when i perform a set to 100 percent failure i cannot go beyond 100 percent on a second set...so the a second set is completely unnecessary....

i throw in techniques like rest pause, only negatives etc to go beyond failure every alternate weeks... problem with these high intesity techniques is if u use them too much... there are chances of CNS overtraining.....for which i ultimately asked him for his periodization schedule...he said 5 to 6 weeks of his super high intensity training followed by 2 to 3 weeks of "relatively" lesser intensity..... that i wud consider the most valuable piece of advise he has given to all those who are trying his 1 all out set to failure approach....(off course... with super diet and supplemntation)....

Quote Originally Posted by mr intensity View Post
    although my split is different than that of dorian
    mon : chest shoulder triceps
    wed : legs
    sat : back biceps...

however i use 3 exercises for bigger muscle groups
    and 2 exercises of smaller muscle group....

i use the philosophy of one all out set to 100 percent muscle failure/exercise...now that when i perform a set to 100 percent failure i cannot go beyond 100 percent on a second set...so the a second set is completely unnecessary....

i throw in techniques like rest pause, only negatives etc to go beyond failure every alternate weeks... problem with these high intesity techniques is if u use them too much... there are chances of CNS overtraining.....for which i ultimately asked him for his periodization schedule...he said 5 to 6 weeks of his super high intensity training followed by 2 to 3 weeks of "relatively" lesser intensity..... that i wud consider the most valuable piece of advise he has given to all those who are trying his 1 all out set to failure approach....(off course... with super diet and supplemntation)....

exactly you have to listen to your body for some its after 5 weeks for some of them after 8 weeks...and then i would either do 1 week off all together..or just light training not to failure for a week... on my crusie weeks or light weeks...i just go to the gym get a pump...use mostly machines and only 3 times a week

exactly you have to listen to your body for some its after 5 weeks for some of them after 8 weeks...and then i would either do 1 week off all together..or just light training not to failure for a week... on my crusie weeks or light weeks...i just go to the gym get a pump...use mostly machines and only 3 times a week
    same here... 8 weeks is the time for me....

same here... 8 weeks is the time for me....
    yes same with me! ...i also think a big part is keeping a log book, and always trying to add a little bit of weight to all lifts or try to do more reps with that same weight every week...always progressing...and i stick within the 5-10 rep range on most lifts...go up to 12-15 sometimes for quads and calfs

The Federal Reserve should be audited, they are stealing our money!!!

Tried and true.

another great thing about this 1 all out set approach is you know that you have this one set and the only set...

1.now that you have only one set .... you have to extract the best from each and every rep....so execllent form is the primary requirement of extracting the best from a set...
    2. now how do we come to know that we have trained to total muscle failure?.... log book plays a very important role here...you have to lift " heavier than before" or go for "more reps than before"..... and not being able to move the weight at all...
    now for that to happen you have to dig deep within....give your best for each workset..

3. certain euphoria or a sense of acheivement is indicative of a perfect all out intense set.

4. i have seen many people get mad about intensity techniques and everything.... but dorain yates training system is more based on recovery aspect of the game...

100 percent failure = growth stimulus.... now once the growth stimulus has been given... all we need is a super supply of protien + hormones + rest ( recovery components)...

its all about creating small muscle damage and too much supply of recovery components = muscle growth.

5. certain techniques like super sets, trisets... are not used in DY training system as they tend to put you through more of cardiovascular fatigue rather than the 100 percent muscle failure....

6. warm up sets are have their own importance as they are needed for Ensuring optimal firing of the neural pathways and increase the blood flow around the muscle...
    so that there is optimal contaction of the muscle and prevention of injury...

and more so you can almost do a dress rehersal kind of a thing with these warm upsers... before a workset...which gives you a superb mind muscle connection..

another great thing about this 1 all out set approach is you know that you have this one set and the only set...

1.now that you have only one set .... you have to extract the best from each and every rep....so execllent form is the primary requirement of extracting the best from a set...
    2. now how do we come to know that we have trained to total muscle failure?.... log book plays a very important role here...you have to lift " heavier than before" or go for "more reps than before"..... and not being able to move the weight at all...
    now for that to happen you have to dig deep within....give your best for each workset..

3. certain euphoria or a sense of acheivement is indicative of a perfect all out intense set.

4. i have seen many people get mad about intensity techniques and everything.... but dorain yates training system is more based on recovery aspect of the game...

100 percent failure = growth stimulus.... now once the growth stimulus has been given... all we need is a super supply of protien + hormones + rest ( recovery components)...

its all about creating small muscle damage and too much supply of recovery components = muscle growth.

5. certain techniques like super sets, trisets... are not used in DY training system as they tend to put you through more of cardiovascular fatigue rather than the 100 percent muscle failure....

6. warm up sets are have their own importance as they are needed for Ensuring optimal firing of the neural pathways and increase the blood flow around the muscle...

and more so you can almost do a dress rehersal kind of a thing with these warm upsers... before a workset...which gives you a superb mind muscle connection..
    Awesome awesome post!!

and yes the warm ups are exactly that...for example on some of the larger bodyparts dorian would do two warm ups on at 50% intensity and the second at about 75% and then his all out 100% real set!!

Just had my first workout today Dorian Style for chest. I loved it! I noticed myself overtraining with high volume so I reasearched Dorian's training style and I added a little volume set at the end, taken from a Scivation's take on Dorian's training style it's called AGS-10. Check it out Steve:

http://scivation.com/teamscivation/a...GS-10_Marc.pdf

Marc Lobliner said he gained 50 lbs of muscle on this program, idk if i beleve that but it worked well for me today!

Exactly when you have only one set to do you are able to focus all of your attention on that set, and I believe this gives you a much better mind-muscle connection. When you break that down even further, since all of your focus and energy goes into that one set it makes every single rep that much more important. I believe Arnold stated that it's the last couple of reps that really stimulate that muscle growth, but I believe that every single rep is just as important from the first to the last every set should be done with all of your focus.

I agree, I've never kept a log book before but training this way, i feel that it's important to track your progress so that you know what weight to shoot for in the one set.

Agreed, not only that but every single rep as well.

Training this way allows your body to get the maximum muscle stimuli while allowing for the greatest recovery of any other training program. Quick and efficent.

Agreed, you need maxiumum strength training Dorian style and supersets and tri sets are going to just decrease your strength and fatigue you.

Also let's you 'load up' or pyramid up to your max strength effort. This allows for the blood to flow into the muscle cells and also prime your CNS which is very overlooked in bodybuilding, you should gradually prime your CNS so that your body is prepared for the last set.

I agree with everything you said.

Awesome awesome post!!

and yes the warm ups are exactly that...for example on some of the larger bodyparts dorian would do two warm ups on at 50% intensity and the second at about 75% and then his all out 100% real set!!

thanks bro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12